Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #1041
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I can send to an APO. Did you follow the instructions that my site gave you when it said no shipping available?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #1042
RCC Addict

Hey John, just got home. Was wondering if you could pm me with the price and paypal for that little package for me. Sorry I never saw you at the condos, the wife had enough for the weekend. Can't wait to get it

Later
Farmer
Old 09-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #1043

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I am running 5t pullers in my berg. They fit will the lower links outboard on the mounts.
What pinion are you running in your Bergs?
Old 09-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #1044
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
What gearing and voltage are you running? Tis a smooth combo straight out of the box, maybe some binding in your drivetrain or a gearmesh issue? Possibly your radio? Have you reset your throttle endpoints?
Actually I got it now. It was so smooth I thought something was binding. . It has like a spool up when you punch the throttle. It's just different than my Goat.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #1045

John,

Thank you for the help you gave me about my order. I cannot wait to get the cobalts and put them in my Berg build .

I will let you know how it runs when I get it together.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:36 AM   #1046

Hi I got the Holmes Hobbies Sidewinder 1/10 ESC but the thing is i am bit confused thats what i am using

1. Tamiya CR-01 Stock
2. Sidewinder
3. Futaba 3pm
4. 11.1V Li-po Cell

after i calibrate the ESC on Throttle and reverse and natural when i push the throttle it responds with Jumping forward its like i am pushing in and out the throttel same on reverse Please i need help am new to Electronics'
Old 09-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #1047
Pebble Pounder

Default Aircraft Applications?

Do any of your motors have aircraft applications? I am particularly looking for an outrunner to spin a 9x6 or 10x5 direct drive prop on an 16 oz 3D aerobatic plane. Mayb the Revolver Black?

Last edited by mchester; 09-11-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:18 PM   #1048

hi im new here i was wondering what motor do you recomend for a pulling truck. it has a pretty high gear ratio and it can only run a 10 tooth pinion.

Last edited by Skeeter dewgun; 09-13-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:09 AM   #1049
Pebble Pounder

Default Sidewinder, revolver, banana's

John,

I know... the title sound like a bad Western movie but...

I have a Sidewinder and a Revolver. Apparently they each came with differ banana plugs, the Revolver has the 3.5mm and the Sidewinder has 4mm (?) and these don't fit together. I have the female bananas that you supplied with the motor.

Can I just cut the plugs off of the Sidewinder and replace them with the plugs you supplied or should I de-solder them and replace them?
Old 09-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #1050
Quarry Creeper

Hello John, at first I thought my motor/ESC choices were set in stone, Novak 55T/Rooster Crawler. After months of reading threads and following links, I am more sure than ever I was wrong. Can you help me?

I am looking for a motor/ESC combo that will give me stump pulling torque, not looking for tons of wheel speed, I have 2 brushless VXL trucks for that.

I could use an ESC that has the versatility to run brushless & brushed, I have an extra brushless VXL that needs ESC only and could swap between 2 trucks, just reprogram. I am not firm on brushed & brushless capabilities though.

Another concern I have is that I currently have no plans on running LiPo, I share the hobby with grandson and like to keep it simple. I have 4 x 6 cell 5000 Mah NiMh & 2 x 7 cell 4600 Mah NiMh (Too Much ?).

My motor/ESC combo will be used on an Axial ARTR, Spektrum DX3 and stock Z590 steering servo to start with. At this time I am leaning towards the CC Sidewinder or CC Mamba Max (overkill ?), and perhaps 7T Puller. Also wondering if your 540 Torquemaster Pro may fit the bill?

Could you give me a couple scenarios with the Puller motor combo and recomended ESC and maybe the Torquemaster Pro and recomended ESC combo. Will these choices work with my current batteries? I do plan on getting some saddle packs in the near future if you recomend.

I know this is alot to throw at you, any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #1051
Rock Crawler

Default cobalt power

Hey John, I was curious if the 454 cobalt puller will work in the losi mrc.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #1052
I wanna be Dave

mr john. can the mamba 25 be used on brushd and brshless?
Old 09-20-2008, 09:39 AM   #1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysYJLT1 View Post
What pinion are you running in your Bergs?
Stock 12t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q8 RC View Post
Hi I got the Holmes Hobbies Sidewinder 1/10 ESC but the thing is i am bit confused thats what i am using

1. Tamiya CR-01 Stock
2. Sidewinder
3. Futaba 3pm
4. 11.1V Li-po Cell

after i calibrate the ESC on Throttle and reverse and natural when i push the throttle it responds with Jumping forward its like i am pushing in and out the throttel same on reverse Please i need help am new to Electronics'
Can you give some more details of the problem? Nothing sounds out of the ordinary, and you should have pretty smooth throttle response. Have you set the ESC to brushed mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchester View Post
Do any of your motors have aircraft applications? I am particularly looking for an outrunner to spin a 9x6 or 10x5 direct drive prop on an 16 oz 3D aerobatic plane. Mayb the Revolver Black?
The scorpion motors do. How much does your plane weigh? you can use the scorpion calc to figure out what you need http://innov8tivedesigns.com/Scorpio..._Calc_v310.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter dewgun View Post
hi im new here i was wondering what motor do you recomend for a pulling truck. it has a pretty high gear ratio and it can only run a 10 tooth pinion.
What truck is it? A lot of pulling guys run really low turn mod motors, like a 9 turn on 7 cells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaSharetz View Post
John,

I know... the title sound like a bad Western movie but...

I have a Sidewinder and a Revolver. Apparently they each came with differ banana plugs, the Revolver has the 3.5mm and the Sidewinder has 4mm (?) and these don't fit together. I have the female bananas that you supplied with the motor.

Can I just cut the plugs off of the Sidewinder and replace them with the plugs you supplied or should I de-solder them and replace them?
You could cut off the old plugs from the sidewinder no problems. Personally I would change the revolver black over to 4mm plugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prostreet View Post
Hello John, at first I thought my motor/ESC choices were set in stone, Novak 55T/Rooster Crawler. After months of reading threads and following links, I am more sure than ever I was wrong. Can you help me?

I am looking for a motor/ESC combo that will give me stump pulling torque, not looking for tons of wheel speed, I have 2 brushless VXL trucks for that.

I could use an ESC that has the versatility to run brushless & brushed, I have an extra brushless VXL that needs ESC only and could swap between 2 trucks, just reprogram. I am not firm on brushed & brushless capabilities though.

Another concern I have is that I currently have no plans on running LiPo, I share the hobby with grandson and like to keep it simple. I have 4 x 6 cell 5000 Mah NiMh & 2 x 7 cell 4600 Mah NiMh (Too Much ?).

My motor/ESC combo will be used on an Axial ARTR, Spektrum DX3 and stock Z590 steering servo to start with. At this time I am leaning towards the CC Sidewinder or CC Mamba Max (overkill ?), and perhaps 7T Puller. Also wondering if your 540 Torquemaster Pro may fit the bill?

Could you give me a couple scenarios with the Puller motor combo and recomended ESC and maybe the Torquemaster Pro and recomended ESC combo. Will these choices work with my current batteries? I do plan on getting some saddle packs in the near future if you recomend.

I know this is alot to throw at you, any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve.
In a nutshell, a 55t torquemaster and mamba max may be a good selection for you. The MM will run brushed and brushless, and push your vxl as fast as you want. The 7t Puller would be a good choice, but if you don't want wheelspeed then the 55t torquemaster will be a better motor for you.

There is no such thing as too much battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carver View Post
Hey John, I was curious if the 454 cobalt puller will work in the losi mrc.
Not stock. They are pretty big motors. They aren't needed on the MRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiredunlmtd View Post
mr john. can the mamba 25 be used on brushd and brshless?

Yes it can.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:14 AM   #1054
I wanna be Dave

thanks for fast reply!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #1055
RCC Addict

Hey JRH would a HS 645 MG run on my stock AX10 electrics just wonderin
Old 09-20-2008, 12:41 PM   #1056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzbuildr View Post
Hey JRH would a HS 645 MG run on my stock AX10 electrics just wonderin
Yes, but you may experience radio cutout when the internal BEC is overloaded. An external BEC would keep that from happening.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:45 PM   #1057
Rock Crawler

Will you be stocking the Mamba Micro pro anytime soon?? I'm itching try one of them out in my Yokomo mini crawler.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #1058
RCC Addict

Thank you for your reply, if it acts up i'll be givin you a call
Old 09-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #1059
Rock Crawler

Hey John, are you still making winches? Got a scale comp coming up next Sunday and I lost my soldering iron. It's buy a new iron or a new winch at this point If not, any links to anyone with them that aren't 200 bucks? Thanks JRH! U da man!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:09 PM   #1060
Winner of the '07 RCC dumbass award!

Default Pairing on Switches

John,

Do you see any problem with pairing the on switches for the Monster and Sidewinder to one switch? Correct polarity of course.

Also, Do you have a single A123 layin around for sale?
Its time for 5 Cell man.

Thanks,
WC
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM