Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #3401
Rock Crawler

Default Re: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Hey John,

when you have a chance would you give me an ETA on Order #10435 please. Also as a heads up you throw Order# 10470 in with #10435. No reason to ship one and then the other when you can put 'em together.

I know your sick and running a bit behind. No biggie, just trying to get my timeline together.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #3402
I'm HUGE in Japan!

John- Hey Dustin from homeless hobs here, Got a brxl non WP that I picked up earlier this year and it's got a studder..lol At rest the motor studders and when you give the pinion a twist in either direction on the motor it makes a loud magnetic noise and then turns fairly easily.
I've tried the esc with several motors and get the same result. I have 6 of the non wp and 3 of the wp in my rigs currently and for the past 2 years and have never had this issue. any insight? maybe a quick fix?
Old 11-30-2012, 04:00 AM   #3403
RCC Addict

John.

I have the 13t crawl master (love it) in one of my Jk's thats about 6lbs and up, I dont remember the gearing but it goes and crawls pretty good on a 2100 3s.

I also have a 6lbs and up rig running on wraith drivetrain, I have a pro4 4000 and a RS-Pro in it with 54/11 gearing with no timing, I run it on a 4000 3s. As you know it halls ass and has two much power . It doesent have a good drag brake etc as you know. I want to know what you would put in to it that would be somewhat desent for cralwing and some speed. My tires are about 5.25'' tall. I have 2 new BRXl's already if you tell me to use one of them. I will play in a little mud and a little water sometimes. I've been reading Harlys stuff, other peoples set ups and your posts..... my head
is swiming LOL....I will crawl it more than playing in the mud and water and I will not submurge my stuff!!

What esc? I have FXR's, RS-Pros, BRXLs and MMP's but I dont really like them.
What motor?
What gearing?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by The Doc; 11-30-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #3404
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWagon View Post
Hey John,

when you have a chance would you give me an ETA on Order #10435 please. Also as a heads up you throw Order# 10470 in with #10435. No reason to ship one and then the other when you can put 'em together.

I know your sick and running a bit behind. No biggie, just trying to get my timeline together.
The arm is going in to the resin batch shortly and will be shippable today or tomorrow depending on how well I can time today's work. #470 already shipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleDustin View Post
John- Hey Dustin from homeless hobs here, Got a brxl non WP that I picked up earlier this year and it's got a studder..lol At rest the motor studders and when you give the pinion a twist in either direction on the motor it makes a loud magnetic noise and then turns fairly easily.
I've tried the esc with several motors and get the same result. I have 6 of the non wp and 3 of the wp in my rigs currently and for the past 2 years and have never had this issue. any insight? maybe a quick fix?
Have you tried reflashing the firmware on the ESC or reprogramming the throttle endpoints? If that doesn't work, time for me to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
John.

I have the 13t crawl master (love it) in one of my Jk's thats about 6lbs and up, I dont remember the gearing but it goes and crawls pretty good on a 2100 3s.

I also have a 6lbs and up rig running on wraith drivetrain, I have a pro4 4000 and a RS-Pro in it with 54/11 gearing with no timing, I run it on a 4000 3s. As you know it halls ass and has two much power . It doesent have a good drag brake etc as you know. I want to know what you would put in to it that would be somewhat desent for cralwing and some speed. My tires are about 5.25'' tall. I have 2 new BRXl's already if you tell me to use one of them. I will play in a little mud and a little water sometimes. I've been reading Harlys stuff, other peoples set ups and your posts..... my head
is swiming LOL....I will crawl it more than playing in the mud and water and I will not submurge my stuff!!

What esc? I have FXR's, RS-Pros, BRXLs and MMP's but I dont really like them.
What motor?
What gearing?

Thanks for your time.
If you are looking for a crawling solution, a 35t TorqueMaster would get your drag brake. Combined with the BRXL you could have enough drag to hold the rig by the tires. You could go as fast as 27t. I would recommend very low gearing, 15/84 or equivalent.

If you want something with more longevity, then a 17.5 tekin Redline would be my choice for crawling and 13.5 for a mix of crawling and bashing. You wouldn't have the drag brake, but the system would need zero care.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #3405
RCC Addict

If you are looking for a crawling solution, a 35t TorqueMaster would get your drag brake. Combined with the BRXL you could have enough drag to hold the rig by the tires. You could go as fast as 27t. I would recommend very low gearing, 15/84 or equivalent.

If you want something with more longevity, then a 17.5 tekin Redline would be my choice for crawling and 13.5 for a mix of crawling and bashing. You wouldn't have the drag brake, but the system would need zero care.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the Torque Master Pro, you have more than one. Do you have it in stock and how fast would it ship to LA, Cal.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #3406

Any version, just go with your budget. 35t Pro motors we are winding to order right now, Expert and Sport are ready to ship.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #3407
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Any version, just go with your budget. 35t Pro motors we are winding to order right now, Expert and Sport are ready to ship.
Expert is 35t 1450 rpm. says only 1, is that one there?
Pro is 35t 1565 rpm

Should I go Pro for the little more speed?

How long before you can ship the Pros.

Thanks.

Last edited by The Doc; 11-30-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #3408
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The arm is going in to the resin batch shortly and will be shippable today or tomorrow depending on how well I can time today's work. #470 already shipped.
SWING! That's killer. My Wraith is coming together quickly. Thank so much bud. I hope you're feeling better.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #3409

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
Expert is 35t 1450 rpm. says only 1, is that one there?
Pro is 35t 1565 rpm

Should I go Pro for the little more speed?

How long before you can ship the Pros.

Thanks.
I see more in stock than that, you should too. If you want wheelspeed go with a 27t. The difference between Pro and Expert versions is not much.

Quote:
SWING! That's killer. My Wraith is coming together quickly. Thank so much bud. I hope you're feeling better.
Just glad to be back in the office and making motors! It kinda sucks when there are 4 people in the world that can do a certain task, there isn't always enough time or labor to ask for help.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #3410
RCC Addict

[QUOTE=JohnRobHolmes;4040075]I see more in stock than that, you should too. If you want wheelspeed go with a 27t. The difference between Pro and Expert versions is not much.

Don't get me wrong....I just wanted to know between the 2 motors which one to get, thats all. You said that the 35t will run kinda like a 27t, than I think I'll get the Expert 35t one. Do you ship on saturdays or only M/F. Your saying this motor will be faster than my 13t craw master correct? Sorry for all the questions, just making sure I get the right motor.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #3411
Quarry Creeper

Mr. Holmes,

I would really appreciate your advice if you have time. You have said before that potting epoxy is a good way to waterproof ESCs. I have recently picked up this product: Optically Clear Epoxy | MG Chemicals

Do you think this will work alright?

Can you give me any advice on how to prep/apply it and avoiding bubbles?

Thank you for your time sir. You have been more help than you probably know with your write-ups and knowledge on the forums here.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #3412
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Heads up, Brushed motor pricing going up.

I was unsure where to post this... Will you kindly suggest which motor would be most recommended for a Scx10 1.9 scaler running the stock AE-2 esc and a 2200/45c 3s Lipo. 70% rock crawling 30% trail give or take... no need for high speed.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #3413
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

Sent an email on Friday to the sales account, did you receive it? I'd like to get this squared away asap. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #3414
Rock Crawler

John, my orders showed up today. Thanks again bud. Now I just gotta wire all this together and hope I don't smoke anything.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #3415
Rock Crawler

hey JRH, this is kind of a dumbass question, but if using the HH RX Bypass Adapter the red wire doesn't have to be removed from the BR-XL. Is that correct?

Thanks bud.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:42 AM   #3416

I wasn't getting updates on this thread again, really strange.

[QUOTE=The Doc;4040276]
Quote:
I see more in stock than that, you should too. If you want wheelspeed go with a 27t. The difference between Pro and Expert versions is not much.

Don't get me wrong....I just wanted to know between the 2 motors which one to get, thats all. You said that the 35t will run kinda like a 27t, than I think I'll get the Expert 35t one. Do you ship on saturdays or only M/F. Your saying this motor will be faster than my 13t craw master correct? Sorry for all the questions, just making sure I get the right motor.
If you want more speed than the 13t CM, get a 27t TorqueMaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibbs View Post
Mr. Holmes,

I would really appreciate your advice if you have time. You have said before that potting epoxy is a good way to waterproof ESCs. I have recently picked up this product: Optically Clear Epoxy | MG Chemicals

Do you think this will work alright?

Can you give me any advice on how to prep/apply it and avoiding bubbles?

Thank you for your time sir. You have been more help than you probably know with your write-ups and knowledge on the forums here.
That will be excellent if your biggest goal is having LEDs inside. If you want something for PCB protection then a nylon version would be better suited, like this Translucent Epoxy | MG Chemicals

To remove bubbles you need a vac chamber, but if you mix carefully it will have a minimum amount in the mixed resin. Use a syringe to take a usable amount out of your mix pot, and you can pull on the plunger to create vacuum enough to pop most bubbles. Be sure that the resin is at least room temp, it is a royal pain to work with below 75f. Otherwise just go slow and don't make a mess. Parchment paper is good to work over, the resin won't stick to it. I have glued many a ESC to my work table

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodiBuilt View Post
I was unsure where to post this... Will you kindly suggest which motor would be most recommended for a Scx10 1.9 scaler running the stock AE-2 esc and a 2200/45c 3s Lipo. 70% rock crawling 30% trail give or take... no need for high speed.

Thanks in advance
Either a TrailMaster motor, or a 35t TorqueMaster would be my choice. Gear it really low and take advantage of great torque and drag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijuan View Post
Sent an email on Friday to the sales account, did you receive it? I'd like to get this squared away asap. Thanks.
Not sure, if you didn't get a response yet then send another please.

Quote:
hey JRH, this is kind of a dumbass question, but if using the HH RX Bypass Adapter the red wire doesn't have to be removed from the BR-XL. Is that correct?

Thanks bud.
Correct!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #3417
Rock Crawler

Thanks John. That's what I thought, just wanted to double check.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:01 AM   #3418
I'm HUGE in Japan!

Got a few esc's I'm needing to send in and get WP'd .. 1 of them needs the rx wire replaced but I cannot find any labor option for that in the HH store.

what to do?

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:06 AM   #3419

We have a $1 labor/ shipping product on my site, service and labor section. To be safe you can add $10 for the rework, just put details of what you want done.

If the ESCs are dirty there will be a cleaning fee, so feel free to take them apart and knock off all dirt and dust with a toothbrush and mild solvent like rubbing alcohol.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #3420
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

OK I sent it to sales for sure.
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM