Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 07:00 PM   #2401
Quarry Creeper

Yes only took a couple of thousands to clean up. I measured comm and it is .387 in dia
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #2402
Rock Stacker

Default Br-xl

Hi John, I run a novak rooster with a 55t motor, I was looking to buy a water proofed version of your above esc with 3s battery but which motor of your handwound series would equal the strength of the novak, could i use the 35t or 45t motors. also looking to buy an xr10, would there be a benefit to buying a matched pair of your motors at the same time, oh, and when will you be waterproofing again, the weather isn't too dry over here in blighty. Thanking you in advance. Phil.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #2403
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66bronco View Post
Yes only took a couple of thousands to clean up. I measured comm and it is .387 in dia
There may be a bad segment. Test the continuity of each segment with the neighbors with an Ohm meter. One that doesn't show a connection will signal a bad spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philster123 View Post
Hi John, I run a novak rooster with a 55t motor, I was looking to buy a water proofed version of your above esc with 3s battery but which motor of your handwound series would equal the strength of the novak, could i use the 35t or 45t motors. also looking to buy an xr10, would there be a benefit to buying a matched pair of your motors at the same time, oh, and when will you be waterproofing again, the weather isn't too dry over here in blighty. Thanking you in advance. Phil.
The novak motor would be like my sport 55t. Any of my handwounds will have far more power than the sport version. You could use 55t through 35t and still have more power and torque.

Matched motors ensure that they are of equal power and speed. Most people won't be able to tell a difference between a matched set and a non-matched set since they are so close anyway.

I hope to be waterproofing soon, I have a new case design that I just need to find a manufacturer for!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #2404
Rock Stacker

Default Re BR-XL Answer

Hi John, thanks for the lightning quick answer, i'll keep an eye on your website for waterproofing updates. Regards, Phil.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #2405

Default what should I be using?

Hello, I am building a super and I want to use a torquemaster for each axle and motor (running clod axles). I want to use your 45t motors as well (or do you think 35t to get the wheel speed? 7.5'' tall tires) I will be running hitec7980s on each axle for 4ws. I suppose I should be adding a cc BEC for them as well. Do you think I should use one battery for both esc's or one battery for each esc. If I use one battery for both esc's, does that mean I only use one BEC as well?? Room on the rig isn't an issue and I do not compete with this. It is just for fun. Also what batteries do you think I should be using, with a good balance of running time and performance. Also could you possibly draw a diagram of how everything should be wired?
I will be running a Spektrum dx6 for it also.
I know it's asking a lot but it would help out greatly.

Thanks very much!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #2406

You can use just one battery. I would recommend a minimum 2200 25c pack. Depending on the vehicle weight and servo power you need, you may want to use two BECs however.

For some diagrams on wiring up vehicles check out the stickies in the electronics forum. There really isn't just one way to do it, I could draw up six different ways to wire your rig and they could all be right!

Last edited by JohnRobHolmes; 11-15-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #2407

Well I want the longest run time I can get. The truck has an 18'' wheelbase and will run in forest/rocky trails most of the time. Can you post which wiring diagram you would go with?
thanks for all the help
Old 11-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #2408
RCC Addict

Hello,

I just purchased one of your 400 series Cobalt Puller motors and want to run it from a Tekin BR1 esc. Will the BR1 run this motor without any issues and can I run it on 3 cell lipo without any problems?

Thanks
Old 11-23-2010, 11:12 AM   #2409
Rock Crawler

standup vs laydown brushes

can you give me a comparison of your two proseries hand wounds, if both are 45ts and running on 3s in an XR10 what kind of service life can be expected from each with proper care, mainly i'm currious about time between comm cuts and brush life.

thanks
Old 11-23-2010, 11:25 PM   #2410
Quarry Creeper

Hi John, I had a question my mini Torque Master. I left a detailed question on the "contact us" link on your website. Is it better to contact you on this page?

Thanks, Paul Chowanec

Last edited by crwlnCreeper; 11-23-2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: spell
Old 11-24-2010, 08:03 AM   #2411

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianpurdy1 View Post
Well I want the longest run time I can get. The truck has an 18'' wheelbase and will run in forest/rocky trails most of the time. Can you post which wiring diagram you would go with?
thanks for all the help
I would go with this one if you use a BEC. You can disregard removing the "signal" wire from the BEC as Castle has fixed the issue that required that step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGGruff View Post
Hello,

I just purchased one of your 400 series Cobalt Puller motors and want to run it from a Tekin BR1 esc. Will the BR1 run this motor without any issues and can I run it on 3 cell lipo without any problems?

Thanks
I haven't tried the b1r with the 400 series. If you are willing to watch the heat at first I say give it a shot. But I do not think the ESC would take 3s lipo. I don't think the motor would like it either depending on the wind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootar View Post
standup vs laydown brushes

can you give me a comparison of your two proseries hand wounds, if both are 45ts and running on 3s in an XR10 what kind of service life can be expected from each with proper care, mainly i'm currious about time between comm cuts and brush life.

thanks
Between the team build and the standard Pro there is little difference in service life. The Team build has better low speed control, but the standard Pro has better low end torque.

If using a 45t, cutting the comm after every hour of use on 3s would not be a bad idea. The longer you go between cuts, the shorter the motor life will be. Brush life is hard to say, it depends on your driving style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwlnCreeper View Post
Hi John, I had a question my mini Torque Master. I left a detailed question on the "contact us" link on your website. Is it better to contact you on this page?

Thanks, Paul Chowanec
Either way. I will get emails done here in a few minutes.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #2412
Quarry Creeper

Default Order #5804 Revolver mtrs

Hey John,

The order and the invoice was for 2.. Only got one.. Still have another one in stock?
Old 11-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #2413

I'll get you fixed right up, thanks for the heads up!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #2414
Quarry Creeper

Default What Esc and motor combo?

Just built a Scx-10 scaler, I'll be running 3 cell 2200mah 30c lipo. I think I want to run your Torquemaster Br-Xl esc along with a brushed motor. Not sure which motor to go with? I want to crawl but also want lots of wheel speed for trail running. I was thinking of a Torquemaster pro handwound team motor 35 turn? I really want the right combo, and willing to pay for it. I see your havn a release of some sort tomorrow. Will this be what I want? I know your esc is bullet proof I just want the ultimate motor to go wuth it for my scaler. I'm also not against going brushless. thanks
Old 11-29-2010, 12:40 AM   #2415
Quarry Creeper

Hi John, I'm having a problem with my Mini TorqueMaster in my MRC Pro. It runs for a few minutes, but then stalls. If I tap the motor or push the crawler, it will work again for a few minutes. I'm running the 14t pinion, Losi 2s lipo, & Tekin B1R. Any info would be great. Thanks, Paul
Old 11-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #2416

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420ZIP View Post
Just built a Scx-10 scaler, I'll be running 3 cell 2200mah 30c lipo. I think I want to run your Torquemaster Br-Xl esc along with a brushed motor. Not sure which motor to go with? I want to crawl but also want lots of wheel speed for trail running. I was thinking of a Torquemaster pro handwound team motor 35 turn? I really want the right combo, and willing to pay for it. I see your havn a release of some sort tomorrow. Will this be what I want? I know your esc is bullet proof I just want the ultimate motor to go wuth it for my scaler. I'm also not against going brushless. thanks
If you like brushed stuff, you have chosen a great combo. The only downside is that brushed motors wear out over time.

A good brushless combo would be a 17.5 Hyperion or Tekin motor with a Tekin RS or Mamba Max Pro system. I run that in a few scalers and they do well, but are pricey for the system comparatively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwlnCreeper View Post
Hi John, I'm having a problem with my Mini TorqueMaster in my MRC Pro. It runs for a few minutes, but then stalls. If I tap the motor or push the crawler, it will work again for a few minutes. I'm running the 14t pinion, Losi 2s lipo, & Tekin B1R. Any info would be great. Thanks, Paul

I think I may have returned an email to you? We can get you fixed up.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #2417
Quarry Creeper

Default Invoice ID #5843

John,
I just paid for an order and I forgot to include the CC BEC. Could you include this and invoice me the remaining balance.
Thanks
Old 12-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #2418
www.team3sixrc.com

email sent, money waiting
Old 12-02-2010, 12:35 AM   #2419
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post

I think I may have returned an email to you? We can get you fixed up.
Hey John, Didn't see any email. It's crwln@msn.com if ya need it. Thanks, Paul
Old 12-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #2420
Pebble Pounder

I also have a SCx10 Scale and looking to upgrade the ESC and motor what ESC and motor comb do you recommend for a scale trail and crawl unit ? Brush or brushless what is better for a scale unit ? also what lipo should i run 3C ? New to the electric RC always had a gas ones. Thanks Jeff
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM