Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 12:25 AM   #3181
Pebble Pounder

Hi John,

Thanks for the answer and the excellent service you do.
I placed my order today.
Thanks,
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by roodstreepje
Hello john,

I have broke my BR-XL. I swapped the + and - on my 3s lipo. .....

Thanks,
Steven

The ESC has been fatally damaged. We can do a flat rate replacement for you. Pick up this item and I will take care of the rest. Holmes Hobbies LLC / Holmes Bikes :: Service and Labor :: Holmes TorqueMaster BR-XL REPLACEMENT

Please put a note in the order that you are from Belgium, and I will not require you to send in the old unit. My apologies for missing your previous emails, we are working hard to keep up on customer service!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2011, 03:29 AM   #3182
Quarry Creeper

any news on whether my order #7992 shipped yet?
Old 12-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #3183
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

EDIT:

Never mind, went with a 540 conversion instead. Figured I'd save you some typing?

Last edited by BackToThePast; 12-17-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:53 AM   #3184

John i have been trying to reach you about my error on my order 8006, i didn`t change from the default wind of 27 i need to change that to 45t please, i hope you get this in time my order status is still in process,and i have your br xl esc in my wish list how soon wil it be in stock .

Thanks

these are going in my axial xr10 biuld
Old 12-15-2011, 08:24 AM   #3185

Hey John...I was just inquiring on the status of my order... Order id: #8008...I was wondering if there was a back order or if I need to pay more... with the Holiday season I understand if it takes longer...just a little update as to what the status is would be nice...thanks again
Old 12-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #3186
Rock Crawler

i could go for an update too. order number 7924. thanks.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #3187
Quarry Creeper

Nevermind, I ended up just selling the 11t, didn't want to chance it.

Thanks

Last edited by glondark; 12-19-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #3188

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja turtle View Post
i could go for an update too.
ditto. my order # is 7811.

been over a month now. im plenty patient just like to know status since the website shows my order is completed.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #3189
Quarry Creeper

I would also like to place an order for a Combo as I have seen first hand just how good these are But I am unsure IF they are in stock or not????????
Old 12-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #3190
Rock Crawler

Hi John,

Order 7900 was shorted a hat. Are they on backorder or shipping seperate or something? No explanation on the packing list so I wanted to inquire.

Thanks

-Aaron
Old 12-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #3191

i could use some help i am buildin a custom crawler i am using the berg/newage axles also using 2 tekin 13.5t motors is there a(n) esc to go with this setup i am using a futaba 4PKS radio any help would be great
Old 12-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #3192
Quarry Creeper

I have a 16t crawlmaster that has 5 or 6 1300mah pack through it.

The motor has a "dead spot" in it. It will work until it comes to a stop and wont start working again until it gets physically bumped or moved then it fires right up.

Ax10
FXR
castle BEC
16t crawlmaster (13p 87s)
ugc fastback
1300mah HH 3s batteries
3pmx rx/tx

Suggestions on what I can or should to to fix it?

Thanks, durrty
Old 12-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #3193
Quarry Creeper

My order #7987 just went from Processed to Backordered. Ah well, what can you do? I cannot wait to try the HH ESC and motor combo out. They have a lot of hype from this forum to live up to.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #3194
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Note to all, we have a batch of 13t motors that will be finishing this week. most backorders are this particular motor. We have also started a new way of organizing dangling orders or services to prevent me forgetting what or when the work should be done. After about 20 some odd floating jobs I started losing my mind, so now we have a new record system to help ensure we don't rely on just my memory any longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque87 View Post
I was reading that order 7930 shipped today. Mine being 7931 I am assuming it shipped as well?
Yours is backordered, I expect to finish it all up within about a week. We just didn't have enough 13t motors to go around and fill all the backorders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman View Post
John, super fast turn around on my BRXL!! Thanks so much! That's one reason I continue to buy and use your products, great customer service!!
I'm doing my best right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowshoe View Post
When will you have more of the Holmes Hobbies decals in stock?
we have stickers here, just no vinyl masks at the moment. Site is updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
Just wanting to check status of order # 7893
should be about a week, you have a 13t too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrinner4ever View Post
Hey John,
I'm looking to send in a few motors to you. I was wondering if I just send them in or "buy" the service off your website? I have a cobalt puller 7T, Venom 19T double and Mag Mayhem I'd like you to take a look at. Do you service all motors or only what you sell? Thanks in advance!
it is best to buy the service from my site so I can track it easily. Without an invoice it has become difficult for me to track work, just to much coming in and out. I can service any motor, that is no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
Hey John can you check up on my BRXL and motor and get back to me?
You are at the front of the mail stack now. I will go through emails and see if there are details about the combo. Otherwise I am just going to check out how it works and fix it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJK View Post
hey john i still havent heard back from you about my motor my email is nk96795@yahoo.com and my name is Noah kassebeer. i sent you the payment for the motor already im just waiting from a responss from you.
Got your motor scheduled for building, I will ensure it gets done within 48 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madazz View Post
any news on whether my order #7992 shipped yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock_Diggn_Don View Post
John i have been trying to reach you about my error on my order 8006, i didn`t change from the default wind of 27 i need to change that to 45t please, i hope you get this in time my order status is still in process,and i have your br xl esc in my wish list how soon wil it be in stock .

Thanks

these are going in my axial xr10 biuld
Looking like I didn't catch it in time. If you want to return them for an exchange, just send them back with "exchange" on the outside of the box and I will bounce out the correct wind for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjoleen0908 View Post
Hey John...I was just inquiring on the status of my order... Order id: #8008...I was wondering if there was a back order or if I need to pay more... with the Holiday season I understand if it takes longer...just a little update as to what the status is would be nice...thanks again
Already shipped, just took a few extra days with the holiday volumes of orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja turtle View Post
i could go for an update too. order number 7924. thanks.
Got yours in process now. My apologies for taking a while on it, we should have had it in stock on the shelf but it was not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
ditto. my order # is 7811.

been over a month now. im plenty patient just like to know status since the website shows my order is completed.
Well that shouldn't have been marked as completed yet. But, I'm looking at the parts to ship it out today. And we will do so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Crab View Post
I would also like to place an order for a Combo as I have seen first hand just how good these are But I am unsure IF they are in stock or not????????
Sport and Expert combos are no problem, we have all the parts here. Pro combos may take a bit depending on the wind you select. I have a good stock of 35 and 45t motors ready to go. Other custom winds will take two weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0l View Post
Hi John,

Order 7900 was shorted a hat. Are they on backorder or shipping seperate or something? No explanation on the packing list so I wanted to inquire.

Thanks

-Aaron
Thats my bad, you need a refund on the hat. Either our site inventory was way off or I lost a box of hats when I moved the biz. Either way we don't have the hats here so I'm sending a refund your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazris View Post
i could use some help i am buildin a custom crawler i am using the berg/newage axles also using 2 tekin 13.5t motors is there a(n) esc to go with this setup i am using a futaba 4PKS radio any help would be great
You shall need dual ESCs. I would recommend the Mamba Max Pro ESCs. Maybe even the one cell version so you don't have to mess with BECs and the larger case of the regular version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrty View Post
I have a 16t crawlmaster that has 5 or 6 1300mah pack through it.

The motor has a "dead spot" in it. It will work until it comes to a stop and wont start working again until it gets physically bumped or moved then it fires right up.

Ax10
FXR
castle BEC
16t crawlmaster (13p 87s)
ugc fastback
1300mah HH 3s batteries
3pmx rx/tx

Suggestions on what I can or should to to fix it?

Thanks, durrty
Sounds like either a dead segment or a dirty motor. Do you have resources to cut the comm? I can take a look at it otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidubic View Post
My order #7987 just went from Processed to Backordered. Ah well, what can you do? I cannot wait to try the HH ESC and motor combo out. They have a lot of hype from this forum to live up to.
Yes, my apologies on that. Just too many 13t motors were ordered and I didn't respond quick enough to get them made in an orderly time. I will do my best to prevent this past month's waiting time from happening again!
Old 12-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #3195
Quarry Creeper

I ordered a set of 35t TorqueMaster Expert's. I am pretty excited to get away from my Novak's. Hopefully i will be seeing them soon.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #3196
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Yes, my apologies on that.
No apologies needed. It is Christmas and your motors are popular. I am just super excited to finally be getting an HH motor. Don't have the Wraith it is going in yet so not like I can do anything with it except drool over it.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #3197
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the update. I am looking forward for the products, I have heard nothing but great things about you and your shop.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #3198
Pebble Pounder

Hey John, any idea when you'll have BR-XL's back in stock? My stocker just died so now's a perfect time to add your ESC to complement the Crawlmaster in my Wraith.

Thanks!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #3199
Quarry Creeper

Sorry John but you forgot to reply to me. I got your email last week about my adress but nothing after that
Old 12-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #3200
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque87 View Post
Thanks for the update. I am looking forward for the products, I have heard nothing but great things about you and your shop.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlandrc View Post
Hey John, any idea when you'll have BR-XL's back in stock? My stocker just died so now's a perfect time to add your ESC to complement the Crawlmaster in my Wraith.

Thanks!!!
I have about 50 in stock right now. Next batch is coming in January, so if you want one get it now. I won't have enough inventory to last until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madazz View Post
Sorry John but you forgot to reply to me. I got your email last week about my adress but nothing after that
Righto, I got the return email. We will get it taken care of.
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM