RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Holmes Hobbies (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/)
-   -   (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holmes-hobbies/89829-hh-tech-questions-customer-support-thread.html)

JohnRobHolmes 11-21-2007 07:16 PM

Good deal man, hope you enjoy it!

yotachump 11-22-2007 10:45 PM

can i use the CC mamba max to power my twin force crawler?also what motor should i use?

JohnRobHolmes 11-23-2007 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotachump (Post 933387)
can i use the CC mamba max to power my twin force crawler?also what motor should i use?

It would do great in the twin force. What tranny are you using? You could use a big brushless like a 3032 scorpion, or two 55t lathe motors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawaiian (Post 933397)
:)
I NEED HELP DOWNLOADING MY PICTURES ONTO THIS WEBSITE. NEED INFORMATION AS TO THE STEPS IN TAKING.... THANX AND MAHALO!

You shall need to buy a star and become a supporting member to upload photos direct. Otherwise you will need an account with a photo hosting site such as photobucket.

yotachump 11-23-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 933435)
It would do great in the twin force. What tranny are you using? You could use a big brushless like a 3032 scorpion, or two 55t lathe motors.

im going to wait for the new R2 tranny and see if it can hold up.

JohnRobHolmes 11-23-2007 12:42 AM

A brushed motor would be easier on the gearbox. It it doesn't hold you will need a tranny with a slipper.

The Real Dogman 11-23-2007 03:16 AM

Hey John, its me again. Just wondering if you have any good setups for the Mamba Max and Crawlmaster?? I'm getting some low speed stalling/cogging. I'm also using an Airtronics MX3 radio. Also, it seems the Mamba And motor sem to get hot when I try to run it slow much, is that normal. Any help would be great.. That crawlmaster is a brute, its cool to see it launch y heavy tuber like it was on Nitromethane!!! Hemi in a Dart type thing. I would love to get it tuned in for low RPM, right where I like it...

JohnRobHolmes 11-23-2007 08:37 AM

What voltage and gearing are you running? The minimum RPM on a sensorless motor will always be the worst spot. Castle will have an update within a month or two for it, but I would suggest that you gear lower so that you are higher up in the throttle band for the same speed that you like to run.

HITMAN 11-23-2007 09:45 AM

you have a PM thankyou

Destroyer 11-23-2007 09:59 AM

Wiring servo directly to main pack

Thinking about wiring my Hitec 5995 directly to my main battery pack, since the Novak voltage regulator does not seem to provide enough power. I am going to be running an 8 cell main pack, but would like to draw power from only 5 of the cells (6V to the servo). Would doing this damage the battery pack in any way or end in some other type of catastrophic failure?:twisted:

Like so:
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3310/wiringot7.png

HITMAN 11-23-2007 11:16 AM

Hey john, i was thinking of buying this charger(http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...5&cat=7&page=1) the balancer adapter it comes with, does it fit all the different lipos balancer plugs?, also i will be running a stick clod super with a mambamax,2-55 turns, and 2 servos, would the Vislero 2100 3s lipo battery give me decent runtime? and would the 1300 version give decent runtime in a 2.2 with a mambamax and a 50 turn. also whats its the difference in 15c continous and the 24c burst, i see different Nos. on different packs. finally ready to take the lipo plunge. sent ya a PM on this guess it didn't go through.

watt 11-23-2007 12:32 PM

Hello,
I'm from Belgium. I would like to buy from you 2 Crawl Masters & 2 Mamba Max. Is this a good combination to use in the G-made Spider? or is the revolver better.And I also would like to work with Lipo batteries, which voltage do I need 11,1 volt? And can I use
2 lipo's of each 11,1 volt? Can you send it as promotion material to me without invoice for customs?
Thanks and hoping to hear from you,
Andy Vervoort

JohnRobHolmes 11-24-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destroyer (Post 933690)
Thinking about wiring my Hitec 5995 directly to my main battery pack, since the Novak voltage regulator does not seem to provide enough power. I am going to be running an 8 cell main pack, but would like to draw power from only 5 of the cells (6V to the servo). Would doing this damage the battery pack in any way or end in some other type of catastrophic failure?:twisted:

Like so:

I don't see a problem with that, just be sure to slow charge the pack very often, as the extra 3 cells not tapped for servo power will not get drained fully. If you dont trickle charge the pack every 2 or 3 runs the 3 cells will get overcharged and ruined pretty quick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxmhero (Post 933782)
Hey john, i was thinking of buying this charger(http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...5&cat=7&page=1) the balancer adapter it comes with, does it fit all the different lipos balancer plugs?, also i will be running a stick clod super with a mambamax,2-55 turns, and 2 servos, would the Vislero 2100 3s lipo battery give me decent runtime? and would the 1300 version give decent runtime in a 2.2 with a mambamax and a 50 turn. also whats its the difference in 15c continous and the 24c burst, i see different Nos. on different packs. finally ready to take the lipo plunge. sent ya a PM on this guess it didn't go through.

The link you provided for the charger is dead.

As for lipos, the 2100 in a super should give anywhere from 20-45 minutes of runtime depending on your driving style. In a 2.2 the 1300 pack should do about the same. The C rating of a pack is the discharge. A 15C pack will discharge at 15 times the capacity, but they can burst a bit more without damage. A higher discharge rating makes the pack able to dump faster, but also increases the weight and size of the pack.

Quote:

Originally Posted by watt (Post 933893)
Hello,
I'm from Belgium. I would like to buy from you 2 Crawl Masters & 2 Mamba Max. Is this a good combination to use in the G-made Spider? or is the revolver better.And I also would like to work with Lipo batteries, which voltage do I need 11,1 volt? And can I use
2 lipo's of each 11,1 volt? Can you send it as promotion material to me without invoice for customs?
Thanks and hoping to hear from you,
Andy Vervoort

That would be a great combo. I would suggest the 11.1v volt lipos. Send me a PM with your details and we can go from there.

HITMAN 11-24-2007 09:38 AM

http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...5&cat=7&page=1 this is the charger i was talking about, thx for the info on the batterys.

JohnRobHolmes 11-24-2007 09:39 AM

The 0606 comes with an adapter for polyRC/hyperion type battery balancers. I can get other ones if you need them, what lipo's do you currently have?

HITMAN 11-24-2007 10:00 AM

None right now, i was gonna get the Vislero's off you when i order.

JohnRobHolmes 11-24-2007 10:27 AM

They plug directly into the charger with an included adapter. The battery and the charger should have a pic showing it at the bottom of the page.

HITMAN 11-24-2007 01:02 PM

thx. what type of payments do you accept for your store? thx. joe

watt 11-26-2007 09:34 AM

@John you have PM
greets Andy

meijerclassics 11-26-2007 01:50 PM

a couple of questions

I'm building a crawler and need some help with a couple of issues. I am using the following parts if it helps:
wk axles
beckworks cobra chassis
r2d tranny
My questions are:
1. I am thinking of running the 8 cell saddle packs (assuming the extra voltage would be great), but want to make sure it will fit. Would it be possible to get some rough dimensions of the pack so I can make sure it will work without any clearance issues?
2. I am looking at getting a new ESC and BL motor and am undecided on what to get. I am looking at the mamba max and revolver black. Will you be getting any more revolvers in stock? If not is there a similar motor would you recommend?
thanks for your time

CRF450R 11-26-2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 934911)
They plug directly into the charger with an included adapter. The battery and the charger should have a pic showing it at the bottom of the page.

How about Common Sense plugs?
Which adapter will work?