Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 08:33 PM   #41
RCC Addict

you know where i could get a tq3 rec?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #42

Default Kool BEC

What do you mean by plug the bec into the battery? What battery do i plug it into. How can i plug it into the battery if i dont need the red/black pig tail?

Ratterd wants to know if you soldier the pigtail to the ESC side of the battery pack and then plug it into the bat section of the RX will it cause any damage?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:50 AM   #43
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkranwinkle@cableone.net View Post
ebay is your best bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poonzilla View Post
What do you mean by plug the bec into the battery? What battery do i plug it into. How can i plug it into the battery if i dont need the red/black pig tail?

Ratterd wants to know if you soldier the pigtail to the ESC side of the battery pack and then plug it into the bat section of the RX will it cause any damage?
The BEC gets power from your main pack. Solder the pigtail on the ESC side of the battery lead and you can plug the BEC in there. Then, the male RX lead coming from the BEC unit goes into the bat section of the RX. If you directly plugged the pigtail from the battery into the RX you might fry your servos or RX, as a charged battery pack can have a high voltage.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #44
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Click here
I have resoldered antennae wires before but ended up breaking the little locking clips on the case. If the antennae breaks on an AM or FM system, you can solder the wire back on if it is only 1 - 1.5 inches shorter with no major loss in reception. Any more than that might give you problems but I have never tried it.

Last edited by Grizzly4x4; 11-06-2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #45
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCRAWLER417 View Post
John, Whats the difference between the 5955tg geared and the 5955tg robot servo's . apparently i bought a nomadio sensor last night. I hope that radio will work
I think you meant to ask:

"Whats the difference between the 5955tg servo and the 5995tg robot servo's."

The 5995TG has 180 degrees of rotation so a programmer or endpoint adjustment on your radio is absolutely mandatory to avoid overheating the servo.

The 5955TG has 80 degrees of rotation so it can be used with a radio that has no endpoint adjustment (ie TQ3). However a programmer or endpoint adjustment on your radio is a good idea.

Your Nomadio has endpoint adjustments so either servo will work fine.

Last edited by Grizzly4x4; 11-06-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:46 PM   #46
Rock Stacker

Hi John looking at this combo for X-mas. MM with crawlmaster and your six cell pack. Would this be enough of would I have to go to the 8 cell? My charger can only handle 6 cells so I would also need a new charger. If you would could you recommend me one?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:40 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

I have tried to hookup the cool BEC both ways you have described with no luck. If you could put up a diagram it would be most helpful. The speed contrler is a tekin reble 2 and the RX is a dynamite mini RX:-(
Old 11-07-2007, 08:52 PM   #48
RCC Addict

wich is better castle or cool beck. wil it make my servo stronger?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:44 AM   #49
RCC Addict

does axiom still make 35T motors? they aren't listed on their website, and that's what i am looking for for my scaler i am building
Old 11-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Got one for ya!

I just switched my pinion in my r2/goat from a 8t to a 12t. Wheel speed is crazy! Anyways, I noticed that when I'm going uphill and I let off the throttle, instead of it staying put it will slowly start rolling back, kinda like stuttering if that makes sense... Is this because the larger pinion or did I screw something up? Oh, and it is a brand new r2. Thanks!
Old 11-09-2007, 01:57 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

This thread was very informative and I didnt even ask a question. Good idea John.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:36 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

i'm charging the 6 cell 2/3 saddle pack for the first time w/the hyperion charger i got from you...my question is... do i just have to enter the charge rate @ .01 and then enter ??? is it that easy ?? also at .01 charge rate how long should that take to fully charge ?? thanks JRH
Old 11-09-2007, 05:05 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonShadow View Post
Hi John looking at this combo for X-mas. MM with crawlmaster and your six cell pack. Would this be enough of would I have to go to the 8 cell? My charger can only handle 6 cells so I would also need a new charger. If you would could you recommend me one?
I would recommend the 8 cell pack because performance will be better. For your charger, will you need lipo capability too? The 0606 hyperion chargers just came out and they include lipo charging and balancing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratterd View Post
I have tried to hookup the cool BEC both ways you have described with no luck. If you could put up a diagram it would be most helpful. The speed contrler is a tekin reble 2 and the RX is a dynamite mini RX:-(
I will start a thread about hooking up BECs and general wiring, we can solve it in there.

Quote:
wich is better castle or cool beck. wil it make my servo stronger?
The cool bec is great for the money, but the Castle BEC has more features and power. Both will probably make your servo stronger unless you are running a novak crawler product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post
does axiom still make 35T motors? they aren't listed on their website, and that's what i am looking for for my scaler i am building

They do still make them, but the frequency that they tune them up isn't as regular as other winds. You could always increase the voltage on a higher wind motor to net the same speed.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:08 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaun987 View Post
Got one for ya!

I just switched my pinion in my r2/goat from a 8t to a 12t. Wheel speed is crazy! Anyways, I noticed that when I'm going uphill and I let off the throttle, instead of it staying put it will slowly start rolling back, kinda like stuttering if that makes sense... Is this because the larger pinion or did I screw something up? Oh, and it is a brand new r2. Thanks!
Yes, this is because the larger pinion puts more strain on the motor to "hold" the vehicle. The programming might be a little catchy or you could have an issue with the radio drifting from center a bit. You didn't screw anything up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMZKRAWLER View Post
i'm charging the 6 cell 2/3 saddle pack for the first time w/the hyperion charger i got from you...my question is... do i just have to enter the charge rate @ .01 and then enter ??? is it that easy ?? also at .01 charge rate how long should that take to fully charge ?? thanks JRH
Yep, it is that easy. Just make sure the battery type is on nimh, enter the charge rate and hold down enter.

At .1 amps it will take about 15 hours to charge. You could charge at .2 amps and it will take 6-8 hours.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:15 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

thanks a ton JRH....i love this new hyperion charger....it's a lot easier then my super brain i had ....also ...how many times should i charge at this rate ??? what rate will i use after a few cycles??....thanks again
...and one more question ...on the hyperion's display window ,what is the number above the voltage ??

Last edited by TIMZKRAWLER; 11-09-2007 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:17 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Thanks buddy
Old 11-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMZKRAWLER View Post
thanks a ton JRH....i love this new hyperion charger....it's a lot easier then my super brain i had ....also ...how many times should i charge at this rate ??? what rate will i use after a few cycles??....thanks again
...and one more question ...on the hyperion's display window ,what is the number above the voltage ??

I like to run about 5 charges at the .1 or .2 amp rate to break in the pack. The number above your voltage is the mah put into the pack.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:26 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I like to run about 5 charges at the .1 or .2 amp rate to break in the pack. The number above your voltage is the mah put into the pack.
thanks for the response john....what rate should i charge at after break in ??
Old 11-10-2007, 02:37 PM   #59

1.5 to 3 amps is pretty safe. The faster you charge it the more likely the pack will get out of balance, so I like to rebalance at .2 amps every 10 uses or so.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #60
RCC Addict

I'd like to get a brushless setup for a scale mud/trail truck I'm working on. It is a MFM chassis with Pede tranny, TLT axles and 2.2 wheels and tires. What would you suggest that has some speed to it and is capable of some climbing.
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM