Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 07:51 PM   #121
RCC Addict

Hey John, The Mamba Max I ordered seems to be giving me problems. How do I start....

ok First-the setup. Airtronics MX3 Radio and Receiver, 55t Integy lathe, HS5955TG Servo and 9cell Batt. I wil be ordering the Castle Creations BEC this friday from you.

Now, when I first setup the Mamba I set it up for the Crawlmaster, with mixed results(need lower gearing or wait for castle's update), so I decide to wait and insalled the 55t Integy lathe and reset the defaults on the Mamba Max. Now when I shut the system off the red light stays light on until I actualy unplug the power from the batts. When I plug the power back in the red light comes back on and when I turn the switch on same thing except now the Mamba does not respond to input. When I unplug the Mamba turn the power switch on, then plug in the batts the system doesn't really arm but seems to be armed already, kinda like its not disarming when shutting it off. Now the Green light does not work at all, even when I pull the trigger and the motor spins forward properly and when I let off the trigger quickly the red light starts blinking until I pull the trigger again and that is intermittent.

Oh I even reset the Firmware by Installing v1.07, then re installing v1.09

Any suggestions.

This is number 2 of 3 Mamba's that seem to be having issues, the first one works perfectly. I do hope this coincidental, do you think it could be the radio?? the first Mamba is on a skyion DSX and reciever

Last edited by The Real Dogman; 11-26-2007 at 08:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2007, 04:05 PM   #122
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxmhero View Post
thx. what type of payments do you accept for your store? thx. joe
Paypal, money order, and CC through the paypal gateway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meijerclassics View Post
I'm building a crawler and need some help with a couple of issues. I am using the following parts if it helps:
wk axles
beckworks cobra chassis
r2d tranny
My questions are:
1. I am thinking of running the 8 cell saddle packs (assuming the extra voltage would be great), but want to make sure it will fit. Would it be possible to get some rough dimensions of the pack so I can make sure it will work without any clearance issues?
2. I am looking at getting a new ESC and BL motor and am undecided on what to get. I am looking at the mamba max and revolver black. Will you be getting any more revolvers in stock? If not is there a similar motor would you recommend?
thanks for your time
I can tell you for sure the saddle packs will fit, but the rough dimensions are 1.3x1.3x1.125" for each saddle.

I will be getting more revolvers in stock, but it will be after the holiday. The crawlmaster is a great motor too, but if you don't want something as large a standard brushed motor will be the next choice.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:08 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRF450R View Post
How about Common Sense plugs?
Which adapter will work?
Common Sense plugs are the same as thunder power. You would need a thunder power adapter. Which packs do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Dogman View Post
Hey John, The Mamba Max I ordered seems to be giving me problems. How do I start....

ok First-the setup. Airtronics MX3 Radio and Receiver, 55t Integy lathe, HS5955TG Servo and 9cell Batt. I wil be ordering the Castle Creations BEC this friday from you.

Now, when I first setup the Mamba I set it up for the Crawlmaster, with mixed results(need lower gearing or wait for castle's update), so I decide to wait and insalled the 55t Integy lathe and reset the defaults on the Mamba Max. Now when I shut the system off the red light stays light on until I actualy unplug the power from the batts. When I plug the power back in the red light comes back on and when I turn the switch on same thing except now the Mamba does not respond to input. When I unplug the Mamba turn the power switch on, then plug in the batts the system doesn't really arm but seems to be armed already, kinda like its not disarming when shutting it off. Now the Green light does not work at all, even when I pull the trigger and the motor spins forward properly and when I let off the trigger quickly the red light starts blinking until I pull the trigger again and that is intermittent.

Oh I even reset the Firmware by Installing v1.07, then re installing v1.09

Any suggestions.

This is number 2 of 3 Mamba's that seem to be having issues, the first one works perfectly. I do hope this coincidental, do you think it could be the radio?? the first Mamba is on a skyion DSX and reciever

It sounds like you need to reprogram your throttle endpoints for sure. Whenever the battery is plugged into the mamba, it has power. The little switch doesn't do much except turn off the BEC. The Capacitors will hold power for a while too. Don't know what to tell about when you switch it on and off and have problems. I have never experienced such as that.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:17 PM   #124
TEAM RCC

[quote=JohnRobHolmes;939391]Common Sense plugs are the same as thunder power. You would need a thunder power adapter. Which packs do you use?

Looked at a Thunder tech pack this weekend and the pin spacing was different.
( Thanks for the battery packs by the way! 1st place at Finishline )
I use 11.1v 1250mh Common Sense packs. Thanks

Never mind found what I need.
Its the Align style adapter not the thunder tech.

Last edited by CRF450R; 11-29-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:20 AM   #125

John I will be giving the twin mambas with crawlmasters a run on the weekend.
On setting them up they are impressive on used battery packs

Set up
TQ3
7.2 volt nimh power
5955 servos
mamba by 2
crawlmasters by 2
Dig steer from punkrc
What I wnt to know is will I need the CC bec with that setup. Or can I run an RX battery pack and remove the power wires from the Mambas. I don't know and I don't want too blow these nice mambas up.:-(
Old 11-29-2007, 08:35 AM   #126
RCC Addict

how many amps would a dx7 radio need? im looking at putting a 3s lipo in it..I have a couple 2000mah 8c lipos would the work or could I be by with a small amp rating?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:57 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratkrawler View Post
John I will be giving the twin mambas with crawlmasters a run on the weekend.
On setting them up they are impressive on used battery packs

Set up
TQ3
7.2 volt nimh power
5955 servos
mamba by 2
crawlmasters by 2
Dig steer from punkrc
What I wnt to know is will I need the CC bec with that setup. Or can I run an RX battery pack and remove the power wires from the Mambas. I don't know and I don't want too blow these nice mambas up.:-(
You wont NEED a castle bec, but it will help to give you more steering power. You won't blow anything up without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushlessnut View Post
how many amps would a dx7 radio need? im looking at putting a 3s lipo in it..I have a couple 2000mah 8c lipos would the work or could I be by with a small amp rating?
They pull .6 amps I think, not much at all.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:21 PM   #128
Rock Crawler

i just traded my super for an ax10 with a novak goat system i was thinking of going lipo with it can you point me in the right direction on what i need to get? i have never ran lipo before so i know nothing about them but they get great run time thanks for any help i may get
Old 11-29-2007, 07:41 PM   #129

Thanks John
As posted above about lipo batteries.

I am looking at running them in the new crawler what would you suggest.??
As I to know nothing about them.

Thanks brad
Old 11-30-2007, 11:21 PM   #130
ghetto fabulous newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
It would do great in the twin force. What tranny are you using? You could use a big brushless like a 3032 scorpion, or two 55t lathe motors.
whats the most powerful one you got?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:31 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1man View Post
i just traded my super for an ax10 with a novak goat system i was thinking of going lipo with it can you point me in the right direction on what i need to get? i have never ran lipo before so i know nothing about them but they get great run time thanks for any help i may get
For a goat system you will need to stick with 2s packs, that is a two cell pack. Thunder power, PolyRC, and many many other companies make them, I would suggest a 2100mah pack. I don't carry 2 cell packs at the moment.

Quote:
Thanks John
As posted above about lipo batteries.

I am looking at running them in the new crawler what would you suggest.??
As I to know nothing about them.

Thanks brad
What vehicle and setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotachump View Post
Powerful what? Battery? Motor?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:38 PM   #132
Rock Crawler

okay thanks what charger do you recomend for the 2s lipo ?
Old 12-01-2007, 07:57 AM   #133
ghetto fabulous newbie

Quote:
It would do great in the twin force. What tranny are you using? You could use a big brushless like a 3032 scorpion, or two 55t lathe motors.

Quote:
Powerful what? Battery? Motor?
motor, brushed or brushless

Last edited by yotachump; 12-01-2007 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:01 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1man View Post
okay thanks what charger do you recomend for the 2s lipo ?
I am sold on the Hyperion 0606i for plug into the wall and balancing in one unit. For just a basic charger that would need a 12v power supply the hyperion 5i dp is great and tiny too. Hyperion has really stayed on top of the charging market lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotachump View Post

motor, brushed or brushless

For brushed the 10t cobalt puller would be your best bet. For brushless the scorpion 3032-10 or 8 turn would be the hoss for you. I will have those up on my site in a few days once the mail runs.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #135

John this is what it currently is.

Clod super
TQ3
7.2 volt nimh power
5955 servos
mamba by 2
crawlmasters by 2
Dig steer from punkrc

So what volt, size and type of lipo would be good.

Thanks Brad
Old 12-02-2007, 10:37 PM   #136
Rock Crawler

John, I am getting a 0606I for christmas and I want a 3s lipo for my mm and a 2s lipo for my novak crawler. What would be the best lipos around 2100mah that would plug into the 0606i balancer?
Old 12-04-2007, 04:51 PM   #137
Moderator Rule Breaker

John on the power supply, the dc output there two -'s and +'s does matter which one - and + I put my charger on ?
Old 12-04-2007, 06:14 PM   #138

Quote:
John this is what it currently is.

Clod super
TQ3
7.2 volt nimh power
5955 servos
mamba by 2
crawlmasters by 2
Dig steer from punkrc

So what volt, size and type of lipo would be good.

Thanks Brad
I would use a 3 cell 2100 pack, the Vislero brand is what I use and carry. I would also use 6 to 8 tooth pinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs tunner View Post
John, I am getting a 0606I for christmas and I want a 3s lipo for my mm and a 2s lipo for my novak crawler. What would be the best lipos around 2100mah that would plug into the 0606i balancer?
Again, the 3 cell Vislero pack is what you want. For 2 cell use a Thunder Power brand or good old elite 1500 nimh will give your best bet on longevity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
John on the power supply, the dc output there two -'s and +'s does matter which one - and + I put my charger on ?
If they are all the same circuit it should be OK. If you want to post up a pic of the terminals I could help you further.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:50 PM   #139
Moderator Rule Breaker

If they are all the same circuit it should be OK. If you want to post up a pic of the terminals I could help you further.

Huh ? Terminals on what ?
Old 12-04-2007, 08:03 PM   #140

On your power supply, the two - and + places to hook up power. Those are power terminals.
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM