Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 08:27 PM   #1121
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc4x4crawler View Post
Hey John. ? about tekin fxr/45t. Is there a setting on the tekin that gets the 45t off the line quicker? It wants to spool up a little to much for my taste. Or is this just a spool up combo? Thanks

I believe you may tweak the punch in programming, but I haven't messed with mine much more than change the drag brake. Does it seem slow to you? What battery are you running?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2008, 09:28 PM   #1122
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I believe you may tweak the punch in programming, but I haven't messed with mine much more than change the drag brake. Does it seem slow to you? What battery are you running?
It's not to slow once it gets going. It's just really smooth, almost to smooth off the line to where I cant save it if I have to. I'm running an electrifly 1500 15c discharge 11.1v lipo. I know the discharge is low but is that the problem? Should I try a higher discharge battery. I'll try the punch control too though. Thanks JRH.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #1123
RCC Addict

hey JRH, do you plan on getting any 540 torquemaster armatures in stock any time soon?
Old 10-16-2008, 02:54 AM   #1124
Who's your Daddy-0!

John, I went to the site to order a Axial Slipper, says your out of stock? Just wondering because I was looking for one and you said you had a pile of the. I'm guessing that the number in stock is just wrong? If so should I just place the order and it will be fine? Thanks
Old 10-16-2008, 07:02 AM   #1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon635 View Post
hey JRH, do you plan on getting any 540 torquemaster armatures in stock any time soon?
Armatures, probably not soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
John, I went to the site to order a Axial Slipper, says your out of stock? Just wondering because I was looking for one and you said you had a pile of the. I'm guessing that the number in stock is just wrong? If so should I just place the order and it will be fine? Thanks

I just put 5 more up there, thanks for the heads up! I do have a stack of em.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #1126
Who's your Daddy-0!

Thanks John, I'll get a order in tonight
Old 10-18-2008, 03:48 AM   #1127
RCC Addict

Can the sidewinder micro handle a crawlmaster 3014, single 5955 or simular, 3cell lipo? i will use a CC voltage regulator. It will be used in a 2.2 ax-10 rig.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #1128
Rock Crawler

Hey John. i figured out what setting I was looking for to get more low end power out of the hhh 45t. The setting is curent limiter on the fxr. I had it on 1 and put it on 4 and its way better.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:48 AM   #1129

i'm really sorry if somebody has already asked this but i couldn't find a thread relating to this......
RCP hustler on DX6i.. running front steering and throttle on right stick and rear throttle and steering on the left stick. how do i set it so that the throttle (mixed) are on the left and is it possible to mix the steering (front, rear and 4 wheel) on the right stick, because all my switches (mode 1) are all 2 setting ( 0 or 1). cheers
Old 10-20-2008, 07:19 PM   #1130
Rock Stacker

Hey JRH im having some problems with my batt discharging after only 5 maybe 7 min of running. It's one of your 7 cell split pack Elite 1500's, and it has been charged and at a max of .75 A. I've also cycled this battery several times to see if it was just a conditioning issue but the problem seems to persist. I just dropped in one of your HHH motors and i bought the GOAT crawler esc you had and i believe all my wiring is correct red and yellow on the positive post and then the blue on the negative motor post. All the radio gear and servo are near new so im not sure where to start. Thanks for your help and time Q

Last edited by Texas Rebel; 10-21-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #1131
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I would suggest a ton of reduction first. At least 80:1 if not a bit more. Then get either a hot brushed motor or brushless motor. Outrunner or inrunner, not too big if a deal. Once you get the motor turning it won't stop as long as you keep on the throttle. I would suggest the Wheely king axles over the highlift- better ring and pinion. Very cool project, a toolbox RC is a great idea.

Thanks a bunch JohnRob,
ended up with a rc4wd V2HD trans, pushing 40:1 with 13t pinions installed running through super narrowed WK axles to give me a 117:1 final drive

super rooster pushing dual 55t integys, although I may step up to a MM or super duty I have to get the voltage up from 7.2 (and the top speed up from 2)

it will drive the fully loaded (18lb) motor home up a 45* slope before it rocks back and drags the rear bumper. side hill capability is *ahem* about 7* before it tries to roll.

Next Columbia comp I get to i'll have it with to show off.

thanks again.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #1132
Quarry Creeper

Default reversing motor wires?

sir,
i have one of your awesome 7T cobalt puller motor. my question is, i have a dna dig for my axial based fat dog tuber, will reversing the motor wires do harm on the motor?
thanks
Old 10-24-2008, 11:38 AM   #1133
On the lookout for Rocks

John, when are you getting more 35T TorqueMaster 540s back in stock?
Old 10-25-2008, 10:50 AM   #1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-crawler View Post
Can the sidewinder micro handle a crawlmaster 3014, single 5955 or simular, 3cell lipo? i will use a CC voltage regulator. It will be used in a 2.2 ax-10 rig.
With the CC BEC you would be just fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc4x4crawler View Post
Hey John. i figured out what setting I was looking for to get more low end power out of the hhh 45t. The setting is curent limiter on the fxr. I had it on 1 and put it on 4 and its way better.
Cool, excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbocurry View Post
i'm really sorry if somebody has already asked this but i couldn't find a thread relating to this......
RCP hustler on DX6i.. running front steering and throttle on right stick and rear throttle and steering on the left stick. how do i set it so that the throttle (mixed) are on the left and is it possible to mix the steering (front, rear and 4 wheel) on the right stick, because all my switches (mode 1) are all 2 setting ( 0 or 1). cheers
I know it is possible, but I haven't messed with the 6i enough to know how to do it. Basically you want rear throttle on throttle, front throttle on rudder, front steering on aileron, and rear steering on elevator channel. Mix throttle channel to rudder channel 100% in both directions, and you should be good. Assign the mix to any switch you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Rebel View Post
Hey JRH im having some problems with my batt discharging after only 5 maybe 7 min of running. It's one of your 7 cell split pack Elite 1500's, and it has been charged and at a max of .75 A. I've also cycled this battery several times to see if it was just a conditioning issue but the problem seems to persist. I just dropped in one of your HHH motors and i bought the GOAT crawler esc you had and i believe all my wiring is correct red and yellow on the positive post and then the blue on the negative motor post. All the radio gear and servo are near new so im not sure where to start. Thanks for your help and time Q
Sounds like it could have a bad cell in the pack. Do you have a voltmeter to test the cells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardheaded View Post
sir,
i have one of your awesome 7T cobalt puller motor. my question is, i have a dna dig for my axial based fat dog tuber, will reversing the motor wires do harm on the motor?
thanks
As long as the motor is timed neutrally still you have no worries. Check out the motor care thread at the top of my forum- it is a sticky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
John, when are you getting more 35T TorqueMaster 540s back in stock?
It will be a few months now. In the mean time I may carry some generic quality teardowns until the next batch of torquemasters is manufactured. So far there isn't an endbell that I like, and other designs are more expensive than the Tourquemaster.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:07 AM   #1135
Pebble Pounder

Will the TorqueMaster Mini work with the stock ESC with a 2s lipo..
Old 10-26-2008, 06:24 PM   #1136
RCC Addict

John,

I am running a berg with dual ESC's. I have it set up where throttle and rudder our my front and rear. Rudder (front), Throttle (rear). I have it mixed to where left rudder, front axle spins for the "dig", or what is considered dig for the radio.

I want to have "true dig" to kill the motor as you can with the wiring setup on the dx3r. I have my micro switch and micro servo installed, but not sure how to go about with a single switch setup. My motor are both wired to each speed control and are not connected to each other. My ESC's are wired to one single deans plug for the battery connection.

I have the micro switch on the gear channel of the radio (DX6i) and have the endpoints set that the servo will activate the switch.

I am lost on the wiring for this setup. Is it possible?

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:50 PM   #1137
RCC Addict

i just recieved my 35t in the mail yesterday and found some time to install it today.

couple of questions about it.

i noticed that whenever i go full throttle then quickly stop (drag break) i huge spark comes out of the rear of the motor
is this normal?

the only motor ive ever run in my crawler was a novak fifty five so i really dont have a different motor to refer too , but i noticed that the hh35t has a much higher pitched sound im pretty sure its because is a faster motor. my main concern is that at really low speeds i hear this really high piched squeel and/ or crackeling coming out of the motor
again, is this normal?

last but not least, i noticed that the sticker on the motor is covering two oblong shaped holes on the side of the can. would it be advisable to take a hobby knife to it and open it up? or just leave it be?

electronics on my rig:
7 cell 1500mah
novak rooster crawler esc
z9100 jr servo
dna dig w/ hitech 225
spektrum radio system
fly light, light tube (just for looks)

Last edited by NeXt559; 10-29-2008 at 09:09 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #1138
Rock Stacker

Checked it multiple times one of the first things I did came out at or around 8.5-8.6 V DC?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:32 PM   #1139
Rock Crawler

Hey JRH,
I placed a order for a cobalt 7T. I was wondering what you suggest is the best method for break in? I read the sticky you have and it said something about wood or plastic but I'm not sure what you meant by that. Could you clear it up? And will a Mamba 25 be able to handle this beast or do I need to use my Mamba Max?
Old 10-28-2008, 10:22 PM   #1140
I wanna be Dave

john i just bought a bunch of stuff from you and there was a little bag of 3 sets of 4mm bullet connecters....they weren't in the order i placed, but they were in it when delivered....what brand are they...........bob

Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM