Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 02:16 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

hey John,

I hope you can help me. I did a savage brushless conversion with a bk 9920 and a feigao 7xl motor. I am running the mechanical brakes with this set up. The problem is that I can not get the 9920 esc to work with the y-harness going to the servo for the brakes. Have you used these speed controls before?

Also I was wondering if the mamba max would be able to handle the y-harness and the feigao 7xl? Also how many cells can the mamba max handle?
Thanks for your time and any help you can offer,
Sam
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2007, 03:50 AM   #22
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorji View Post
hey John,

I hope you can help me. I did a savage brushless conversion with a bk 9920 and a feigao 7xl motor. I am running the mechanical brakes with this set up. The problem is that I can not get the 9920 esc to work with the y-harness going to the servo for the brakes. Have you used these speed controls before?

Also I was wondering if the mamba max would be able to handle the y-harness and the feigao 7xl? Also how many cells can the mamba max handle?
Sam
sam,
the mamba max can handle pretty much anything you can throw at it.i heard that thing can run with constant 100amp loads and i wanna say its good to well above 14.4 volts. might get hot though. Also did you ever con sider mixing your thrird channel? then you can set up you r mechanical brake w/ delay so you can disable the brake and reverse. it doe however mattre what kind of control you use, it has to have a 3rd channel mixing function. hope this helps. John i dont remember what all of the specs are for running brushless/lipo. so you should be able to help with this matter.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:38 PM   #23

Default Sir Holmes.

When will the 6cell saddles be available again. Need another pack ASAP. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:47 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Kila,
I got it connected to my hitec crx right now but maybe I'll try it out on the dx6 and see if that works.
If not, then it's gonna get a Mamba Max
Old 11-02-2007, 12:15 AM   #25
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

if you wanna try a dx3 to see how it works you can borrow mine.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:24 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Thanks JRH, cant wait to get the wheels spinning
Old 11-02-2007, 06:37 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

John, I am building GC-1 with an R2D tranny. What motor and esc combo do you suggest? Also I want a tg5955 servo.Do I need a programmer for it? I hope not. I'm gonna be using lipo batteries if that matters. XOXO
Old 11-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #28
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorji View Post
hey John,

Sam
I haven't used the speed controller before, but you should not have a problem with the ESC hooked into a Y harness. I would double check the polarity and make sure everything is plugged in properly.

The mamba max could handle that setup, 12-14 cells max. You would need to get a RX pack or external BEC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_version View Post
sam,
the mamba max can handle pretty much anything you can throw at it.i heard that thing can run with constant 100amp loads and i wanna say its good to well above 14.4 volts. might get hot though. Also did you ever con sider mixing your thrird channel? then you can set up you r mechanical brake w/ delay so you can disable the brake and reverse. it doe however mattre what kind of control you use, it has to have a 3rd channel mixing function. hope this helps. John i dont remember what all of the specs are for running brushless/lipo. so you should be able to help with this matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipilot View Post
When will the 6cell saddles be available again. Need another pack ASAP. Thanks.

Im not sure if the cells have gotten through customs yet, I will update the thread as soon as I get a solid date on it.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCRAWLER417 View Post
John, I am building GC-1 with an R2D tranny. What motor and esc combo do you suggest? Also I want a tg5955 servo.Do I need a programmer for it? I hope not. I'm gonna be using lipo batteries if that matters. XOXO

A 55t motor or crawlmaster would work well, with the mamba max ESC. You dont need a programmer for the robot servo, but you will need to a radio with endpoint adjustment.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:31 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

The 8 cell 2/3a saddle pack arrived today and it looks great!
I want to it perform to its fullest potential with my current charger, which is a Wattage something Sport. I read that the pack should be charged at around 0.1 amp for the first few charges. The problem is my charger charges at a minimum of 1 amp on the NiMh setting, BUT it charges at .1 amp (the A is italicized, so im not sure if its amps, but what else could it be?) on the lowest Lithium setting.
So, what I'm wondering is if i can charge the pack on the Lithium setting, or if it will get damaged.:?
Old 11-02-2007, 03:41 PM   #31

It wont charge properly on a lithium setting. 1 amp will be ok. You could also trickle charge it if that is an option.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Sweet, thanks for the fast response!
Old 11-02-2007, 07:29 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Smile Need instuctions

I received my kool becs yesterday . I need some instuctions on how to hook them up. Also one of the packs was open and the two wire pigtail was missing.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

John, Whats the difference between the 5955tg geared and the 5955tg robot servo's . apparently i bought a nomadio sensor last night. I hope that radio will work
Old 11-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #35
RCC Addict

when i bought my tq3 my antenna was was wrapped up on a piece of plastic with supper glue holding it on and some of the wire has been some what stripped on the outside.
would it be possible to cut it and add some wire?

this is what it looks like. these pics are kinda big so iam gonna put in links.
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7018862
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7018860
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7018861
Old 11-05-2007, 09:07 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratterd View Post
I received my kool becs yesterday . I need some instuctions on how to hook them up. Also one of the packs was open and the two wire pigtail was missing.
The ESC plugs into the female RX plug, the male rx plug goes into the receiver. Plug in the BEC to the battery and the rig will turn on. You don't need the two wire pigtail by any means, but I can send you one from the next batch if you want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCRAWLER417 View Post
John, Whats the difference between the 5955tg geared and the 5955tg robot servo's . apparently i bought a nomadio sensor last night. I hope that radio will work
Those would be the same servo, your radio will work very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkranwinkle@cableone.net View Post
when i bought my tq3 my antenna was was wrapped up on a piece of plastic with supper glue holding it on and some of the wire has been some what stripped on the outside.
would it be possible to cut it and add some wire?

this is what it looks like. these pics are kinda big so iam gonna put in links.
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7018862
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7018860
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7018861
As long as you keep the wire the same length you are ok. You could also just re insulate the wire with shrinkwrap.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:02 PM   #37
RCC Addict

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
it finally broke off today. how long is a antenna wire?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:03 PM   #38

Dont know. It would be cheaper to just get a new RX, if you include your time to resolder and find a new antenna. Any 27mhz am antenna should work though.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:07 PM   #39
RCC Addict

so no normal small wire would work?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:29 PM   #40

A small 22awg wire could possibly work, but Im really not up to snuff on tuning radios to the antenna. I have always just bought what the company recommended or sold as a replacement.
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM