Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #2161
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

For the heat, some airflow would indeed help. As long as the fan runs off 12v, you would be fine to run it off the 3 cell lipo.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #2162
Pebble Pounder

I am planning on getting a Cobalt Puller 500 for a scale build I am just starting, and I am wondering if the Mamba Max Pro is efficient enough to run it properly?

Thanks ^^
Old 07-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #2163
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddman102 View Post
I am planning on getting a Cobalt Puller 500 for a scale build I am just starting, and I am wondering if the Mamba Max Pro is efficient enough to run it properly?

Thanks ^^
I've been running a 12t 500 puller in my scaler with a Mamba Micro on 3-cell lipo for over a year and a half with no problems....you will have NO problems with your setup.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #2164
Rock Crawler

Hey John, I burned up a HS-225MG dig servo with my new
br-xl setup on 3s 1350 25C lipos... I also run the HS-7995TG for steering. Does the BEC onboard the ESC not have the ability to run with 2 servos and it overloaded it or something? or is it just that the mini servos aren't capable of handling the voltage put out by the BEC? I just bought a HS-5645 for my dig servo and don't want the
same thing to happen to it.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #2165

The BEC won't burn up the servo, but your setup can. Most likely your dig servo was binding at the end of travel and was pulling too many amps. I would suggest putting a spring cush on the servo travel, or adjusting the endpoints so that it does not bind or hum at either end of the servo travel.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #2166

hello, i was looking around your web site and found the cobalt puller 500 motors i was wondering if they would be a good replacement for my artr bully i have two tekin fx-r esc with two integy v11 35 turn motors, and i am running it off of 7.4v. I was wondering which of the two turns (11 or 12) would be a good replacement so it would have around the same speed and power and what gearing i should use. plus will the pullers give me better drag brake?

THANKS
Old 07-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #2167

Looking for a 35t to 45t, with adjustable timing for a non crawler project, and these look like they'll fit the bill. For that matter I wish I had heard of you while I was building my AX10, when my Tekin hand wound needs replacing I'll look to you for help! Do you know what amperage your TorqueMaster Pro Handwounds will draw at best efficiency with 11.1v in that turn range?
Will be going into a rwd scale runner with 3.5" tall tires, and likely 8.17:1 final drive ratio, powered with a tekin fx-r pro and 2 - 20c 1200mah 3s lipo in parallel. Only one pack if the amp draw is low enough. I can play with final drive ratio as needed as well.

Last edited by Formiga; 07-12-2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: bad typing!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:10 AM   #2168

I'm looking at order the 25C 1300mah lipo battery for my MRC. I was curious if I order it with the Deans connector option will the order be delayed. I was planning to order today in hopes I could have them by the end of the week (7/23).
Old 07-19-2010, 10:24 AM   #2169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellxb12s View Post
hello, i was looking around your web site and found the cobalt puller 500 motors i was wondering if they would be a good replacement for my artr bully i have two tekin fx-r esc with two integy v11 35 turn motors, and i am running it off of 7.4v. I was wondering which of the two turns (11 or 12) would be a good replacement so it would have around the same speed and power and what gearing i should use. plus will the pullers give me better drag brake?

THANKS
You will get better drag with the pullers. I would probably suggest an 11t motor since you run 2s lipo. You will have more wheelspeed however, they are quite peppy motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formiga View Post
Looking for a 35t to 45t, with adjustable timing for a non crawler project, and these look like they'll fit the bill. For that matter I wish I had heard of you while I was building my AX10, when my Tekin hand wound needs replacing I'll look to you for help! Do you know what amperage your TorqueMaster Pro Handwounds will draw at best efficiency with 11.1v in that turn range?
Will be going into a rwd scale runner with 3.5" tall tires, and likely 8.17:1 final drive ratio, powered with a tekin fx-r pro and 2 - 20c 1200mah 3s lipo in parallel. Only one pack if the amp draw is low enough. I can play with final drive ratio as needed as well.
You will need a good bit more geardown to extract efficiency from the motors. The efficiency is actually dependent on how much throttle you are using, and basically you just need a little bit of load. As you load them down further the efficiency drops just like any other brushed permanent magnet motor. Most efficient amperage? Just a bit over no load, so about 2 amps. Not much power

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrK5 View Post
I'm looking at order the 25C 1300mah lipo battery for my MRC. I was curious if I order it with the Deans connector option will the order be delayed. I was planning to order today in hopes I could have them by the end of the week (7/23).
The order won't be delayed with the Deans installed. I just got back from Colorado, so I am a bit backed up with orders currently. I should be able to mail all out by tomorrow or wednesday morning however.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:38 AM   #2170
I wanna be Dave

Hey JRH....I'm sure loving my BR-xl esc's!! I have 4 of them now...I went to rojo's this weekend and had some issues though...

here is my rig specs
4pk
dual BR-xl's
2x 2s TP 850 lipos ran to make them small 4s lipos
CC bec

on my 1st course I noticed some stalling on my front end...I figured motor was going south..but then on my 2nd course I was driving along and everything just stopped...no power any where..no rear power, no steering and no front power..I got down to look around at the rig and my lipo went up in smoke!!!
so I take the DNF on course #2..go to the pit to see whats up and at this point I still was thinking front motor issues..so I unplug the front motor from the esc and plug in another set of battery's..soon as the power touch's the deans my second pair of lipos poof out smoke too...$80 bucks in lipos!!
so now i'm thinking the Front ESC is the problem...I start isolating the problem..power up the front esc with an old 3s lipo and it smokes too!!(but I tested the lipo later and it still works)
so lucjy for me I had my spare rig with me and I pulled one of the BR-xl's from it...wire it up and all is fine....so I was able to finish the comp but i'm totally bummed at the huge expensive electronics problem
I'm wondering if there is some issue that might have caused this?? it was a VERY expensive esc issues..
$100 for the Br-xl
$22x4 for my 4 burned up tp lipos=$88
pretty bummed about it I know most electronics dont carry much warranty but I'm wondering what if anything you can do to help me??

(man I was praying to win one of your raffle ESC's.....but I did not win one..)
thanks
Mark
Old 07-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #2171

We can get the ESC replaced for you no sweat, send me an email with your contact info and we can get it sorted out. Sorry that you had troubles during a comp with it! Sometimes these things happen. Frequently it can be conductive dust/ rocks getting under the heatsink and shorting out the FETs.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:19 PM   #2172
I wanna be Dave

Default HH Mini Torque Master

is there any break in required on this motor for the MRC?
Thanks
Old 07-22-2010, 09:05 AM   #2173
I wanna be Dave

Anything ever happen with those sensored outrunners?
Was trying to find the posts on it but nada.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:54 PM   #2174
I wanna be Dave

Got my torque master mini and was wondering what pinion to run? Currently I am running a Reedy stump puller with at 10t pinion. I want to run the HHTMM. HELP!!!

Thanks
Old 07-23-2010, 01:06 PM   #2175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
is there any break in required on this motor for the MRC?
Thanks
Nope, I break them in for you! Just be sure to add in some advanced timing for longest motor life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsteenster View Post
Anything ever happen with those sensored outrunners?
Was trying to find the posts on it but nada.
Just got another one in, and I am trying to get it running right. Looks like it will be a huge task, as I don't know how they wound and positioned the sensors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
Got my torque master mini and was wondering what pinion to run? Currently I am running a Reedy stump puller with at 10t pinion. I want to run the HHTMM. HELP!!!

Thanks
I would start with the 10t and see how you like it. Can't really go wrong with anything you choose, as long as it isn't huge.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #2176
Rock Crawler

Hey I was just checking out your site and was wondering if you had an ETA on when more torquemaster combos might be available? Specifically I'm lookin to get a 45T.

BTW, after scanning through this thread I gotta say I am thoroughly impressed with the level of support you provide for your stuff and for crawlers in general.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #2177
Quarry Creeper

so i bought a torquemaster BR-XL (waterproof verion) back in march, just got around to putting it in my scaler about a month ago. maybe has 5 2200mah 3s packs through it, and while using it today it went up in smoke, haven't even got to touch water with it yet, luckily unplugged the battery and ripped the esc out of the rig before it burnt anything.

this is what it looks like now lol

loved this esc. really just wondering if this is common or if i just got a lemon, cause i would like to get another one.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:35 PM   #2178

Quote:
Originally Posted by version_three View Post
Hey I was just checking out your site and was wondering if you had an ETA on when more torquemaster combos might be available? Specifically I'm lookin to get a 45T.

BTW, after scanning through this thread I gotta say I am thoroughly impressed with the level of support you provide for your stuff and for crawlers in general.
I'll get the inventory refreshed tomorrow when I recount my motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_kernel114 View Post
so i bought a torquemaster BR-XL (waterproof verion) back in march, just got around to putting it in my scaler about a month ago. maybe has 5 2200mah 3s packs through it, and while using it today it went up in smoke, haven't even got to touch water with it yet, luckily unplugged the battery and ripped the esc out of the rig before it burnt anything.

loved this esc. really just wondering if this is common or if i just got a lemon, cause i would like to get another one.
A few meltdowns have happened here and there, most are documented on the forum. For the amount of ESCs out there it isn't very common. Each ESC even gets two bench tests, so it just seems to be a random occurrence. Probably a FET that failed and took the rest down with it.

Shoot me an email, we can get you taken care of no sweat.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #2179
Quarry Creeper

Default Waterproof / Fast ESC

I just built my first scaler and used Losi axles since a "dragbreak" is built in. It has an old Rooster ESC 2s lipo only and a 35T HH. Needless to say it's much much slower than I thought it would be. I wanted to know if your waterproof setup with a 6S lipo would be similar to a VXL brushless set-up on 3S? I have a few 3S laying around I can use but would need to buy 6S to go with the BR-XL so total investment would be the same?

Long term I want to be able to do TTC type comps and water crossings are always involved.

Any opinion you can share would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:07 AM   #2180

I wouldn't push 6s through the 35t motor. Maybe 3s or 4s instead. You can put two 3s packs in series for 6s, it is what most people do.
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM