RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Holmes Hobbies (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/)
-   -   (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/89829-hh-tech-questions-customer-support-thread.html)

Kranberry 11-10-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 916108)
The cool bec is great for the money, but the Castle BEC has more features and power. Both will probably make your servo stronger unless you are running a novak crawler product.

right on i should be ordering one soon"thumbsup"

Renslipevol 11-11-2007 09:43 AM

low speed cogging

Hey John, I was just wondering if you have any suggestions about my setup. I have an AX10, 3cell lipo, revolver black, mamba max, 96tooth/12t setup. At low speed/throttle input i have some cogging (not sure if thats the correct term). But it hunts around a bit, and i have to increase the throttle slightly to get it to move forward.

dgullickson 11-11-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER (Post 915691)
does axiom still make 35T motors? they aren't listed on their website, and that's what i am looking for for my scaler i am building

Yes, we do.. However if its not in stock we remove from the site till they are back in stock to prevent anyone ordering and creating long awaited back orders which has happened many times in the past.

JohnRobHolmes 11-11-2007 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4u2nv (Post 916997)
I'd like to get a brushless setup for a scale mud/trail truck I'm working on. It is a MFM chassis with Pede tranny, TLT axles and 2.2 wheels and tires. What would you suggest that has some speed to it and is capable of some climbing.

Do you have a budget? If you are going to get in the mud I would honestly say keep away from expensive outrunners. You could get a GWS outrunner and get good wheelspeed with a 3 cell lipo or equivalent nimh. Otherwise get a cheap can brushed motor and run it till it dies.

JohnRobHolmes 11-11-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renslipevol (Post 917769)
Hey John, I was just wondering if you have any suggestions about my setup. I have an AX10, 3cell lipo, revolver black, mamba max, 96tooth/12t setup. At low speed/throttle input i have some cogging (not sure if thats the correct term). But it hunts around a bit, and i have to increase the throttle slightly to get it to move forward.

It is the lowest speed in the throttle range you are sitting at. If it isn't slow enough for your tastes you will either need to use a quark ESC, get an r2 tranny for more geardown, or use a brushed motor. Outrunners have a minimum speed they can rotate, and you are hunting around at the slowest speed.

Shaun (yota) 11-12-2007 09:58 AM

Just whated to know when you are going to get more power supplys in stock

LumTheMad 11-12-2007 06:32 PM

Hi JRH-
Question- useing a castle bec set at 6V, will this over power the reciever? I see people try up to 7V for there servos, is this what the reciever gets too, or does the reciever have a regulator of its own?
Oh the reciever in question would be a AR6000, BR6000, M25, MM, or TQ3. I don't see what keeps the reciever from frying.
I was a little disapointed to read all the instructions and warnings on the CC BEC card and at the end on the bottom it reads that I shouldn't eat it, huh, well there goes that idea.:roll:

tsaun987 11-14-2007 01:31 PM

Is a 11.5" track width too wide to do well in comps?

JohnRobHolmes 11-14-2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (yota) (Post 918910)
Just whated to know when you are going to get more power supplys in stock

I probably wont, I got those in on a clearance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocjeeper (Post 919550)
Hi JRH-
Question- useing a castle bec set at 6V, will this over power the reciever? I see people try up to 7V for there servos, is this what the reciever gets too, or does the reciever have a regulator of its own?
Oh the reciever in question would be a AR6000, BR6000, M25, MM, or TQ3. I don't see what keeps the reciever from frying.
I was a little disapointed to read all the instructions and warnings on the CC BEC card and at the end on the bottom it reads that I shouldn't eat it, huh, well there goes that idea.:roll:

6v sounds fine to me. I have run 7 directly through an ar6000, nothing frys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsaun987 (Post 921781)
Is a 11.5" track width too wide to do well in comps?

Depends on the location of course, but I wouldn't run mine quite so wide. My 2.2 is at 10.25 I think.

yotachump 11-16-2007 08:00 AM

JRH, is the Castle Creations software for the Mamba Max is the same for the Castle Creations BEC, or do i need to buy the another Castle Link software?
Thanks
-Anthony

JohnRobHolmes 11-16-2007 08:18 AM

The software is the same, you will need a castle link to program the BEC. It is a little electronic doodad that goes after the USB cable and before the BEC.

yotachump 11-16-2007 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 924125)
The software is the same, you will need a castle link to program the BEC. It is a little electronic doodad that goes after the USB cable and before the BEC.

thanks, that answers that.now i was looking in buying the CC BEC from you. whats the (genuine inline deans power plug) is that the plug in the picture on the bottom of this page.http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...&cat=13&page=1

JohnRobHolmes 11-16-2007 08:45 AM

Yes, that is what the deans inline plug would look like.

yotachump 11-16-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 924158)
Yes, that is what the deans inline plug would look like.

do you think thats the easy way to hook it up?

JohnRobHolmes 11-16-2007 08:48 AM

Yes, just plug it between the ESC and battery. You can also switch it from vehicle to vehicle that way.

Wrecker 11-16-2007 11:40 AM

Hey John,
So I built some 10 cell 2/3a intelect 1400 saddle packs and I'm charging them for the first time at .2 amps. I'm using a hyperion charger set to ni-mh. It has been charging for like 12 hours though and the capacity says over 3000mah has gone in and it's still charging. Is this normal for the first charge? Should I stop it at some point or just let it go until the charger stops it?

JohnRobHolmes 11-16-2007 11:48 AM

I have had that happen as well. The only thing I can think of is that the cells are wasting a lot of the charge as heat since they are breaking in and some cells are catching up with the rest. Go ahead and run it, then charge again at .2 amps. By the 5th charge you should have it terminate around 1400mah every time.

Wrecker 11-16-2007 11:57 AM

Cool, thanks.
Although the cells have been at about room temp for most of the charge, which it thought was kinda wierd. I'll just let it go then."thumbsup"

JohnRobHolmes 11-16-2007 12:00 PM

So you know what your mv sensitivity is set to?

Wrecker 11-16-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 924353)
So you know what your mv sensitivity is set to?

No idea.
What ever it came stock from you with.
What should it be?