Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 05:39 PM   #941
Rock Stacker

hello recently i bought 2 of your crawlmaster motors one 850kv crawlmaster and one 1000kv crawlmaster sport, i installed the 850kv on my ax10 rtr with a mamba max esc and a cc bec. after i installed it i tested it and it sqeals and has no power any time i put it under load it just squeals and lugs like power is on and off. i was wondering what if any advice you could give me.:-(
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2008, 06:59 PM   #942
Quarry Creeper

jrh looking to mount a 7t puller to an rc4wd 2 speed ... need the motor plate so i dont have to drill out the tranny could not find it on your site .... what pinion do u suggest ... 3s lipo . sidewinder . thanks
Old 06-21-2008, 09:18 AM   #943
Quarry Creeper

Default Gell batt ?

JR .. A lil crawler OT, but I can't find an answer. I have a 12V 7 amp gel for a starter box. My auto charger has a gel, 2 amp mode. Will I kill the batt with this ? TIA
Old 06-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #944
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27cameron View Post
hello recently i bought 2 of your crawlmaster motors one 850kv crawlmaster and one 1000kv crawlmaster sport, i installed the 850kv on my ax10 rtr with a mamba max esc and a cc bec. after i installed it i tested it and it sqeals and has no power any time i put it under load it just squeals and lugs like power is on and off. i was wondering what if any advice you could give me.:-(
Sounds like you have the mamba set to Brushed mode.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:55 PM   #945
Pebble Pounder

john, somewheres i heard you had a pdf schematic for the microswitch dig setup for the berg crawlers. i figured it out(killing power to one motor) but i wanted the printout if its located here anywhere? thanx
Old 06-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #946
Quarry Creeper

hi john,
i got hyperion eos0606i(DC only) today. i did read the manual, but not use my charger yet. there is a charge, discarge and cycle mode in nicd/nimh modes. when i use this cycle mode? use it on all batteries or just batteries that not use for long time?
then, i had lipo battery 11.1v 1800mah with no balancer connector, is it save charging without balancer connector?
thank's
Old 06-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #947
Pebble Pounder

Default Outrunner Motor Plate

John,

I have a Revolver Outrunner, AX-10 (purchased from you), do I need the Axial Outrunner motor plate or will the stock one work. I checked the motor against the plate supplied with the kit and the holes line up but I don't know if there is some other reason for needing the other motor plate.

Thnx

Last edited by HaSharetz; 06-24-2008 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #948
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

JRH, when will you have more Side Winders in stock? I would like to order a Side Winder and BEC from you.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #949
I wanna be Dave

Hi Johnrob, i need a couple more castle voltage regulators i forgot to include in the order, any chance you put it the same shipment? pm the total for 2 of the voltage regulators.
Thanks,
Carlos
Old 06-25-2008, 11:48 AM   #950
Pebble Pounder

Default 7t puller

ive got a question? my puller just started arcing real bad at the brushes. it ran fine at the last comp then i went to turn it on to run today and it started. any idea on the cause?
Old 06-26-2008, 10:03 AM   #951
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD13 View Post
When you gonna get the Mamba Maxs in stock? I need a couple of things and I want to order them all a the same time,Mamba Max,Bec and a servo.
Waiting on the next production run, should be 3 or 4 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyboy61 View Post
battery i just received it yesterday i wanted to know what rate i should charge it at i ordered the 8.4v saddle pack . also i want to eventually get your cobalt puller 7t i have a tazer 15t will this esc work when i finally get 7t?
For future reference 1.5a is the max recommended rate. I have added it to the product page for all future orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27cameron View Post
Either the ESC is on brushed mode like Tanis suggested, or you need some better batteries. What batteries are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood330 View Post
jrh looking to mount a 7t puller to an rc4wd 2 speed ... need the motor plate so i dont have to drill out the tranny could not find it on your site .... what pinion do u suggest ... 3s lipo . sidewinder . thanks
You don't need the motor plate, the PUller will bolt right up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomobux View Post
JR .. A lil crawler OT, but I can't find an answer. I have a 12V 7 amp gel for a starter box. My auto charger has a gel, 2 amp mode. Will I kill the batt with this ? TIA
That is quite high for a lead acid. I would recommend under 1 amp. You don't want to charge much faster than 1/6 of the capacity, ss just a hair over 1 amp would be the max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREE68 View Post
john, somewheres i heard you had a pdf schematic for the microswitch dig setup for the berg crawlers. i figured it out(killing power to one motor) but i wanted the printout if its located here anywhere? thanx
Thats not me, poke around in the berg section for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deephis46 View Post
hi john,
i got hyperion eos0606i(DC only) today. i did read the manual, but not use my charger yet. there is a charge, discarge and cycle mode in nicd/nimh modes. when i use this cycle mode? use it on all batteries or just batteries that not use for long time?
then, i had lipo battery 11.1v 1800mah with no balancer connector, is it save charging without balancer connector?
thank's
Cycling batteries is useful for packs that have lost capacity. It can also bring them back into balance for nimh. You can charge a lipo with no balance connector, it just might not last as long as a pack with a balancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaSharetz View Post
John,

I have a Revolver Outrunner, AX-10 (purchased from you), do I need the Axial Outrunner motor plate or will the stock one work. I checked the motor against the plate supplied with the kit and the holes line up but I don't know if there is some other reason for needing the other motor plate.

Thnx
Nope, the Revolver bolts right up so you won't need anything different than stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
JRH, when will you have more Side Winders in stock? I would like to order a Side Winder and BEC from you.
Waiting on them now, should get a shipment within a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
Hi Johnrob, i need a couple more castle voltage regulators i forgot to include in the order, any chance you put it the same shipment? pm the total for 2 of the voltage regulators.
Thanks,
Carlos
Can do, just send $36 to my paypal addy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by necro View Post
ive got a question? my puller just started arcing real bad at the brushes. it ran fine at the last comp then i went to turn it on to run today and it started. any idea on the cause?
Arcing would be caused by the timing being negative. Check the endbell and see if it is loose. You may need to retime it.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:17 AM   #952
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post

Can do, just send $36 to my paypal addy.

Done, and thanks, lmk when it ships.
Thanks.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:52 AM   #953

NOOB Question. I would like to upgrade my battery pack not sure which way to go? 2cell 7.4 1300mah lipo or 6/8 cell saddle packs 1500mah. Would the lipo have more punch or longer run times?

Thanks for your help 65t motor sidewinder esc
Old 06-27-2008, 09:11 AM   #954

The lipo would have less runtime but more punch. It would keep a higher voltage under load as compared to the 6 cell pack. I would choose an 8 cell nimh over a lipo unless you have space to mount the two cell on your axle.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:18 AM   #955

I was thinking about mounting to the front axle. Do you offer a higher mah in the smaller size lipo.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #956

not at the moment. You could run two in parallel and stack them. Otherwise any more MAH means a longer cell right now. I am working on something with more mah, but it will take a while.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #957
Pebble Pounder

Arcing would be caused by the timing being negative. Check the endbell and see if it is loose. You may need to retime it.[/quote]

how do i retime it?
Old 06-27-2008, 11:06 AM   #958

I will probably need to take pics if you are not familiar with the procedure. Basically the brushes need to be right between the magnets if you look down the motor.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #959
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I will probably need to take pics if you are not familiar with the procedure. Basically the brushes need to be right between the magnets if you look down the motor.
Pictures would be a lot of help since im kinda oblivous to how to do it.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:15 AM   #960

Will do, I will message you with the thread/ link when I get it done. Probably this evening, I know you want to get running as fast as possible.
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM