Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 11:20 AM   #961
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Will do, I will message you with the thread/ link when I get it done. Probably this evening, I know you want to get running as fast as possible.
ok thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #962
Quarry Creeper

I just placed a preorder for your 7turn cobalt, and was wondering what is the biggest lipo I can power it with? Mamba max w/ cc bec. I'm planning on using it in my rock racer. Can I go 4s lipo, or is 3s the most?

I also need new brushes for my 10t cobalt, and would like to go ahead and buy a couple extras as well man.

Last edited by tsaun987; 07-10-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:37 PM   #963
I wanna be Dave

John,

I've got one of your 7t cobalt pullers in my rig, and I absolutely love it. Worth every penny (although before ordering I was questioning if it was really worth it. It is!). Anyways, I've noticed this motor tends to run fairly hot, as has been noted before, but I'm wondering how hot is too hot? I ran a couple of 8 cell NiMH 2/3A packs through the rig today. Servos (Hitec 5955TG and 225MG) and esc (MM) were barely warm, but I couldn't hold my finger more than 3 seconds (and I do a lot of brazing, so I'm fairly heat tolerant!) on the motor. Just want to confirm this is typical and I'm not doing any damage (didn't see/feel any binding).

I do run a relatively heavy rig, but nowhere near as heavy as some guys here. Also running a CC BEC set at 6.0V if that matters.

On another question, do you happen to sell any of the CC 1/10th brushless motors (looking for a 5700kv motor)? I know this is speedier than you normally deal with, but I'd rather order my next esc/motor from you, and I've got a 4WD roller begging for a go quick fix! I would have checked your website, but it seems to be down.

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2008, 07:50 PM   #964
RCC Addict

Any word on brush availability for the 7T's?
Old 06-28-2008, 09:09 PM   #965
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
John,

I've got one of your 7t cobalt pullers in my rig, and I absolutely love it. Worth every penny (although before ordering I was questioning if it was really worth it. It is!). Anyways, I've noticed this motor tends to run fairly hot, as has been noted before, but I'm wondering how hot is too hot? I ran a couple of 8 cell NiMH 2/3A packs through the rig today. Servos (Hitec 5955TG and 225MG) and esc (MM) were barely warm, but I couldn't hold my finger more than 3 seconds (and I do a lot of brazing, so I'm fairly heat tolerant!) on the motor. Just want to confirm this is typical and I'm not doing any damage (didn't see/feel any binding).

I do run a relatively heavy rig, but nowhere near as heavy as some guys here. Also running a CC BEC set at 6.0V if that matters.

On another question, do you happen to sell any of the CC 1/10th brushless motors (looking for a 5700kv motor)? I know this is speedier than you normally deal with, but I'd rather order my next esc/motor from you, and I've got a 4WD roller begging for a go quick fix! I would have checked your website, but it seems to be down.

Thanks!
Don't run it over 160*, that is what he recommends

I just checked and he has 7 of the Sidewinder/5700kv combo's in stock, and 3 of the Sidewinder/4600kv combo's in stock

Or if you want just the motor, he has 9 of each.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:50 PM   #966
Rock Crawler

I just dropped a HK-2221-12 and Sidewinder combo into my rock racer along with a 2150mah 25-30C 3S pack and a Pede tranny. What kind of gearing should I be looking at starting off with? I ran it for a minute or so last night with a 17/84 combo and the esc got a little warm but everything else stayed cool.

It seemed fast enough to keep up with Capt. Carnage the way I have it geared so far.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #967
I wanna be Dave

Hi JRH, can you pm the tracking info on my last order when it ships
Old 07-01-2008, 05:24 PM   #968
I wanna be Dave

Got my notification
Old 07-01-2008, 08:26 PM   #969
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Will do, I will message you with the thread/ link when I get it done. Probably this evening, I know you want to get running as fast as possible.
hook me up with that pic too? thanks
Old 07-02-2008, 05:51 AM   #970
Quarry Creeper

Hey JRH just curious if you got my email on your site? I didnt get a reply from the first one so I tried again. It was about a hyperion charger.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:06 PM   #971
Quarry Creeper

hey jrh i am running a ar6300 nanolite rx, 10 cell 1500 elite pack, jr8711 and a jr590 for now, and a cc bec i am confused on the wiring i am gonna wire it like this
http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...advisory1.html
but do i still pull the red wire from the esc or just leave it
Thanks for the great support
thanks
chad
Old 07-03-2008, 08:28 PM   #972

When will you have more Hyperion eos606i in stock?
Old 07-06-2008, 11:52 AM   #973
Rock Stacker

Dear John!

I'm thinking on getting a Revolver motor, but have only 6 cell sub-c packs, and as I count, the max power of the revolver is 350 watts and at 7 volts the current is approx. 50 ampers if I'm not wrong.
A normal sub-c NiMh pack can't produce that amount of current.

Please help me, what do You think?

I want to put this motor to a 1.9 rig, but from rc4wd, so it will be heavy.

Thanks
Old 07-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #974
RCC Addict

If you dont think a 10 cell can be charged by the Duratrax Visionpeak Pro please bump my order to 8 cell :(
Old 07-08-2008, 08:31 AM   #975
RCC Addict

Default Paypal

Need to remit via paypal for a order receipt #1978 -- Cobalt and BEC. Kindly advise your paypal address and confirm shipping cost. Thanks, Ed
Old 07-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #976
RCC Addict

ETA on Cobalt brushes? I would like a couple pair
Old 07-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #977
I wanna be Dave

Hey JRH, thanks for sending me the invoice, i have also have a question, i want to run my wk tuber with my hyperion 3013-14 and a sidewinder esc, can i run 3s on this combo on 90 spur and 23 pinion?
Old 07-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #978
Pebble Pounder

when are you getting more "cc sidewinders"?
Old 07-10-2008, 09:01 PM   #979
I wanna be Dave

Hey John will you have servos,motors,and speed controls for sale at nationals?
I am trying to see what all i need to shove in my carry on bag for the trip.
If you will have products there i will just pack more $$$$$ in my wallet instead of spare parts.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:56 PM   #980
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaun987 View Post
I just placed a preorder for your 7turn cobalt, and was wondering what is the biggest lipo I can power it with? Mamba max w/ cc bec. I'm planning on using it in my rock racer. Can I go 4s lipo, or is 3s the most?

I also need new brushes for my 10t cobalt, and would like to go ahead and buy a couple extras as well man.
You can run a lipo as large as you wish, but 3s is my maximum recommended voltage. I am working on getting more brushes still. I can get them, but so far it hasn't all come together yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
John,

I've got one of your 7t cobalt pullers in my rig, and I absolutely love it. Worth every penny (although before ordering I was questioning if it was really worth it. It is!). Anyways, I've noticed this motor tends to run fairly hot...

Thanks!
160*f is my recommended max, which is pretty hot for a finger. Check to make sure your rig rolls back and forth easily with the pinion taken off.

I do have the fast CC motors in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezul View Post
Any word on brush availability for the 7T's?
Read first reply please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivBlueNoma View Post
I just dropped a HK-2221-12 and Sidewinder combo into my rock racer along with a 2150mah 25-30C 3S pack and a Pede tranny. What kind of gearing should I be looking at starting off with? I ran it for a minute or so last night with a 17/84 combo and the esc got a little warm but everything else stayed cool.

It seemed fast enough to keep up with Capt. Carnage the way I have it geared so far.
You can gear as high as you want really, just keep an eye on the heat and keep everything under 150*f to 160*f for longevity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjwalt666 View Post
Hey JRH just curious if you got my email on your site? I didnt get a reply from the first one so I tried again. It was about a hyperion charger.
I may have gotten the email and missed it. Feel free to give the business line a ring if I don't reply to the email timely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAKIMA RC RACER View Post
hey jrh i am running a ar6300 nanolite rx, 10 cell 1500 elite pack, jr8711 and a jr590 for now, and a cc bec i am confused on the wiring i am gonna wire it like this
http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...advisory1.html
but do i still pull the red wire from the esc or just leave it
Thanks for the great support
thanks
chad

That will be the easiest way, and the AR6300 will take a good bit of amp draw through it so you shouldn't have any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch View Post
When will you have more Hyperion eos606i in stock?
Whenever my supplier gets more. I have 10 on backorder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low82 View Post
Dear John!

I'm thinking on getting a Revolver motor, but have only 6 cell sub-c packs, and as I count, the max power of the revolver is 350 watts and at 7 volts the current is approx. 50 ampers if I'm not wrong.
A normal sub-c NiMh pack can't produce that amount of current.

Please help me, what do You think?

I want to put this motor to a 1.9 rig, but from rc4wd, so it will be heavy.

Thanks
It will work just fine, but the startup might not be as smooth as it could be on higher voltages. Most decent nimh will burst 50 amps for short enough periods of time to start the motor up. Generally you won't be pulling more than 50 watts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy View Post
Need to remit via paypal for a order receipt #1978 -- Cobalt and BEC. Kindly advise your paypal address and confirm shipping cost. Thanks, Ed
Email dispatched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
Hey JRH, thanks for sending me the invoice, i have also have a question, i want to run my wk tuber with my hyperion 3013-14 and a sidewinder esc, can i run 3s on this combo on 90 spur and 23 pinion?
Your startup may not be very smooth geared that high, but it sounds like you want speed. The system would be fine, heat wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX climber View Post
when are you getting more "cc sidewinders"?
Castle should be making them first of next week, so whenever they get done. Backordered for almost 6 weeks now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
Hey John will you have servos,motors,and speed controls for sale at nationals?
I am trying to see what all i need to shove in my carry on bag for the trip.
If you will have products there i will just pack more $$$$$ in my wallet instead of spare parts.

I may have some spare parts for 'myself', but I won't have a booth there to sell parts since the sales license is rather expensive. Just keep an eye out for me
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM