Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #3021
Pebble Pounder

Default 13T and 55T

HH,

I'm just getting into crawling and doing it with the Wraith.

I just ordered a Crawlmaster 13t Team 2012 Edition and a Torquemaster 540 55t. I probably should of asked more before ordering. Anyway I figured that got me the far ends of the spectrum and the chance to experience the difference.

What is the difference between the Team 2012 Edition and the regular Crawlmaster 13t?

I also ordered a 2S and a 3S batter along with your BRXL ESC.

What gearing should I use with the 13t for crawling? What should I be looking at for the 55t for speed and bashing around?

I've done a lot of reading, need to do lots more looking forward to my package from you.

Oh - also I got the ESC water proofed, any concerns with water and the brushed motors (besides longevity) ?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #3022
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFGcrawler418 View Post
Id say prob like 6 comps ( few where I broke early and didn't get to finish the day), although I did tear the motor apart several times for cleaning and lube of bearings but no comm cut. I switched to some 35 turns a while back but the ones in the pic are 25T
Sounds like there may have been a rock or something get into the motor. Hard to say for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDR View Post
HH,
On the Wraith, I'm looking to setup for all crawling but need some wheel speed for tougher obsticles. Comparing the crawlmaster and torque master, what is the benifits of one over the other in crawling aspect? And i'm thinking either 20t crawl or 35t torque with your br-xl esc. Also, what gearing do you recammend for that setup?
In a nutshell, the Crawlmaster crawls better and the TorqueMaster has a bit higher torque density and drag brake. You are on the right track with your choices, but I would suggest a 16t CM instead of the 20t for you. As for gearing, if you really want to crawl then start with a 15t pinion and 3s lipo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobier View Post
HH,

I'm just getting into crawling and doing it with the Wraith.

I just ordered a Crawlmaster 13t Team 2012 Edition and a Torquemaster 540 55t. I probably should of asked more before ordering. Anyway I figured that got me the far ends of the spectrum and the chance to experience the difference.

What is the difference between the Team 2012 Edition and the regular Crawlmaster 13t?

I also ordered a 2S and a 3S batter along with your BRXL ESC.

What gearing should I use with the 13t for crawling? What should I be looking at for the 55t for speed and bashing around?

I've done a lot of reading, need to do lots more looking forward to my package from you.

Oh - also I got the ESC water proofed, any concerns with water and the brushed motors (besides longevity) ?
The Team edition CM has a Checkpoint can. It drives a bit smoother, the brushes and comm last longer, and the build is higher quality than anything else available.

If you get the motors in water, just be sure to clean them out after each run so they don't rust.

I think you made some great selections to get you started!
Old 09-17-2011, 10:13 PM   #3023

HH just got one of your 28 turn crawlmaster motors for my wraith and like the torque its putting out. My only problem is on 2s with stock gears its really lacking for wheel speed. would you recomend trying to gear it higher or switch to either 3s or 4s to gain back a little wheel speed?
Old 09-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #3024
Rock Crawler

Hi John,

Just want to get an update on this order #7450.

Thanks
Old 09-18-2011, 11:28 PM   #3025
Rock Crawler

I just purchased a Crawlmaster Pro 13t from one of our lhs. I put it in one of my scalers, which weighs 9.5lbs with 87spur and 15t pinion. I ran one 3c 4400 pack through it today. I really like the motor, my question is why the motor got so hot? I'm worried if I keep running it, I will burn it up. Should I put it in my Wraith instead and get something else for this heavy rig? Maybe one of your pullers would be a better choice? Here is a pic of the rig:

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:54 AM   #3026

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
HH just got one of your 28 turn crawlmaster motors for my wraith and like the torque its putting out. My only problem is on 2s with stock gears its really lacking for wheel speed. would you recomend trying to gear it higher or switch to either 3s or 4s to gain back a little wheel speed?
I would add voltage first. 3s and 4s is safe on the 28t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbing View Post
Hi John,

Just want to get an update on this order #7450.

Thanks
We should have some 20t arms done in the next few days to complete your order, thanks for being patient while we are moving the business!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
I just purchased a Crawlmaster Pro 13t from one of our lhs. I put it in one of my scalers, which weighs 9.5lbs with 87spur and 15t pinion. I ran one 3c 4400 pack through it today. I really like the motor, my question is why the motor got so hot? I'm worried if I keep running it, I will burn it up. Should I put it in my Wraith instead and get something else for this heavy rig? Maybe one of your pullers would be a better choice? Here is a pic of the rig:

Thanks.
It could be many things, including terrain and driving style. Just about any motor will get hot if you are running a full 4400 mah pack through it. That is a pretty heavy rig too. A larger motor would run cooler though, like the Puller. If you find that the comm is glazing and turning colors we certainly need to figure out a better motor for you.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #3027
www.team3sixrc.com

BTW, Congrads on the marriage John.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #3028
Pebble Pounder

Default Help

First and for most congrats on marriage.

I am going to be building a wraith for the wife. I have been looking at your gear. I currently use A tekin fxr set up in my Honcho. She wants alot of speed. (which is a good thing )
I wold like to run 3s lipo. 1300 MaH. I do have a tekin Hotwire, could I get the FXR and use on of your motors, Should I get a Bec? (i dont run on on Honcho, SHould I?)
If I do run a BEC could I use extension line and take red wire out of that instead of taking it out of esc connector? (what to still use hotwire)
How High turn of motor can I get with using 3s lipo? if I use a 25t can I still use 3s or is 2s better?
Sorry for all the ?'s. I just want to do what is right.
thank for the help.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #3029
Quarry Creeper

Couple of quick questions. I just recieved your TorqueMaster Pro 35T I won from TCS Does it come with 0 timing? Do I need to change that? Its going in a 6.3lb SCX10. Last question, you reccomended a 15T pinion for good crawling so I picked one up, its a Robinsons Racing 48 pitch. Is this the right pitch? Thanks
Old 09-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #3030

Hey john I picked up one of ur waterproff speed controlers and it dose not look like my buddys its like the one I have did u change the epoxy look
thanks .beau
Old 09-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #3031
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau.G View Post
Hey john I picked up one of ur waterproff speed controlers and it dose not look like my buddys its like the one I have did u change the epoxy look
thanks .beau
He changed the process a while back. The newer ones look much cleaner and factory now!

John, I am wanting a new motor for my SCX10. Right now I run the axial 27t because I got them cheap.

I really want something with about 25-50% more wheel speed and definitely more torque. This is running 3s on your BRXL controller.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #3032
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
He changed the process a while back. The newer ones look much cleaner and factory now!

John, I am wanting a new motor for my SCX10. Right now I run the axial 27t because I got them cheap.

I really want something with about 25-50% more wheel speed and definitely more torque. This is running 3s on your BRXL controller.
I would assume you want to stay brushed (since you have brxl). I would consider the crawlmaster motors. 13 turn probably a little faster and much more torque. 16 turn would probably run about the same speed as that axial but with more torque.

I would strongly consider running the 16 turn on 3s (or even 4 really) with taller gearing. The 1.9 tires will put less of a load on the motor, the 5 slots will still have killer low speed control, and gearing her up will get you the speed you need.

I would try 18 tooth pinion, 87 tooth spur, and a 16 crawlmaster. Maybe even a 13 with that setup, but it will get hot a little sooner than the 16, so if you like longer trail runs then you may want the 16.

Also the crawlmasters are super low amp draw and your same packs will last longer than with that axial sealed can.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #3033
Pebble Pounder

I installed a waterproof BR-Xl along with a crawlmaster 13t in my Wraith. I am mostly running it on 3s but occasionally 4s. I took it out today and started with a 1000mah 4s... ran until lipo cut and stuck a 2200 3s in it. Less than 15 minutes into the run it starting getting really weak then just shut off all throttle control, steering and lights were fine(running off a CCBEC). I disconnected the battery and plugged it back in. The speed control made no sounds at all. I thought it may have hit some kind of thermal shut down(was not hot at all though) so I left the battery disconnected for well over an hour. When I tried it again later it beeped just fine and started going but it was very weak then it shut off and wouldn't do anything again. I tried just a minute ago with a 4s and it beeped very quietly and scratchy and started working very slowly and stopped again. Is the speed control fried?? If it were a rx or tx issue the speed control would still beep for lipo but it would never arm correctly...I am getting no beeps so it sounds to me like the speed control. I just bought it a couple weeks ago at my awesome LHS.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:14 PM   #3034
Quarry Creeper

Default BR-XL problem

Hello,
I have a newer BR-XL that I tried to hook up for the first time tonight. All I get is a slow red LED flash. No beeps or anything else. I have checked all of my connection and everything looks fine.
When I setup the other one it works great (front esc). When I hook the two up to the reciever the other one (front) starts to work intermittenly.
I was trying to set them by themselves, not wired together.
Useing in a dual esc setup with 16T Crawlmasters.
Thanks Chad
Old 09-26-2011, 08:52 AM   #3035

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofylundeen View Post
First and for most congrats on marriage.

I am going to be building a wraith for the wife. I have been looking at your gear. I currently use A tekin fxr set up in my Honcho. She wants alot of speed. (which is a good thing )
I wold like to run 3s lipo. 1300 MaH. I do have a tekin Hotwire, could I get the FXR and use on of your motors, Should I get a Bec? (i dont run on on Honcho, SHould I?)
If I do run a BEC could I use extension line and take red wire out of that instead of taking it out of esc connector? (what to still use hotwire)
How High turn of motor can I get with using 3s lipo? if I use a 25t can I still use 3s or is 2s better?
Sorry for all the ?'s. I just want to do what is right.
thank for the help.
On 3s you will need a BEC. You can use an extension to run power to the servo, or just remove the red wire from the FXR rx plug and plug the BEC directly into the RX. A 25t would work just fine on 3s. You could go down to a 19t and still use 3s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally101 View Post
Couple of quick questions. I just recieved your TorqueMaster Pro 35T I won from TCS Does it come with 0 timing? Do I need to change that? Its going in a 6.3lb SCX10. Last question, you reccomended a 15T pinion for good crawling so I picked one up, its a Robinsons Racing 48 pitch. Is this the right pitch? Thanks
Yes, it would have zero timing from TCS. You may want to add some timing to the motor, but it isn't needed. Your pinion sounds just right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau.G View Post
thanks .beau
Texas said it, we changed the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post

4xFord makes good recommendations. A 13t or 11t Crawlmaster would be my suggestion, or else something between a 20 and 27t TorqueMaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73bronco View Post
I installed a waterproof BR-Xl along with a crawlmaster 13t in my Wraith. I am mostly running it on 3s but occasionally 4s. I took it out today and started with a 1000mah 4s... ran until lipo cut and stuck a 2200 3s in it. Less than 15 minutes into the run it starting getting really weak then just shut off all throttle control, steering and lights were fine(running off a CCBEC)..... I just bought it a couple weeks ago at my awesome LHS.
Sounds like a warranty. Send it back in please

716 W. Sexton rd.
Columbia, MO 65203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomonkey RC View Post
Hello,
I have a newer BR-XL that I tried to hook up for the first time tonight. All I get is a slow red LED flash. No beeps or anything else. I have checked all of my connection and everything looks fine.
When I setup the other one it works great (front esc). When I hook the two up to the reciever the other one (front) starts to work intermittenly.
I was trying to set them by themselves, not wired together.
Useing in a dual esc setup with 16T Crawlmasters.
Thanks Chad
Same to you, I can take a look at it. see post above for my email. If you haven't tried it yet, reflash the firmware on Castle link.

Last edited by badger; 06-21-2012 at 11:21 AM. Reason: address change
Old 09-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #3036
Quarry Creeper

OK I will try to reflash it.
Thanks for the fast responce, Chad

Last edited by Psychomonkey RC; 09-26-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #3037
RCC Addict

ok johnrob, i have two 7t pullers sitting here, two mamba max ESC's both in brushed mode with auto lipo and usb ports that don't work any more.
i did some looking and the two speed old emaxx transmission seems to have about the same gear ratios as the transmission in my old savage.
a 7t on 3s will spin, in theory about 30krpm which will be fairly close to a nitro motor top end.

if i do a savage electric conversion, will the two puller's do the trick? the sucker weighs like 15lbs right now. is dual ESC and dual battery the way to go? i know your site lists the 7t amperage at 38 and a MM puts out 100. I also seem to have one of your BR-XL waterproof ESC's laying around.
any thoughts on this idea?
tim
Old 09-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #3038
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post

716 W. Sexton rd.
Columbia, MO 65203

Same to you, I can take a look at it. see post above for my email. If you haven't tried it yet, reflash the firmware on Castle link.
John,
Tried to reflash it and still a no go. Do you want me to try anything else or just send it in?
Thanks Chad

Last edited by badger; 06-21-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: address change
Old 09-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #3039
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
On 3s you will need a BEC. You can use an extension to run power to the servo, or just remove the red wire from the FXR rx plug and plug the BEC directly into the RX. A 25t would work just fine on 3s. You could go down to a 19t and still use 3s.

okay thank you very much will order Bec soon and an extension... Thank you for your support of the site and being a great vendor
Old 09-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #3040
Quarry Creeper

I pre-ordered a Wraith kit so I'm needing a motor. I got a BR-XL from you when they were on sale and I'll be running a 3s lipo, maybe a 4s. What motor would you suggest? I'll be doing some crawling/bashing like most others here. I would also like some nice wheel speed when I need it. What motor do you sell the most of for the Wraith?

Thanks,
Eric
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM