Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #1281
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
No problem. This is only my second lipo, so I'm new to it. What do I need to make my poly quest work with an alighn tap, and where can I pick it up?

Thanks again!
What charger do you have? You may be able to make it work with no adapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
Hey John do you stock the laydown brushes for the 45t pro handwound ?
If not could you give me a part number so I can order some from A-main or Tower.
I don't have them in stock right now. These would work http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAGB8&P=FR
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2008, 03:15 PM   #1282
I wanna be Dave

thank you sir
Old 01-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #1283
Rock Stacker

I have a super set up with 2 mama max's, 2 torque masters 55t, 2 JR 8711, and spektrum DX6.

My problem is that I burned up a CC BEC and I put everything back the way it was. Now the front motor glitches when I use either servo. I even unpluged the servos the motor works normal, but when I try to move the servo with my hand the motor glitches again. Any help would be great.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #1284
Quarry Creeper

I've got a 35t torque master, a sidewinder esc running a 8cell pack and wondering how I should set up the punch and motor timing for my AX10?
Old 01-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #1285
Pebble Pounder

Default hooked it up and nothing works

I followed your wiring diagram in rc crawler.The one that hooks up a bec to a single servo,and nothing works.this is my gear:mamba 25,hacker a-10 outrunner,cc bec,hi tec 5245 mg servo,losi dsm binded to my dx 3.0,and losi 600mah 2s lipo.I tried to recalibrate and program everything to see if that would help,and it wouldnt let me.This is for my mrc.I am also doing this set up for my 2.2 comp rig with dig,but dont want to do it till I get everything figured out. Please help?
Old 01-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #1286
Quarry Creeper

JRH, I re-wired jgmmotorsports rig (which was wired according to the diagram in the RC Crawler Mag) To use the ESC red power wire to plug into the RX...Per the Diagram I dont believe that the RX gets any power, Can you tell me if what I found is correct?
Old 01-05-2009, 01:54 AM   #1287
Pebble Pounder

Hi,

Just started bulding a new crawler. Gonna have Bully Comp axels (http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=846). Looking for a couple of nice motors.

Would you recomend these in 35 or 45T: TorqueMaster P-94 Pro Handwound or TorqueMaster Pro Handwound

Esc will be 2x sidewinder or mamba max, and 11.1 lipo

Last edited by jgroneng; 01-05-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:34 AM   #1288
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN SKINNY View Post
I have a super set up with 2 mama max's, 2 torque masters 55t, 2 JR 8711, and spektrum DX6.

My problem is that I burned up a CC BEC and I put everything back the way it was. Now the front motor glitches when I use either servo. I even unpluged the servos the motor works normal, but when I try to move the servo with my hand the motor glitches again. Any help would be great.
My guess is that the RX signal is dropping off, and causing the erratic behavior. The mamba max BEC can't keep up with the servo demand, you will need an external BEC again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycleeric View Post
I've got a 35t torque master, a sidewinder esc running a 8cell pack and wondering how I should set up the punch and motor timing for my AX10?
Leave the timing alone, and if you want max power don't put any punch control on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmmotorsports View Post
I followed your wiring diagram in rc crawler.The one that hooks up a bec to a single servo,and nothing works.this is my gear:mamba 25,hacker a-10 outrunner,cc bec,hi tec 5245 mg servo,losi dsm binded to my dx 3.0,and losi 600mah 2s lipo.I tried to recalibrate and program everything to see if that would help,and it wouldnt let me.This is for my mrc.I am also doing this set up for my 2.2 comp rig with dig,but dont want to do it till I get everything figured out. Please help?
There is probably no power to the RX, because the art department screwed up on the diagram. Put the red wire back into the RX plug from the mamba 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robvbro81 View Post
JRH, I re-wired jgmmotorsports rig (which was wired according to the diagram in the RC Crawler Mag) To use the ESC red power wire to plug into the RX...Per the Diagram I dont believe that the RX gets any power, Can you tell me if what I found is correct?
That is correct. The art department didn't run power to the RX on all three diagrams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgroneng View Post
Hi,

Just started bulding a new crawler. Gonna have Bully Comp axels (http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=846). Looking for a couple of nice motors.

Would you recomend these in 35 or 45T: TorqueMaster P-94 Pro Handwound or TorqueMaster Pro Handwound

Esc will be 2x sidewinder or mamba max, and 11.1 lipo
I would personally use 35t motors. 45t would still give good wheelspeed too.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #1289

hi john just finished bilding a venom creeper . i will be using a 8ch radio and 5 servos front and rear steer f+r lockers and dig . steering servos are jp ds8711 the other servos are unknown at this time. my question is witch motor and esc should i use i like low speed crawls and good wheel speed i'm thinking 7t or 10t pullers or maybe sensored bl and will i need to use a cc-bec thanks for all your help.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #1290
Rock Crawler

i am really interested in the torquemaster br esc. the add in the magazine says available x-mas 08 yet your website says out of stock. when will they be available? i really want to to run one on my clod super. also do you thing the drag brag will be strong enough for my clod?
Old 01-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #1291
Rock Crawler

hi JRH ...i havent used my elite 1500 saddle packs i got from you for about 2 months(i only have a charge or two ,so there still pretty new) and i want to top them off ...do i need to discharge nimh batts before charging them ?? ...or can i just put them on the charger ?...thanks for the help
Old 01-11-2009, 11:44 PM   #1292

John,

I recently received my torque master mini. I installed it on an MRC and am having problems with (I believe) the brushes hanging up. Sometimes it will go, but often it won't move without a push. I pulled the motor off of the tranny and when I apply it still gets hung up, until a small twist of the output shaft frees it until I let off the trigger again. Any help is appreciated! Sorry if this has been answered before and I missed it.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:23 AM   #1293
Pebble Pounder

JRH
Hey man I am having a big problem that I cant figure out.when I run my mrc at start up the steering servo glithes to the right every time it cost me a couple of gates at my last comp.dont know whats happening.this is my gear:spektrum dx 3.0,cc bec,mamba 25,hacker a-10 outrunner,hi tech 5245 mg servo.I followed the diagram in rc driver(rc ccrawler edition)found that the diagram was wrong w/red wire to the esc.Is there anything else wrong?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #1294

Default Axial AX10 RTR questions

I have recently purchased a stock RTR kit. The only mod so far is to add the front locker. I have a few questions and concerns that I'm wondering if its normal or easy to fix.

1. the steering can get figity at times? Is it just the battery getting low, or is there something else to adjust?

2. At times when you push the throttle it crawls slow like its supposed to, then the next time you turn it on, it won't start out slow at all, it wants to jump as you push the throttle? Is the speed controler out of adjustment?
Old 01-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #1295
RCC Addict

when will the cobalt 10T puller be back in stock.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:47 PM   #1296
RCC Addict

any eta on some more 35T 540 motors or p94's
Old 01-15-2009, 12:31 AM   #1297
Pebble Pounder

Dear Mr. Holmes =)

Just wanted to ask a quick question.

I was wondering if you had a brushless motor with comparable characteristics to your notorious Puller 5T? In terms of both torque and high end wheel speed.

I would like to stick to brushless as I am presuming your Puller 5Ts will not have the longest of run times.

Thank you in advance,
Michael
Old 01-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #1298
I wanna be Dave

ETA on the TorqueMaster Mini's??
Old 01-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #1299
Pebble Pounder

Anybody know if you can use the losi lsr 3000 radio for more than one model? I have the losi MRC and am planning on getting an AX10 but am trying to get out of having to buy a new radio just for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #1300
Nor-CalRCRC

Hey John, I hope you haven't covered this before. I didn't see anything about my issue anywhere.

I have an MRC with your mini motor (very cool, really like it), an FXR and a Losi 2s 600mah lipo. I have not touched the motor - timing etc. and it is not reversed.

I only have about 3 packs on it but I noticed something today when I try to creep very slowly from a stand still. As I am pulling the trigger VERY slowly the motor will make a sound like it is trying to turn for a second but then doesn't and goes dead. At that point I can let off the throttle pull it to full throttle then back to full reverse and it doesn't move and the motor makes no sound. The lights on the ESC properly represent the throttle I am applying. If I physically move the rig, even very slight, it will come back to life.

I do not have the problem or any problem with it if I use the throttle more normally (not very slow application of throttle). Start, stop and drag brake all work great.

I took the motor off the trans and spun it to make sure it was smooth. It is very smooth and I am 99% sure that nothing got sucked into the motor.

Oh, and the problem happens on flat ground with no load. The rig is 2lbs 13oz.

Any insight?

Last edited by montereycrawler; 01-20-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM