Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #3041
I wanna be Dave

john i have your water proofed ESC and need to know what version of castle software works best with it, thx.........bob

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #3042
Rock Stacker

Would a Sidewinder Or SV2 esc be good enough for the Black revolver motor?

Thanx
Old 09-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #3043
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
I would assume you want to stay brushed (since you have brxl). I would consider the crawlmaster motors. 13 turn probably a little faster and much more torque. 16 turn would probably run about the same speed as that axial but with more torque.

I would strongly consider running the 16 turn on 3s (or even 4 really) with taller gearing. The 1.9 tires will put less of a load on the motor, the 5 slots will still have killer low speed control, and gearing her up will get you the speed you need.

I would try 18 tooth pinion, 87 tooth spur, and a 16 crawlmaster. Maybe even a 13 with that setup, but it will get hot a little sooner than the 16, so if you like longer trail runs then you may want the 16.

Also the crawlmasters are super low amp draw and your same packs will last longer than with that axial sealed can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
4xFord makes good recommendations. A 13t or 11t Crawlmaster would be my suggestion, or else something between a 20 and 27t TorqueMaster.
Thanks Shelby and John! I will order in a few days.

What would b the advantage of the crawlmaster over torquemaster or vise versa?
Old 09-27-2011, 01:51 PM   #3044
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Thanks Shelby and John! I will order in a few days.

What would b the advantage of the crawlmaster over torquemaster or vise versa?
Assuming the same KV between the two:

The Crawlmaster will have smoother start up (crawl smoother and slower).
The Crawlmaster will have longer run times.

Torquemaster will have a little more torque.
Torquemaster will have stronger drag break.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:08 PM   #3045
Quarry Creeper

New to the crawler motors.
i am working on a build i have a Stampede trans im going to be using so i am needing to get a 540 size motor.
im going to be running a 2.2 tire with TLT axles.
john how will the Torquemaster Sport motor work for me?
i assume that the more wounds is better for a crawler...55 better than 45 i would assum but im not sure thats why i wanted to ask and see.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #3046
Rock Crawler

I'm using your BR-XL on my wraith with your 20t TMP on 2-3s.. The problem I'm having is that sometimes it's working no problem, then sometimes it won't work at all. No noise from motor or esc, lights and steering work fine. when giving throttle forward or reverse, green and red light come on like normal but no movements. While it's not working, I get a green blinking lights while in nuetral. recaliberate to transmitter and still does the same thing.

Thanks

Last edited by Erbing; 09-28-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #3047
Pebble Pounder

When can we expect to see motors in stock again?
Old 09-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #3048
Pebble Pounder

John,

I ordered a Cobalt Puller 7T in the beginning of this month, order number #7443. Received the motor the 2nd week of the month. The motor doesn't go very fast and it gets very HOT just for light crawling for less than 5 mins. I tried to contact you about it (From your site to your email), I've send you 3 emails in total since the first week I received the motor, and now it's been the 3rd week, and I still haven't hear from you.

Meanwhile, I've been using the motor. I've ran it less than a week, and today the motor doesn't work at all...
Old 10-01-2011, 07:09 AM   #3049
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Maxcipollino@ View Post
i think you have received the MMP, please contact me before shipping them out, perhaps i need 2 cobalt puller but i0m not sure if 6T or 7T.
which one do you suggest to be mounted on an Emaxx for light crawlig and some bushing? 2S lipo and, if fit, your BL-XL

thanks Marco
Quote:
I did get em, we should be able to waterproof them within a few days here.

I would suggest the 7t for an emaxx. If you are going to use two motors then you could get away with the 6t.
any good news for me john?

you are going to recive an email from me maxcipo69@yahoo.it), please check
Old 10-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #3050
Rock Crawler

Hi John,
I emailed a week or 2 ago but never heard back from you.
I have a BRXL that I purchased from you this summer that has stopped working. I get green and red lights depending on the direction the radio is telling it to go but no power to the motor. It also does not tone out when powered up. This is on my 2.2 comp rig. It has not gotten wet. Can this be repaired or covered under warranty?
Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Bryan
Old 10-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #3051
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairba11 View Post
ok johnrob, i have two 7t pullers sitting here, two mamba max ESC's both in brushed mode with auto lipo and usb ports that don't work any more.
i did some looking and the two speed old emaxx transmission seems to have about the same gear ratios as the transmission in my old savage.
a 7t on 3s will spin, in theory about 30krpm which will be fairly close to a nitro motor top end.

if i do a savage electric conversion, will the two puller's do the trick? the sucker weighs like 15lbs right now. is dual ESC and dual battery the way to go? i know your site lists the 7t amperage at 38 and a MM puts out 100. I also seem to have one of your BR-XL waterproof ESC's laying around.
any thoughts on this idea?
tim
I think it would be a good project. I can't say the 7t pullers will last too long pushing that much power, but it would be a ripping rig! One BRXl should be enough, but it will be worked pretty hard and the heat should be watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomonkey RC View Post
John,
Tried to reflash it and still a no go. Do you want me to try anything else or just send it in?
Thanks Chad
Yep, just send her in.

716 W. Sexton rd.
Columbia, MO 65203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie W View Post
I pre-ordered a Wraith kit so I'm needing a motor. I got a BR-XL from you when they were on sale and I'll be running a 3s lipo, maybe a 4s. What motor would you suggest? I'll be doing some crawling/bashing like most others here. I would also like some nice wheel speed when I need it. What motor do you sell the most of for the Wraith?

Thanks,
Eric
For 3s or 4s use the 16t Crawlmaster or 27t Torquemaster would be my recommendation. If you are only to use 3s you could go as fast as 11t CM or 20t TM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
john i have your water proofed ESC and need to know what version of castle software works best with it, thx.........bob

Just use the most up to date Castle software, download it from their website if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLODZ_72_2003 View Post
Would a Sidewinder Or SV2 esc be good enough for the Black revolver motor?

Thanx
Yep, it would be a great choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ198 View Post
New to the crawler motors.
i am working on a build i have a Stampede trans im going to be using so i am needing to get a 540 size motor.
im going to be running a 2.2 tire with TLT axles.
john how will the Torquemaster Sport motor work for me?
i assume that the more wounds is better for a crawler...55 better than 45 i would assum but im not sure thats why i wanted to ask and see.
The Sport motors would give you plenty of pep for the price. Higher turns are always better, it depends on how much power you want. A 55t is a good place to start though, and I would suggest 3s lipo to give it some speed and power. It will wear a long time and give you plenty of control!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbing View Post
I'm using your BR-XL on my wraith with your 20t TMP on 2-3s.. The problem I'm having is that sometimes it's working no problem, then sometimes it won't work at all. No noise from motor or esc, lights and steering work fine. when giving throttle forward or reverse, green and red light come on like normal but no movements. While it's not working, I get a green blinking lights while in nuetral. recaliberate to transmitter and still does the same thing.

Thanks
Sounds like there may be a connection issue between ESC and motor. Check out your connectors and be sure the motor brushes aren't sticking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbum View Post
When can we expect to see motors in stock again?
Depends on the motor? I have plenty of blanks here I can wind up if you select "custom" winds. If you let me know what you are looking for specifically we can see if there is a batch being made now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kustom View Post
John,

I ordered a Cobalt Puller 7T in the beginning of this month, order number #7443. Received the motor the 2nd week of the month. The motor doesn't go very fast and it gets very HOT just for light crawling for less than 5 mins. I tried to contact you about it (From your site to your email), I've send you 3 emails in total since the first week I received the motor, and now it's been the 3rd week, and I still haven't hear from you.

Meanwhile, I've been using the motor. I've ran it less than a week, and today the motor doesn't work at all...
No good! Thanks for being patient about me getting back to you. I didn't see any emails but that doesn't mean I didn't get em. Sounds like we need to send a replacement. I will try to find your email and send one back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal_GIT_r View Post
Hi John,
I emailed a week or 2 ago but never heard back from you.
I have a BRXL that I purchased from you this summer that has stopped working. I get green and red lights depending on the direction the radio is telling it to go but no power to the motor. It also does not tone out when powered up. This is on my 2.2 comp rig. It has not gotten wet. Can this be repaired or covered under warranty?
Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Bryan
Send her back in, my address is higher up in this post.

Last edited by badger; 06-21-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: address change
Old 10-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #3052
Quarry Creeper

John, I made an order last week for a waterproofed BRXL and 2 of the 27 turn epic motors you have on sale. Just curious as to the status of the order? I'm not in any rush for them, just excited to see what they will do. For some reason I can't log in to your website and the 'forgotten password' link says it doesn't recognize my email address. I did get a payment conf. from paypal, order number 7578.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #3053
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
No good! Thanks for being patient about me getting back to you. I didn't see any emails but that doesn't mean I didn't get em. Sounds like we need to send a replacement. I will try to find your email and send one back.
Thanks John! My email is " jason-ny@hotmail.com ".
Old 10-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #3054
Pebble Pounder

Default br xl trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbing View Post

Thanks
Hi John I have similar problem sent you a email please advise. Also just learned that just giving the wraith a tiny nudge will get the motor to turn @ high speed, as soon as you slow down it will stop working. makes a odd screeching sound when try to go slow sometimes running a new hh torque master 21 t on 3s

Last edited by nafie; 10-03-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 10-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #3055
Quarry Creeper

Hi John, I bought a beanie from your site about on August 15 inv#7341 , You emailed me saying that you were out but would be getting some in a month or so. Just wonderin if they are in stock yet. Let me know whenever you see this.

Thanks,
Skip
Old 10-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #3056
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Default matched pair of 2012 Team Torquemaster Pro 540 35t

Hey John,

Your motors are the best. My old torquemaster pro 35s have held up wonderfully and scored me 4th in 2.2 at Nats. As they have some hours on them I'm in the market for a new matched pair for my berg. If you offer this service for this motor, please let me know how I should order from your website.

Cheers,

Joel (SkaldidDog)
Old 10-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #3057
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Maxcipollino@ View Post
any good news for me john?

you are going to recive an email from me maxcipo69@yahoo.it), please check
any news for me?
Can you please answer to my email.
Thanks Marco
Old 10-10-2011, 06:42 AM   #3058
Quarry Creeper

John, I am looking for a motor for my scaler.... I would like some wheelspeed as well as crawlability...... castle SV2 and 2s or 3s lipo.....i Was looking at the 25t armature..... or maybe lower???
Old 10-10-2011, 07:41 AM   #3059
Quarry Creeper

I was just wondering the status of order #7606.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 10-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #3060
I wanna be Dave

Greetings! I've just smoked another one of the 35T Torque Masters in my heavy 1/6th scale Jeep (15 lbs). This time I was bumper deep in mud just plowing my way through it when the truck stuttered then went into thermal shut down ( FXR esc). As I walked over to the rig I saw heavy 'magic white smoke' coming from under the hood. When I opened the hood you could see the heat radiation coming off of the motor.

My question is, should I be looking for a different type of motor? Would a 550 be a step in the right direction? Do you 'dabble' with 550's?

This is the 3rd motor that I've cooked in the past 9 months. I'm out of good HH motors now and I don't want to buy any more until I can get something figured out. Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM