Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #1961
Quarry Creeper

John I sent an email also but then I seen this customer support thread. Can't get my brxl to work. It had reverse only at first, tried recalibrating & now it does nothing only the red light comes on. My castlelink v3.220 recognizes it's connected but when I try to send an update it says " error communicating with device did not receive a response from controller try unplugging and reconnecting usb device" which I do & still nothing. Is it no good or could I possibly be doing something wrong? Help!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #1962
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairba11 View Post
so we picked up a com lathe and started playing with it on some integy motors, before switching to the handwound.

the handwound had some fairly deep grooves which took a lot of passes to smooth off.

how much material is safe to remove? i didn't put a caliper to it, but i can.

and if worse comes to worse, got any 45-ish turn armatures laying around?
I don't have any armatures here. Unfortunately I'm not versed on how much you can take off the comm. I would keep cutting it until it stopped working

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman1101 View Post
I've had my fxr for about 2 months now and has been running fine since day one in my mrc, I only run 2c lipos. The problem is I just switched servos (from an old hpi full size I had laying around to a hs645) and now it drove for about 10 feet then started to drive itself and wouldn't allow me to steer. When I got to it to unplug everything the lipo was warm and starting to get hotter and there was a slight burning smell from the esc. I left everything alone for for awhile I checked everything and all is well, nothing touching anything it shouldn't and the cap was still soldered on. I have no idea what happened, the servo I put on still worked I took it off my scaler where it ran fine. Any help would be great. The other electronics I have are stock tx/rx, and motor. Is my esc fried and should I send it back to tekin.

Thanks
Derek
Sounds like a job for tekin, they like to handle all warranty directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim the toolman View Post
John I sent an email also but then I seen this customer support thread. Can't get my brxl to work. It had reverse only at first, tried recalibrating & now it does nothing only the red light comes on. My castlelink v3.220 recognizes it's connected but when I try to send an update it says " error communicating with device did not receive a response from controller try unplugging and reconnecting usb device" which I do & still nothing. Is it no good or could I possibly be doing something wrong? Help!
Email back at you.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #1963
Quarry Creeper

haven't gotten an email, did it go through?
Old 12-17-2009, 06:54 PM   #1964
Quarry Creeper

OK got the email and the speed control working thanks JRH
Old 12-19-2009, 12:12 PM   #1965
Quarry Creeper

Hey JRH, just a quick question about the Revolver Black...

Whats the max amps that motor will pull??

My crawler is the only rig not getting any LiPo lovin' so Im gonna pick up a 2S, maybe 3S, for it and want to make sure it will supply the load.

Thanks in advance man!!
Old 12-19-2009, 03:08 PM   #1966
Quarry Creeper

Hey JRH, question for you? I am building an 8x8 and was thinking of a way to use one motor and esc, would a 7t puller and your new BR-XL with a 4s-6s be enough? Any other recommendations would be great.

Thanks
Derek
Old 12-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #1967
Quarry Creeper

Quick question. So i ordered my BR-XL yesterday, and was wondering what my best motor option would be?
its too bad the 7t puller is already gone..
Wheelspeed, torque, and steadyness is what im going for.
also looking to run it on 3-5s lipo.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #1968
I wanna be Dave

I apologize if this is a duplicate question, but I read you were coming out with a 16t puller? Is this true, and do you think it will run cooler in my 10lb Super than my 10t. Twin Force based, 3S 2200mah polyquest lipo, FX-R, 54:1(roughly) final Ratio.

Also I have a post in the Electronics Board concerning a Hitec HS7955TG servo and a glitch. Could you give me some insight on my issue.

Thanks
Eric
Old 12-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRocks View Post
Hey JRH, just a quick question about the Revolver Black...

Whats the max amps that motor will pull??

My crawler is the only rig not getting any LiPo lovin' so Im gonna pick up a 2S, maybe 3S, for it and want to make sure it will supply the load.

Thanks in advance man!!
Get a pack that will supply at least 25a continuous, the more the better. I prefer running packs closer to 30 or 35a rated.

The motor can actually pull a few hundred amps on startup, for very brief periods of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman1101 View Post
Hey JRH, question for you? I am building an 8x8 and was thinking of a way to use one motor and esc, would a 7t puller and your new BR-XL with a 4s-6s be enough? Any other recommendations would be great.

Thanks
Derek
For 4 to 6s lipo I would recommend a slower motor. Either a 10t or a 14t would be the better choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlcrawl View Post
Quick question. So i ordered my BR-XL yesterday, and was wondering what my best motor option would be?
its too bad the 7t puller is already gone..
Wheelspeed, torque, and steadyness is what im going for.
also looking to run it on 3-5s lipo.
I have 10 and 14t motors here. I will have more 7 and 6t armatures soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart bender View Post
I apologize if this is a duplicate question, but I read you were coming out with a 16t puller? Is this true, and do you think it will run cooler in my 10lb Super than my 10t. Twin Force based, 3S 2200mah polyquest lipo, FX-R, 54:1(roughly) final Ratio.

Also I have a post in the Electronics Board concerning a Hitec HS7955TG servo and a glitch. Could you give me some insight on my issue.

Thanks
Eric
Ill take a look at the thread. I have a 14t puller now.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #1970

Default 24p Pinion ?

Do you know where I might find a 24p pinion gear to fit one of these motors (Crawlmaster 3014 850kv):
http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...&cat=24&page=1

I bought some 8ight-T gears which have the right pitch: 24p, but unfortunately was not paying enough attention to the shaft diameters, they expect 5mm shafts, these motors' shafts are much smaller ~1/8".

I'm building a vex based robot.

All of these gears are 24p.
http://www.vexrobotics.com/vex-robot...gear-kit.shtml

Some short of shaft coupler or converter / gear box would probably work too.

Or some motors with 5mm shafts (torque more so than speed, preferable).
Old 12-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #1971

I have some replacement shafts I can send to convert the motor to 5mm if that helps.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #1972
Rock Crawler

Hello,

I am planning on buying a set of HH 35T hand-wounds for a berg. Do you suggest changing the timing 180deg or just reversing the polarity for the rear motor?
Old 12-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #1973

Either way, just be sure you aren't getting arcing on the rear motor. If I break in the motor clockwise, the timing may change a bit if it is spinning the other way.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #1974
Rock Crawler

Hey John, what turn of your mod motor would you suggest for a clod base crawler running 3S Lipos and 2.2 tires? Just for crawling not speed.
Thanks Joe
Old 12-29-2009, 08:41 AM   #1975

I would run a 35t, but the average person running 12t pinions would use a 55t.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:52 PM   #1976
Rock Crawler

wouldn't the 55's give me more torque compared to the 35's?
I don't need speed, I was thinking about the 100:1 gear set, I want massive torque. (poor cvd's)
Old 12-29-2009, 06:08 PM   #1977
Pebble Pounder

I'm kind of new to all this Lipo technology. I was wondering if your Hyperion EOS0606I charger and 3s lipo pack are completely compatible? By that I mean, would I need any other type of adapter to charge the battery? I have already purchased a bec from you but would really like to know if I need anything else to run 3s lipo. Thanks
Old 01-04-2010, 11:20 AM   #1978
Rock Crawler

my buddy let me use his 10t puller yesterday in my scaler, it kept loseing its timeing and i had to keep fixing it every 15 mins or so is there something i can do to fix this for him? i know he wa having problems with it also and wanted to get it fixed for him. and because of the timing problem the com looks burnt. this motors awsome in the scaler just enough wheel speed and all torque i could need but with the timeing problems it makes it more work then i want to do to be able to play with my fun scaler.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #1979
Rock Crawler

John, I am trying to use a $50 gift certificate I was given for Christmas to order some things off of your site. I followed the instructions in the email that the code was send in but in step #5 it tells me to "Select gift card as the payment method" but I don't see a gift card payment method option when I check out, I only see "money order" and "paypal/cc". How do I cash in the gift certificate? The order number I am trying to apply it to is: 4478.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:25 PM   #1980
Quarry Creeper

I'm going to order some new lipos for my mrc and was wondering how much amps your TM mini motors pull? I'm looking at getting some 360mah 25c 3s. TIA
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM