Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #1161
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubman
I bought a mamba max 4600 kv combo and hyperion 3025-8 from you a long time ago. I use the CC 4600kv motor in my stampede, and the hyperion in my Twin Force. When I puchased the combo, it worked perfectly in my stampede. Every time I have used the mamba max/hyperion combo in my Twin Force, it works good, except it stutters at WOT, almost as if it is cogging. I use a regulator, so I do not think that is the problem. I recently decided to move the controller back to the stampede. The truck cogs horribly, with or without a receiver pack, no matter which battery pack I use. The radio is a Fubuta 3PM, if that matters. Do you have any suggestions? I talked with you about this a long time ago, but we never found a solution.

Quote:
Have you tried reprogramming your throttle endpoints to the radio?
I just took my r/c trucks off the shelf after letting them sit for probably a year. I was trying to get my stampede to run with the Mamba Max 4600kv combo. I rebuilt the transmission with the steel gears from a newer stampede. Is it possible for the steel and aluminum gears in the tramsmission to cause radio interference? They are greased. I will fiddle with the radio settings for now.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2008, 08:07 PM   #1162
RCC Addict

status on puller brushes?
Old 11-08-2008, 12:31 AM   #1163
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc4x4crawler View Post
Hey John I was thinking about the cc Sidewinder/7t combo. Any problems with this set up? I'm planning on running 15c 1500mah electrifly 11.1v? Is this too low of a discharge for the puller? Thanks.

The battery would be boarderline on power. Don't thrash it too much and you would ok, but I personally wouldn't use the pack. 40 amps discharge is my recommendation, double of that pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrwannabe View Post
Are the cobalt 7t still avalable? I would like to stay brushed but have awesome power and low speed controle as well. My problem is I use 8.4v NiMh so ill be compleatly new to lipo batts and chargers when i deside to go that route , also my esc is a rooster crawler (brushed) I know I could run this set up for a while, but what esc would you recommend for feeding this monster some serious volts? This is going into my 1.9 rockracer moonbuggy with ax10 drivetrain thanks for any help, also I was thinking about trying one in my 2.2 comp banana with ax10 drivetrain as well, let me know what you think.

cole
Yep, they are in stock on my site. Nothing wrong with the setups you have suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubman
I bought a mamba max 4600 kv combo and hyperion 3025-8 from you a long time ago. I use the CC 4600kv motor in my stampede, and the hyperion in my Twin Force. When I puchased the combo, it worked perfectly in my stampede. Every time I have used the mamba max/hyperion combo in my Twin Force, it works good, except it stutters at WOT, almost as if it is cogging. I use a regulator, so I do not think that is the problem. I recently decided to move the controller back to the stampede. The truck cogs horribly, with or without a receiver pack, no matter which battery pack I use. The radio is a Fubuta 3PM, if that matters. Do you have any suggestions? I talked with you about this a long time ago, but we never found a solution.

I just took my r/c trucks off the shelf after letting them sit for probably a year. I was trying to get my stampede to run with the Mamba Max 4600kv combo. I rebuilt the transmission with the steel gears from a newer stampede. Is it possible for the steel and aluminum gears in the tramsmission to cause radio interference? They are greased. I will fiddle with the radio settings for now.
That could cause interference for sure. I would also make sure that the throttle points are reset on the ESC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezul View Post
status on puller brushes?

In stock on my site, and stocked on my shelf.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #1164
Rock Crawler

Ok. Do you have a battery that is 3.5 inches long or less that you would recommend. How about the xcaliber 1300? Isnt 40amps but alot more than the 1500.

Oh and another question. If I decide not to go with the cobalt because of batteries, Is the 30t handwound pretty close to the cobalt? How different is the 30t from the last batch of HHH with the 4 magnets? Can a 30 handle 3 cell?
Thanks

Last edited by rc4x4crawler; 11-08-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:26 AM   #1165
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

JPH,
I'm looking for a motor with more umph than the TorqueMaster Mini that I can bolt into an AX10 tranny. It's for a 1.9 and looking on your site I came across the 454 & 500.

The specs on your site confuse me because it looks like the 500 is slightly longer and wider but weighs less?
454:
28mm x 50mm
8oz

500:
28.9mm x 54.3mm
6.4oz

As far as performance, how do they stack up against a regular Integy 45t and each other?

Thanks

Last edited by Locked Up; 11-09-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:17 PM   #1166
I wanna be Dave

Hey John,I was wondering if you had any cobalt puller motors on hand?Also which would be best for my 2.2 rig you seen at hobbytown the other day,5t,7t?Also will those motors work with my cc sidewinder and that 8 cell I got from you?If not I may need more than just a motor.I think Harley's gonna get mad at me,I have 2 3/8" clearance in that chassis I got from him from the motor plate to the edge of the chassis.Might have to grind a little to make this motor work,but I would rather have this than a 35 or 45 turn 540 hand wound ,well i think..Point me in the right direction for a super powerful crawler setup for my comp rig.Not sure the 8 cell and standard 45 turn brushed motor with that sidewinder is gonna cut it so I would like to get some ideas from you.I like Tekin products,You got anything going on with them?Or is a mamba max IYO better than the FXR Tekin?Just get back to me when you can with your ideas and I will try to meet up with you again this week sometime and get some more stuff from you.All else fails I will need a 35turn handwound from you for sure..If you have one of them...
Old 11-10-2008, 05:15 PM   #1167

Question mamba 25 esc.

Hello, I was chatting with Joe Ford from castle creations and He advised me to get a second opinion from you on this subject. The question I have is around here but I have yet to see professional answer.... I am running a 16.5" super clod crawler with novak 55t motors on LRP speedos(dual electronics) and I have 2 mamba 25's here. I know how capable they are with tuning and would like to use them instead. With to firmware update available, can I run the 2 55t brushed 540's on mamba 25's? And if so, what is the max for battery power running SAFELY? What else do I need to know about the subject? Any and as much info possible is grately appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!
twitch1
Old 11-10-2008, 05:36 PM   #1168

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc4x4crawler View Post
Ok. Do you have a battery that is 3.5 inches long or less that you would recommend. How about the xcaliber 1300? Isnt 40amps but alot more than the 1500.

Oh and another question. If I decide not to go with the cobalt because of batteries, Is the 30t handwound pretty close to the cobalt? How different is the 30t from the last batch of HHH with the 4 magnets? Can a 30 handle 3 cell?
Thanks
The 30t is faster than the cobalt Puller 7t. It is close on power, but with the same gearing it will lack torque in comparison. It can handle the three cell. All 30t motors I have in stock are the two magnet design, and all future TorqueMaster motors will continue to have 2 magnets.

The 1300 Xcaliber battery would be pushing IMO, but honestly it would work fine with the cobalt puller. I like to overestimate your needs so that batteries will last as long as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked Up View Post
JPH,
I'm looking for a motor with more umph than the TorqueMaster Mini that I can bolt into an AX10 tranny. It's for a 1.9 and looking on your site I came across the 454 & 500.

The specs on your site confuse me because it looks like the 500 is slightly longer and wider but weighs less?
454:
28mm x 50mm
8oz

500:
28.9mm x 54.3mm
6.4oz

As far as performance, how do they stack up against a regular Integy 45t and each other?

Thanks
The 500 is more powerful than the 454, where did you get the 8 ounce figure from? Must be a typo somewhere.

As compared to a 45t integy they have more speed and a bit less torque. Not a big suprise to me since they weight less however. I need to find a way to compare then straight up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepial View Post
Hey John,I was wondering if you had any cobalt puller motors on hand? Also will those motors work with my cc sidewinder and that 8 cell I got from you?If not I may need more than just a motor.
The short of it is this- I am out of 35t handwounds for a bit and I have the 7t pullers. The 7t Puller would work well for your rig, but generally I recommend more battery to get the full power. The elite cells can't quite keep up with the amp draw, but they do a good job otherwise. I would recommend the FXR for your rig, as it is small and easy to program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch1 View Post
Hello, I was chatting with Joe Ford from castle creations and He advised me to get a second opinion from you on this subject. The question I have is around here but I have yet to see professional answer.... I am running a 16.5" super clod crawler with novak 55t motors on LRP speedos(dual electronics) and I have 2 mamba 25's here. I know how capable they are with tuning and would like to use them instead. With to firmware update available, can I run the 2 55t brushed 540's on mamba 25's? And if so, what is the max for battery power running SAFELY? What else do I need to know about the subject? Any and as much info possible is grately appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!
twitch1
This is a question that I really don't know the answer to. I have never pushed the mamba 25s very hard in brushed mode, as they only have 1/3 of the power as normal. On 2s lipo or 6 cell nimh I have no doubt they would work fine from the testing I have done, but I cannot recommend the safe voltage limit for them. Sorry I don't have more info, but I can say that it is not likely that 3s lipo will work with the big rig & 55t motors.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:39 PM   #1169
Rock Crawler

Ok thanks JRH.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:53 PM   #1170
RCC Addict

i have a 7t running on 8cell 1600mah elite pack. I am ok with it. Would it be stupid to try your 30t instead on nimh? looking for speed(though the 7t is def pretty quick)
Old 11-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #1171
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

I just saw the weight at the bottom but that must be the total package weight.

I see now the weight for the 500 is 4oz, can you tell me what the 454 weighs?

thanks
Old 11-11-2008, 08:16 AM   #1172
I wanna be Dave

Well John,if you would set me a 7 turn cobalt puller to the side I will come up and get it from you in the next couple days.Is this motor as fast as a 35 turn on 11.1v lipo?Also,is the 7 turn well suited for my application or do I really need a different turn like the 5 turn?And which one of your lipo's do you recommend for this motor?Is the Tekin FXR just as good as the mamba max?Just curious cause I thought you had a mamba max in everything....And where you wanna meet at this time?I can come up wednesday or after any day.Can I just come by your crib and check out your surplus of goodies and see what else I can buy?I might need more than a just a motor..
Old 11-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #1173
Rock Crawler

Hey JRH, Can you let me know when you get some more 45turn torque master's. I am in need of one. thanks
Old 11-12-2008, 09:06 AM   #1174
Quarry Creeper

Can a Tekin FXR handle a 3s lipo with a 7t puller or should I use an ESC with more power overhead? Thanks for the help...
Old 11-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #1175
Quarry Creeper

JRH- I was wondering if your 18% off sale is still on? I've been thinking of switching to a tekin fxr & trying one of your new .500 motors. How much would that combo be right now? Currently I run a mamba max & 45 turn integy pro with a 1550 maxamp 11.1 lipo in a gc1 with axial trans & axles. Would this setup work similar to what I have now? I'm pretty satisfied with how it works now, just looking to save a little weight & was thinking of running the mamba max in my wk basher with a cobalt puller or 2-3000 kv brushless? It has a goat crawler now & works well but I'd like to volt it up to 11.1?
Old 11-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #1176
Quarry Creeper

Default 454's

I want to run two 454 colbalt motors with 9 tooth pinions, Tekin FXR on a 11.1 volt lipo on my HR MOA rig. It weights just under 5 pounds RTR. Will the motors hold up to the 11.1 volts?
Old 11-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #1177
I wanna be Dave

*tap tap* *blow* Testing testing, this thing on?
Old 11-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #1178
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Another question....

Do you think a tekin FXR or sidewinder can handle 2 of your 540 handwound 45ts in a Berg? if not, what about the FXR pro or a Mamba max?
Old 11-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #1179

Whoa! Take a few days away from the thread and get another page! Lets get crackin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarleigh View Post
Hello JRH! Hyperion 0606I AC/DC charger is showing out of stock already. How long before you get more? TIA
They are on order, and should be delivered the 20th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezul View Post
i have a 7t running on 8cell 1600mah elite pack. I am ok with it. Would it be stupid to try your 30t instead on nimh? looking for speed(though the 7t is def pretty quick)
The 30t would be quite nice with those cells. Peppy and have torque.

Quote:
I just saw the weight at the bottom but that must be the total package weight.

I see now the weight for the 500 is 4oz, can you tell me what the 454 weighs?

thanks
The 454 is 3.75 ounces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepial View Post
Well John,if you would set me a 7 turn cobalt puller to the side I will come up and get it from you in the next couple days.Is this motor as fast as a 35 turn on 11.1v lipo?Also,is the 7 turn well suited for my application or do I really need a different turn like the 5 turn?And which one of your lipo's do you recommend for this motor?Is the Tekin FXR just as good as the mamba max?Just curious cause I thought you had a mamba max in everything....And where you wanna meet at this time?I can come up wednesday or after any day.Can I just come by your crib and check out your surplus of goodies and see what else I can buy?I might need more than a just a motor..
The 7t is a touch faster than a 35t. The 7t is probably your best bet, the 5t is really hot on 3s. I would recommend the PolyRC 2200s I have right now, great price for good cells.

The FXR is plenty for the 7t on 3s, but you will need a BEC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carver View Post
Hey JRH, Can you let me know when you get some more 45turn torque master's. I am in need of one. thanks
A few months before exact replacements will be done unfortunately. I will get some "grab bag" mod motors in the mean time. Replacement parts won't be the same, but power will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo View Post
Can a Tekin FXR handle a 3s lipo with a 7t puller or should I use an ESC with more power overhead? Thanks for the help...
Yeah, works just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim the toolman View Post
JRH- I was wondering if your 18% off sale is still on? I've been thinking of switching to a tekin fxr & trying one of your new .500 motors. How much would that combo be right now? Currently I run a mamba max & 45 turn integy pro with a 1550 maxamp 11.1 lipo in a gc1 with axial trans & axles. Would this setup work similar to what I have now? I'm pretty satisfied with how it works now, just looking to save a little weight & was thinking of running the mamba max in my wk basher with a cobalt puller or 2-3000 kv brushless? It has a goat crawler now & works well but I'd like to volt it up to 11.1?
Some coupons left, yes.

With a Cobalt 500 you will get a bit more speed as compared to a 45t. Torque very similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKKILLER View Post
I want to run two 454 colbalt motors with 9 tooth pinions, Tekin FXR on a 11.1 volt lipo on my HR MOA rig. It weights just under 5 pounds RTR. Will the motors hold up to the 11.1 volts?
I don't recommend it, but if you watch your heat carefully I won't stop you

Quote:
Another question....

Do you think a tekin FXR or sidewinder can handle 2 of your 540 handwound 45ts in a Berg? if not, what about the FXR pro or a Mamba max?

45t, on 2s lipo yes on FXR. The FXR pro, sidewinder, or MM, yes on 3s lipo.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:00 AM   #1180
RCC Addict

ordered my torquemaster mini last friday for my MRC, i will be flipping the tranny when i install it and need to learn how to zero or reverse the timing, also which of those two would you suggest is better ? TIA
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM