Notices

Thread: Dabbler got a Venture FJ!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2018, 06:30 PM   #21

Default Re: Dabbler got a Venture FJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyluv View Post
Quick update:

Haven't sold the Venture, yet, and I'm thinking I might keep it, especially after changing it up recently. I threw on the wheel/tire combo that was previously on my RC4WD G2 Cruiser (as I haven't been driving it), and it did great around my little backyard area, which has some challenging terrain, surprisingly. I'll try and post up a video, once I edit it.

Anyways, I think I know what my next body will be...the good ol' Pro-Line 1973 Bronco wagon. This is the older one that got discontinued (#3313-60), which had the 12.3" wb:
Do it! This will be awesome!

Proline shows 3313-60 as available? But that wheelbase is listed as 305mm.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2018, 07:09 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
I'm jealous of that Bronco body, especially because I used to have one, and wish I still had it for this chassis.

What wheels and tires are those shown in the photos with the Bronco body? Those tires look really good, and look like they fit under the FJ Cruiser body nicely. I have an old set of Axial 8 Holes that I painted white, which would probably look great with those tires mounted.
The tires are RC4WD Atturo Trail Blade M/T 1.9's, which are 4.25" OD, making a proper fit for the small fenders on the FJ body (same with the PL Bronco). The wheels are generic Chinese beadlock rims I got off eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Do it! This will be awesome!

Proline shows 3313-60 as available? But that wheelbase is listed as 305mm.
Pro-Line re-released the 1973 Bronco body with the 305mm (12") wb back in the spring of 2016, but they kept the old part #, although I think they should've given it a new one, because, if you look online, you can see that many RC stores list the #3313-60 as available, but with the old wheelbase, so it might be that they're selling the new one, but neglected to update the specs. Even Tower & Amain are showing it with the old 12.3" wheelbase.

RCMart has the #3313-60 listed pretty low, at $22.08, so maybe that's the legitimate, discontinued 12.3" version. The problem is their shipping is outrageous.
http://www.rcmart.com/proline-1973-f...cPath=438_1660

Last edited by johnnyluv; 05-25-2018 at 07:21 PM. Reason: additional info
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:07 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Up until a week or two ago, I was nearly set on selling this truck, because I didn’t see it being an integral member of my collection. However, I’m now glad that I didn’t make, what would likely have been, a mistake, because this truck is growing on me. I didn’t like that I had to run smaller tires with the stock body, but I’m even changing my mind about that, perhaps because the shorter tires keep it low cg, so it hugs the earth a little closer.
I took the wheels & tires off my Gelande II Cruiser, because I haven’t been running it, and they look just as good on this FJ Cruiser. The spare wheel & tire was also meant for the G2. I also got around to installing the steel links I got off eBay three months ago, and that makes it feel even more planted.
I hope aftermarket continues to grow, as well as general interest by the community. Perhaps it just came out too late, I don’t know, but it’s a nice little gem from my perspective.

Old 10-08-2018, 02:31 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM74 View Post
I'm running the Pittbull Braven Ironsides which are a 4.19" tire and they fit pretty well.

Love those tires with stock foams (surprisingly on the foams) on my TF2 so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyluv View Post
I threw on the wheel/tire combo that was previously on my RC4WD G2 Cruiser (as I haven't been driving it), and it did great around my little backyard area, which has some challenging terrain, surprisingly.

Anyways, I think I know what my next body will be...the good ol' Pro-Line 1973 Bronco wagon. This is the older one that got discontinued (#3313-60), which had the 12.3" wb

That wheel and tire combo looks pretty good.

Love that body too.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 04:14 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Love those tires with stock foams (surprisingly on the foams) on my TF2 so far!

That wheel and tire combo looks pretty good.

Love that body too.
The tires are a perfect size, but the foams are a little too firm, as I had assembled that combo for my Gelande 2 Cruiser, which is a much heavier rig. I have a feeling, however, that they're going to return to the G2, and the Venture is going to be sold off, as well as the G2. Funny that I say that, because I indicated a few months back that I considered doing this very thing, but was glad I chose not to. The difference, in this case, is that we're very near to closing on a home purchase, and if it goes through, I'll have to reduce my collection, and I have more enjoyable RC's other than the Venture.

Last edited by johnnyluv; 10-08-2018 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Self-reflection

Dabbler got a Venture FJ! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MT Venture TAT76 HPI Venture 51 01-29-2020 12:32 AM
The venture is here! Jfrisch01 HPI Venture 127 03-06-2018 07:34 PM
No HPI Venture Frank211 General Scale Talk 111 12-14-2017 04:55 PM
My HPI Venture is on it's way... QuesoDelDiablo 1.9 Scale Rigs 86 11-29-2017 04:58 PM
Another venture. aubie Chit Chat 6 12-25-2005 05:35 AM