Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: Holmes Hobbies Feedback...Unbelievable Support..Why to support Vendors

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 10:41 PM   #421
I wanna be Dave

I just dont understand the lack of any kind of response at all...how long would it take to post a message here and say what is going on and give some idea about any progress in the situation...i realize something was posted early december but keep us updated...

Secondly...if you cant handle the order load due to circumstsnces beyond your control...temporarily put a hold on any new orders so you can catch up....

Either way...communicate something! Anything!

When i get an email stating my order was completed and shipped....i expect it will be here within 3-5 days...but i never got anything beyond the usps stating electronic notification of shipment received on the 8th of january...nothing else...its now the 17th of january...

People telling me to be patient aint cutting it...i want to hear from holmes hobbies...
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2014, 08:03 AM   #422
RCC Addict

Default Re: Holmes Hobbies Feedback...Unbelievable Support..Why to support Vendors

You can find the asked for info here.

Though I do agree that THIS is the thread where it should have been posted.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:22 PM   #423
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default Re: Holmes Hobbies Feedback...Unbelievable Support..Why to support Vendors

Here ya go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
We are working to tie up the loose ends right now. There just aren't enough hours in the day to get back to everybody in the next day or two, but we should have everything settled within about a week. Spent an extra five hours on emails yesterday, it is a start. One of these days HH will be big enough for a dedicated customer service force. I'm counting the days because it is much tougher to work service a half day and fill orders the other half. This sort of split makes it easy to get behind on orders or emails when one has a jump in volume. Robbing Peter to pay Paul in a way.

When it boils down to it I'm having to learn how to manage employees and become a bigger asshole. Much harder than manufacturing a motor, let me tell you! I know it sucks for quite a few customers, being without an answer or update right now. But there is not a choice but to continue working on the problems. I have a family and employees that depend on it! Just know that it will take time to fix everything up to every customer's satisfaction.
We will be contacting for outstanding orders and work via emails and phone calls. The forum is not an effective method for customer service. I see the issues and will make sure everybody is taken care of in the next five business days.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:46 PM   #424
I wanna be Dave

Thank you for the reply John, I have been in business myself and understand issues come up. I didnt realize just how many orders you guys were behind on, my apologies.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:15 PM   #425
I wanna be Dave

I got the motor today John, Awesome Motor, glad I went with the 30T, thanks!
Old 02-01-2014, 07:35 PM   #426
Quarry Creeper

I just placed an order on the Holmes website, the money came out of my PayPal but the website says that the order failed? Anyone else have this problem?
Old 02-01-2014, 08:30 PM   #427

Happens a few times a year. What's the order number? We can change the status
Old 02-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #428
Quarry Creeper

13551, thank you sir
Old 02-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #429

Been waiting on my order to be shipped since Thursday, emailed a few times with no response. Order ID 13517
Old 02-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #430

same here i have emailed no response said the motors were in stock when i ordered now says back ordered. Order #13520.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #431

Thanks for including the order number, we will send an email this afternoon. Both orders have armatures going through production that will finish tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #432

thanks john for letting me no cant wait to get them.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:44 AM   #433
RCC Addict

Got alittle issue with one of my puller 500"s

I will be sending these back for repair.
Awesome motors
Attached Images

Last edited by chevotafun; 02-13-2014 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:33 AM   #434

The million magnet explosion! We will upgrade you to the production can and endbell from the earlier protos. You will really like the change in performance, your low speed resolution will be better and the motor will have more torque. If this is one of a pair, send both in so they are matched.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:21 AM   #435
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
The million magnet explosion! We will upgrade you to the production can and endbell from the earlier protos. You will really like the change in performance, your low speed resolution will be better and the motor will have more torque. If this is one of a pair, send both in so they are matched.
Awesome Thank you John,
Smoother start up? I can't believe it could get smoother
Me like more torque

I will be sending both motors in
They will be going into the mail today.

Last edited by chevotafun; 02-13-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:10 AM   #436
RCC Addict

Motors are on there way
Old 02-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #437
Pebble Pounder

JOHN!!!

RC4WD Killer Krawler 26# Beast

You suggested Puller 500Crawler Type which there are many versions. Which do you recommend? Are you familiar with the Killer Krawler to know the gear rations to compensate for the 25-30# or huge 9.6" tire diameter?
Puller 500 Crawl Crawler or Puller 500 Flow Crawler?
Crawl 13T, 16T, or 20T 131g ...RACER
Flow 30T, 35T, or 40T 144g ...CRAWLER

RACER speeds would be great, but not sure if it would be practical or achieavable for such a beast.

Why not brushless which seems so popular these days?

What about the TorqueMaster Puller combo? the Cobalt Puller with a TorqueMaster ESC?

Last edited by MAVERICKJK; 02-14-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:40 AM   #438
Quarry Creeper

I'm waiting for a motor ordered a month ago, is a very long wait, but what I create moodiness is not only the expected,
is the lack of communication...

... it is very sad that the best engine manufacturer, is also the worst in the order management and communication.

My 2 cent
Old 02-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #439
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbonv View Post
I'm waiting for a motor ordered a month ago, is a very long wait, but what I create moodiness is not only the expected,
is the lack of communication...

... it is very sad that the best engine manufacturer, is also the worst in the order management and communication.

My 2 cent
Never had issues so far with delays, maybe I was lucky but even with the international shipping always got my stuff very fast, maybe John had all in stock....

Anyway great quality and performance motors!

Btw I also got several questions answered back via email pretty quickly

- Slim -
Old 02-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #440
Quarry Creeper

Hi John,

I ordered Pro Custom armatures on the 10th, order id: #13620. Order status is backordered, do you have an estimated delivery date for them?

Thank you,
Heido
Closed Thread