RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Holmes Hobbies (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/)
-   -   Holmes Hobbies Revolver Black (Special edition) (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/78521-holmes-hobbies-revolver-black-special-edition.html)

JohnRobHolmes 05-27-2008 09:40 AM

That sounds like a great place to start for 3s lipo use.

MTNBikerRC 05-27-2008 10:47 AM

Thanks!I will be ordering later today.

ROLANDROCKSHOP 06-02-2008 07:22 PM

got mine in, this thing is small!!
i love it!

Wetfoot 06-06-2008 10:14 PM

How much would i be limiting this motor going with a 1600 8 cell vs a 3s lipo. What capacity and discharge rate should I get in a 3s?

JohnRobHolmes 06-07-2008 10:27 AM

I would recommend a 2100 15C pack for the average user who may be thrashing hard. You can get away with as little as a 1500 15C pack. You won't be limiting it much, but the wheelspeed and punch won't be as strong.

HaSharetz 06-24-2008 07:13 AM

Do I need to upgrade to the Outrunner motor plate for the Axila kit or has that been upgraded since the "Live build"?

crawl rookie 06-24-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaSharetz (Post 1237953)
Do I need to upgrade to the Outrunner motor plate for the Axila kit or has that been upgraded since the "Live build"?

No thats for small aiplane outrunners that normaly need a adapter plate.
The revolver black has the same bot pattern as normal brushed 540 can motors"thumbsup"
Bolt on ;-)l

dadgummit 07-16-2008 08:50 AM

I am totally new to crawling (I don't even have a crawler yet) but not new to brushless. I was thinking of an axial AX10 with the revolver motor and sidewinder esc. Will I be happy with the power from the revolver or would you recommend the crawlmaster? The regular crawlmaster seems a little better built and is only $10 more (out of stock though). What gearing should I use for this? Using the speed calculator it looks like with the stock 87t spur it would take a 25 tooth pinion to hit 6 mph with a 3s lipo. Does that sound about correct?

JohnRobHolmes 07-16-2008 09:25 AM

I would use the Revolver, and use a 12t pinion. The Crawlmaster has a bit more power, but it is hard to get proper gearing on an AX10 without some dremel work sometimes. 6mph on 3s lipo, you shouldn't need such a large pinion.

If you plan on competing, you may want to use a brushed motor first. If you plan on just having fun and tooling around an outrunner is a good choice for worry free running.

dadgummit 07-16-2008 11:18 AM

I'm not planning on any competition at all I am just looking for a change of pace and something to play with in situations where I cannot use something like an E-Maxx or an electric converted Losi 8ight-t. I got the gearing info using a speed calculator from RCMonster.com but I am sure I got my numbers mixed up.

Right now I have a 2100mah lipo and 2 -5000mah lipos both are only 2s though, for the short term would they be good to use? Also with the 8 cell 1500mah saddle packs you have how much run time can I expect? Thanks!

oberon crawler 07-22-2008 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 1263240)
If you plan on competing, you may want to use a brushed motor first. If you plan on just having fun and tooling around an outrunner is a good choice for worry free running.

??? Are brushed motors better for a comp rig than an outrunner like the revolver?

Tupers 07-23-2008 04:29 PM

So I just got one of these from a mate and want know what pinion to use. I'm running a 3s1p 2000Mah LiPo and an R2D on a Mamba Max.

Slow_Joe 07-29-2008 07:46 AM

Just sent payment for a black revolver.

JohnRobHolmes 04-06-2010 03:25 PM

Just got a small batch of special run motors in. These are slightly longer and heavier, with 25% more torque than the original motors. I kept getting bugged to have some on hand, so here you guys go! http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...7&cat=0&page=1

They are still sensorless, but make great motors for when you don't want to mess with any maintenance. Same price as original!

Almighty Malach 04-06-2010 03:46 PM

Awesome! Was just thinking I'd like to have the original version for my tlt. Guess its time to go to the bank8)

Szczerba 05-24-2010 09:11 AM

I am fishing around for a motor for my GMade R1 and found this Revolver.
Buggy here. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/g-made-crawlers/250676-shanes-gmade-r1-rock-buggy-build.html

I am not familiar with these types of motors. What turn or kv do they rate at?
Also, would this motor work on a Tekin Fx-R?

I am going for a higher speed crawler/basher. Probably 30% crawl, 70% heavy throttling.
Right now I am running a 35T with a 12t pinion (R1 stocker) on 11.1v and it is about 40:1, I believe.
Or if you have a recommended motor/esc combo, do tell. The HH larger 540 motors will not fit in the chassis, the endbell hits part of the chassis, so it needs to be a smaller motor.
Thanks for any help.

JohnRobHolmes 05-24-2010 10:00 AM

It is a brushless motor, so you will need a brushless ESC like a mamba or sidewinder. One ESC per motor is needed. The KV is right at 1100, so it will be slower than your 35t motor.

I think this would work very well for you if you use 4s lipo or gear it a bit faster than what you have now. You can gear it pretty high, it has a lot of torque. The only downside is that since it is non-sensored the low speed control isn't the best. Since you will be mostly heavy throttle, that shouldn't be a huge deal.

Szczerba 05-24-2010 10:06 AM

Great. Thanks for the information.

xdillonx 11-23-2010 01:11 PM

5S LiPo option?

First of thanks to Holmes for the great price and fast shipping on the out-runner

I got my revolver this week and hooked it up to my SCX10 with a Quark 65A Roadster ESC using the stock pinion. I am running this motor using a 4S LiPo and it is working GREAT:mrgreen: and even better the motor/ESC temperature barely rises above ambient temp.

Since it is running so well (and cool) with a 4S can I try stepping upto a 5S for even more wheel speed?

Thanks!
-Ryan

JohnRobHolmes 11-23-2010 01:24 PM

It is a big jump, but if you are very diligent about watching the heat amounts on the motor give it a shot. Hysteresis losses in the stator will start to rear their ugly head at high speeds, so don't be surprised if your cool motors becomes cooking hot in a matter of minutes. I haven't gone over 4s, so you are in unknown territory.