Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #3381
RCC Addict

Default Re: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

1st comp run. Submerged motor, then when I got home I found the "diff" gear in the tranny had the 3 screws nearly come apart (Wraith.)
It may have bound but it still runs just gets smokey quick. Can I clean the com & hope? I assume if a wire on the rotor burned it would not run.

Thank you very much for your info.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #3382
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Get the comm cut and put in some new brushes. Don't use sandpaper on it!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #3383
RCC Addict

Thank you!
When my budget alows I will be placing an order with you.
This kind of customer care (I have yet to become a customer) is a great!
Your reputation & care have earned my buisness!
Old 11-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #3384
Quarry Creeper

Hi John,

Bought used Crawlmasters here but can't figure out the timing on them. The mark on the can is lined with the most right mark on the endbell.

Thanks,
Heido
Old 11-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #3385
Quarry Creeper

Hey John sorry to bother you about this again, did you look into making a larger motor for a traxxas summit, and would it be doable? Also what is your thoughts on using a br-xl in a summit? Would the br-xl handle 4s with the stock Titan motor? I did a search and did not find a definite answer on it, so my apologizes if this has been asked before. Thank you, Mike.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #3386
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heido View Post
Hi John,

Bought used Crawlmasters here but can't figure out the timing on them. The mark on the can is lined with the most right mark on the endbell.

Thanks,
Heido
Do you need a pic or something? Just want to be sure not to hurt my electronics

Thanks.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #3387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heido View Post
Hi John,

Thanks,
Heido
It sounds like zero timing, but a pic would ensure.

Zero:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllllO Fanatic View Post
Hey John sorry to bother you about this again, did you look into making a larger motor for a traxxas summit, and would it be doable? Also what is your thoughts on using a br-xl in a summit? Would the br-xl handle 4s with the stock Titan motor? I did a search and did not find a definite answer on it, so my apologizes if this has been asked before. Thank you, Mike.
I haven't found any decent platforms for the Summit yet. We haven't tested the BRXL in the summit and do not have plans for it. If you wanted to pick a unit up, we could give you an incentive for testing and reporting back your findings. If the ESC did not work with the stock motor and specific gearing then I would gladly refund the purchase.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #3388
Quarry Creeper

Thanks John.
That exactly how the marks are aligned
What timing would you suggest for a comp Berg (Crawlmaster 20T and Mamba Micro Pro)?
Old 11-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #3389

Zero is fine, but 6 degrees advance is better for motor life. The rear motor will be advanced in the opposite direction, you can read over the ways to time a motor here 540 Brushed Motor Care, Installation, and Troubleshoot | The Search for Power
Old 11-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #3390
RCC Addict

Dear HH.
I currently own a BRXL which I use in my ScX10. I also use a CC BEC with Savox servo and an Integy 35t brushed motor. Run on either 2s or 3s LiPos.

Was having a trail day on Sunday and for some odd reason it just stopped working. I was still getting signal to servo as well as the lights on the ESC were blinking green when throttle forward and red when throttle reverse. Just no power being sent to motor. I tried 3 different receivers and 2 other motors with all the same actions. The ESC wasn't beeping either to arm. I drove it for 2 minutes and it was fine then put my controller down to take some pics. When i came back nothing was working.

Im not looking for anything for free. This ESC has been from hell ame back more than a few times. Just curious if there is any advice u might have or if I can send it in to you to look at. Thanks foe your time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (Phablet)
Old 11-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #3391

Sounds like the ESC could be dead, or your battery isn't charged enough to power the ESC. Don't laugh, I have done that before and spent an hour figuring it out! You can check out the warranty/ repair procedure at holmeshobbies.com/blog. If you have a castle link you may also try reflashing the firmware.

In the case it is out of warranty and needs replacement we offer a trade in service for a new ESC at discounted price.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #3392
RCC Addict

Thank you. When I get home I will check the things you said. Thanks for the quick reply.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #3393
Rock Crawler

John, when do you expect the CC BEC to be back in stock?
Thanks bud.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #3394

Should have em, I'll have my inventory manager update the site.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #3395
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I haven't found any decent platforms for the Summit yet. We haven't tested the BRXL in the summit and do not have plans for it. If you wanted to pick a unit up, we could give you an incentive for testing and reporting back your findings. If the ESC did not work with the stock motor and specific gearing then I would gladly refund the purchase.
I have a br-xl here at the house, but it was for a different project. I will go ahead and toss it in, and if it does well... or dies, but I don't believe it will, I will order another. I believe I have 4 or 5 of them already in different vehicles (best ESC ever). On a side not: I have not ordered them through your site (I believe amain hobbies), and I would like to, as I am in the Air Force and am stationed in Okinawa. In the drop down box for state I need to put AP for armed pacific, and that is not an option. If I put CA in the state, and then in the notes area put my full address to be shipped to, could I then place an order or will the shipping be off? As far an incentive I'd say your supurb customer service and excellent products are good enough incentive for myself. Thank you for the offer. I have a thread in the summit section I will put a link to it after I do the swap and put up a quick review of the results, unless you have a better idea that you would like me to do.
Thank you,
Mike.

Last edited by OllllO Fanatic; 11-26-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #3396
Quarry Creeper

I swapped out the evx2 for your BR-XL already and from the start it seems pretty good. If you have the time give me a list of things you would like me to check and I will accomplish them the best I can. Also on my build thread there is another user, he/she says they are using the BR-XL with dewalt 14.4v motor, and 5s and it works great for them. So if there is anything specific that you would like me, or probably even the other person to do let me know and I myself will do it, and ask him/ her if they wouldn't mind as well. Again thank you for your time and your help.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #3397
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Should have em, I'll have my inventory manager update the site.
Thanks John!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #3398
RCC Addict

Well i tried everything I could think of from batteries to different receivers to re-soldering all plugs to different motors. Just will no arm its self and give throttle power to motor. So I'll be sending it in here shortly. Thanks HH.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #3399
Rock Crawler

deleted double post....

Last edited by BadWagon; 11-27-2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: stupid double post...
Old 11-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #3400

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllllO Fanatic View Post
I swapped out the evx2 for your BR-XL already and from the start it seems pretty good. If you have the time give me a list of things you would like me to check and I will accomplish them the best I can. Also on my build thread there is another user, he/she says they are using the BR-XL with dewalt 14.4v motor, and 5s and it works great for them. So if there is anything specific that you would like me, or probably even the other person to do let me know and I myself will do it, and ask him/ her if they wouldn't mind as well. Again thank you for your time and your help.
Other than checking the heat and making a note of the gearing, there isn't anything specific. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
Well i tried everything I could think of from batteries to different receivers to re-soldering all plugs to different motors. Just will no arm its self and give throttle power to motor. So I'll be sending it in here shortly. Thanks HH.

Did you adjust your neutral point? That is the only reason that the ESC won't arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWagon View Post
Thanks John!
You bet!
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM