Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #2121
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

No, you won't need a BEC. The throttle curves are not yet adjustable, but we are working on implementing this into a future update.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #2122
RCC Addict

do i need lipo's to run tour torquemaster combo?
Old 04-30-2010, 07:47 AM   #2123
Rock Crawler

Default Order #5007

Hi,
I was just wonering when will it ship out????
Old 04-30-2010, 08:59 PM   #2124
Quarry Creeper

i got a 7t puller and it is all wore out! is there a way that i could send it in and have it rebulid? i am trying to work with the person i got it from but if he does not help me out is there a way to do that? and about how much would it run? thanks!
Old 05-16-2010, 12:25 AM   #2125
Rock Stacker

Default 1/8th scale RC4WD ROCKBULL

what motors can i use on this crawler it wieghs about 20LBS with wheel wieghts wanted to know if a holmes motor would work running 2 mamba maxes also planning to put larger tires and rims on it the demolishers from RC4WD THANKS ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
Old 05-16-2010, 06:25 PM   #2126
Quarry Creeper

Default 1.9 motor

hey I order a mrc motor and it dose not work i emailed you and have had no reply. need help plz
Old 05-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #2127
RCC Addict

I am experiencing a weird "glitch" when I turn right ONLY. I am running the HH tm brxl with two 7950th's and a bec on each. Nomadio 4ch radio on my super. I have changed the servo's direction and then the glitch is on the left. Running the Holmes Hold with 40% drag. Epa's are set at 85 and 90. Not sure what to look for so any suggestions would be great.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #2128

For some reason I wasn't getting updates on this thread. I was wondering why it seemed dead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicostaxxs007 View Post
do i need lipo's to run tour torquemaster combo?
Nope, but you will need the CAstle link to turn off the lipo cutoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy85 View Post
i got a 7t puller and it is all wore out! is there a way that i could send it in and have it rebulid? i am trying to work with the person i got it from but if he does not help me out is there a way to do that? and about how much would it run? thanks!
I can take a look at it for you. If it can be rebuilt, it is $20 plus return shipping for the parts and materials assuming you need new brushes. Include contact info and the reason for sending in the motor please.

Holmes Hobbies
716 W. Sexton rd.
Columbia, MO 65203

Quote:
Originally Posted by welder820 View Post
what motors can i use on this crawler it wieghs about 20LBS with wheel wieghts wanted to know if a holmes motor would work running 2 mamba maxes also planning to put larger tires and rims on it the demolishers from RC4WD THANKS ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
I would try two 55t motors on 3 or 4s lipo. If you need more power it may require some outrunners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddog27 View Post
hey I order a mrc motor and it dose not work i emailed you and have had no reply. need help plz
You should have an email back, there are none that passed by me that I have seem. If you didn't get a response, please send again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
I am experiencing a weird "glitch" when I turn right ONLY. I am running the HH tm brxl with two 7950th's and a bec on each. Nomadio 4ch radio on my super. I have changed the servo's direction and then the glitch is on the left. Running the Holmes Hold with 40% drag. Epa's are set at 85 and 90. Not sure what to look for so any suggestions would be great.
One of your servos may have a bad spot, or it may be stalling out. Remove one servo and see if you can narrow it down to the other. Be sure the servo is not hitting the max throw, or bottoming out a linkage.

Last edited by badger; 06-21-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: address change
Old 05-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #2129
Rock Crawler

I recently went Lipo and I finally feel confortable with charging, balancing, etc., but not discharging. I have read some places its not worth my time, or that I should just run the pack down on my rig to LVC. I've looked around the forum and I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated!!
Old 05-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #2130
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_tough View Post
I recently went Lipo and I finally feel confortable with charging, balancing, etc., but not discharging. I have read some places its not worth my time, or that I should just run the pack down on my rig to LVC. I've looked around the forum and I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated!!
Ya they are not like NIMH or NICD. You dont need to ever discharge them. Just use your LVC on your rig. As a matter of fact if you discharge them below the 3v per cell they can get damaged.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #2131
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The only way you should discharge your lipos is by running them in your trucks. Do not drop the voltage in them below 3.0 volts/cell.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #2132
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
Ya they are not like NIMH or NICD. You dont need to ever discharge them. Just use your LVC on your rig. As a matter of fact if you discharge them below the 3v per cell they can get damaged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
The only way you should discharge your lipos is by running them in your trucks. Do not drop the voltage in them below 3.0 volts/cell.
Thank You Guys
Old 05-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #2133
Rock Stacker

Default 1/8th scale rockbull rc4wd

what type of outrunner i had 2 75 turn integy motors in it and one is smoked brand new rig what do you recommend
Old 05-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #2134
Quarry Creeper

Hey John,

Do you think a Torquemaster Handwound Pro in a 30t with your Torquemaster BR-XL ESC on 3s would run satisfactory in a Losi Comp Crawler? Reason I ask is that I came across a good deal on an LCC but would like to use my present motor/ESC comb in it...
Old 05-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #2135
Rock Stacker

Hi,
I recently purchased a cobalt 500 11t and did not get the motor plate with it. Was it supposed to come with that or did I misunderstand the add on your webpage? I have an axial shafty with a 10tooth pinion 87t spur. Will this motor be ok on 9.6v? Thanks for your time.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #2136

Quote:
No discharging needed, as stated@

Quote:
Originally Posted by welder820 View Post
what type of outrunner i had 2 75 turn integy motors in it and one is smoked brand new rig what do you recommend
The Revolver is the only outrunner I am currently carrying. It would work well for your crawler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwrangler08 View Post
Hey John,

Do you think a Torquemaster Handwound Pro in a 30t with your Torquemaster BR-XL ESC on 3s would run satisfactory in a Losi Comp Crawler? Reason I ask is that I came across a good deal on an LCC but would like to use my present motor/ESC comb in it...
With some advanced timing on the motor, it would kick ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
Hi,
I recently purchased a cobalt 500 11t and did not get the motor plate with it. Was it supposed to come with that or did I misunderstand the add on your webpage? I have an axial shafty with a 10tooth pinion 87t spur. Will this motor be ok on 9.6v? Thanks for your time.
My mistake there, it should have come with a plate. Please send an email to jrh@holmeshobbies.com and I will take care of it. 9.6v should be just fine on that motor.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #2137
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the quick response. I sent you an email.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #2138
Rock Stacker

Default rc4wd 1/8th scale rockbull help

thanks john ill go ahead and order the revolver outrunners SHOULD I RUN GEAR REDUCTION UNITS ALSO AND WHAT RATIO IF SO wanted to also ask im running 2 hitech 7950 servos and they seem like they have no torqe im running a castle creations bec @7volts dont want to run any higher because im running a 2.4ghz airtronics m11 radio and reciever and it only suppose to run 6.6volts regulated WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD BE THE PROBLEM this thing does wiegh 20 lbs
Old 05-27-2010, 09:24 PM   #2139
Rock Stacker

Default 1/8th scale rockbull issues

was running 2 mamba max escs when the esc in the rear kept losing throttle position and i would have to reprogram it and when i ran 1 esc or 2 the rear motor had no power running them on 1 channel with a y cable could that be the problem
Old 05-28-2010, 07:43 AM   #2140
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwrangler08
Hey John,

With some advanced timing on the motor, it would kick ass.

Thanks John!!
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM