Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > HPI Venture

Notices

Thread: Wow...now I see why...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2018, 07:22 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Wow...now I see why...

So few own an HPI Venture. I went looking for mods for mine and there is next to nothing!

What the best place to get stuff for this rig???

I know tires and steering servo are first...but wow...hardly no bumpers or personalization options...compared to Axial and the TRX4.

VaOldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2018, 07:25 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Wow...now I see why...

For some reason these haven't gained much traction I'm hoping with the builders kit coming out soon there will be more taking notice, from what I've read it's a great rig.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:50 AM   #3

HPI doomed this rig when they delayed the release for 2 years.

With that being said, saying there are no mods simply isn't true. SSD has some awesome mods and STRC has their typical Chinese crap for it.

As far as Bumpers I believe its mounts are spaces the same as the SCX10 or another truck. I forget which one.

RPP also has some of the official HPI parts, like the axle weights, in stock.

So, please, don't say there are no parts for this truck because that's flat out wrong and will give this truck more bad rumors that it doesn't need.

Here are just a few links after a 5 second Google search.

PARTS FOR VENTUREPARTS FOR VENTURE
https://www.scalerfab.com/collection...ure-fj-cruiser
for HPI Venture TRX-4 SCX10 II Black #YA-0568BK, ,(YA-0568BK) by Yeah Racing Metal Front Bumper
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

With that being said, saying there are no mods simply isn't true. SSD has some awesome mods and STRC has their typical Chinese crap for it.

As far as Bumpers I believe its mounts are spaces the same as the SCX10 or another truck. I forget which one.

So, please, don't say there are no parts for this truck because that's flat out wrong and will give this truck more bad rumors that it doesn't need.

for HPI Venture TRX-4 SCX10 II Black #YA-0568BK, ,(YA-0568BK) by Yeah Racing Metal Front Bumper
The hole spacing for the bumpers is not the same as the SCX10 but RC4wd makes an aluminum cross member for the front and rear with holes spaced the same as the axial. That allows the use of all the bumpers that mount like that. However, the frame rails on the Venture are wider than the SCX10 and that keeps the SSD bumpers and any bumper that mounts on the outside of the frame (scalerfab, for example) from working. Honestly the only thing that mine needs now is CVD's and it's done. Here is a list of stuff that I have seen that is made for it:

Battery Tray
Links/4link conversion
Al and brass diff covers, link mounts panhard mounts
Al X-case housing
driveshafts
knuckles brass/Al
C-hubs brass/Al
sliders
High clearance skid

I think there might be more but that's all off the top of my head.
JDM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:39 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I should be getting mine soon. I'm still undecided whether to wait for the HPI links, or just grab the clubrc links that include the steering and panhard.

The only thing I really plan on doing right away are the links, and maybe the brass knuckle/c-hub.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:58 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I should be getting mine soon. I'm still undecided whether to wait for the HPI links, or just grab the clubrc links that include the steering and panhard.

The only thing I really plan on doing right away are the links, and maybe the brass knuckle/c-hub.
The steering and panhard links are already metal.
JDM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:38 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

Come on Jato...my exact words were "next to no" mods. If you go under the vehicle specific parts listing on AMain or Hobby Town and it brings up 4 pages and compare that to the 25 pages of parts listed for the TRX-4 and I'd say that qualifies as "next to no". Sugar coat it all you want, but that's the reality. And I love HPI! I love my Baja! Try doing a search for local hobby stores and see what HPI parts they offer. Most sites don't even have a clickable listing for HPI under crawling vehicles. So...don't give me the "simply isn't true"/"flat out wrong" BS...yes...it is true. I've done the searches. It's laughable. I stand by my assessment. I've looked at the nearest 12 stores within' a 3 hour driving radius of my location...sparce...at best. It's a shame. Went looking for the factory wheel well part on HPI's site...took me a while and I finally found it in ONE place called "Active Powersports" online. Try looking for the 1.9 tires listed as options for the Venture on HPI's site...the don't even exist! Only available in the 2.2's. Yet they're listed on the site as 1.9's: #67913 - ROVER 1.9 TIRE (RED/ROCK).

Saying parts made from the SCX10 fit the Venture...smh...come on man. So I'm supposed to go measure anything I see in the Axial section to see if it fits the Venture? Don't have to do that with the TRX4...for you to defend it with that...you're making apologies for it. I'm glad you listed RCMart...try searching for HPI parts listed in the "Hop Up" section of their site...9 items! Say whaaaat? That's terrible! Try to find the FJ body in clear...brutal. Again that obscure site was the only place. It's so scarce I'm afraid to order from that site for fear I'll get lost in the "back ordered" black hole...I've been there before...it's not fun. Many odd ball sites list stuff like that to get orders, but when major suppliers don't even list the part...it concerns me.

I'm not knocking the rig...I bought one! I'm pissed there's "next to nothing" offered for it! We need to get the word out that this is a good rig and hopefully get some aftermarket people to take notice and start making stuff specifically for the Venture.

Or...maybe you're right...HPI doomed it with the delayed release...which sucks.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaOldSchool View Post
Come on Jato...my exact words were "next to no" mods. If you go under the vehicle specific parts listing on AMain or Hobby Town and it brings up 4 pages and compare that to the 25 pages of parts listed for the TRX-4 and I'd say that qualifies as "next to no". Sugar coat it all you want, but that's the reality. And I love HPI! I love my Baja! Try doing a search for local hobby stores and see what HPI parts they offer. Most sites don't even have a clickable listing for HPI under crawling vehicles. So...don't give me the "simply isn't true"/"flat out wrong" BS...yes...it is true. I've done the searches. It's laughable. I stand by my assessment. I've looked at the nearest 12 stores within' a 3 hour driving radius of my location...sparce...at best. It's a shame. Went looking for the factory wheel well part on HPI's site...took me a while and I finally found it in ONE place called "Active Powersports" online. Try looking for the 1.9 tires listed as options for the Venture on HPI's site...the don't even exist! Only available in the 2.2's. Yet they're listed on the site as 1.9's: #67913 - ROVER 1.9 TIRE (RED/ROCK).

Saying parts made from the SCX10 fit the Venture...smh...come on man. So I'm supposed to go measure anything I see in the Axial section to see if it fits the Venture? Don't have to do that with the TRX4...for you to defend it with that...you're making apologies for it. I'm glad you listed RCMart...try searching for HPI parts listed in the "Hop Up" section of their site...9 items! Say whaaaat? That's terrible! Try to find the FJ body in clear...brutal. Again that obscure site was the only place. It's so scarce I'm afraid to order from that site for fear I'll get lost in the "back ordered" black hole...I've been there before...it's not fun. Many odd ball sites list stuff like that to get orders, but when major suppliers don't even list the part...it concerns me.

I'm not knocking the rig...I bought one! I'm pissed there's "next to nothing" offered for it! We need to get the word out that this is a good rig and hopefully get some aftermarket people to take notice and start making stuff specifically for the Venture.

Or...maybe you're right...HPI doomed it with the delayed release...which sucks.
Next to nothing is pretty much nothing. My 5 second Google searched yielded more than "next to nothing". Yes, compared to other trucks it doesn't have a huge market, but it still has a market.

Now I regret helping you at all. Good luck with your search on the parts.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:50 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Next to nothing is pretty much nothing. My 5 second Google searched yielded more than "next to nothing". Yes, compared to other trucks it doesn't have a huge market, but it still has a market.

Now I regret helping you at all. Good luck with your search on the parts.
Helping me...is that what that was?

Yeah I had already found the roughly 10 parts you listed. The same small group on every site but thanks for the condescending tone that definitely was a big help.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:00 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Helping me...is that what that was?

Yeah I had already found the roughly 10 parts you listed. The same small group on every site but thanks for the condescending tone that definitely was a big help.
I don't know if you mean to or not because it's hard to tell with words sometimes but I've seen it several times with your posts, you ask a question then you go off on what seems to be a rant when you don't get the answer you're looking for or if someone doesn't agree with you. Just sayin
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:21 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Went looking for the factory wheel well part on HPI's site...took me a while and I finally found it in ONE place called "Active Powersports" online.
Word of advice. Don't do it.

Do a google search on "Active Powersports"
Old 12-18-2018, 12:24 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Word of advice. Don't do it.

Do a google search on "Active Powersports"

Yeah I was afraid of that...thanks for the heads up. I was about to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2018, 12:30 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Nothing is ever "Out of Stock" with them, and they'll take your money before they let you know it is... which could be months to never.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:31 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
I don't know if you mean to or not because it's hard to tell with words sometimes but I've seen it several times with your posts, you ask a question then you go off on what seems to be a rant when you don't get the answer you're looking for or if someone doesn't agree with you. Just sayin

Yeah...I actually posted this here in the Venture section to commiserate with fellow owners over how few options we have to personalize these rigs, and see if anyone found a reputable site to get good upgrades beyond what’s on the Amain/Hobby Town/Fleabay/Amazon.

I just don’t like being called names (applied or inferred. It’s a thing with me. lol)

But I see your point, and point taken.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:35 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yeah...I actually posted this here in the Venture section to commiserate with fellow owners over how few options we have to personalize these rigs, and see if anyone found a reputable site to get good upgrades beyond what’s on the Amain/Hobby Town/Fleabay/Amazon.

I just don’t like being called names (applied or inferred. It’s a thing with me. lol)

But I see your point, and point taken.

When you first came on this board guns blazing it was like... whoa... calm down there fella.

Just take it easy man. It's just the internet. You'll be alright.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:45 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM74 View Post
However, the frame rails on the Venture are wider than the SCX10 and that keeps the SSD bumpers and any bumper that mounts on the outside of the frame (scalerfab, for example) from working.
Wertymade says the majority of his SCX10 bumpers will fit the Venture if you mount them inside the frame rail.

svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:47 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

After reading some more... looks like battery tray is one of the first mods out there I want to do. Is there anything out there yet? Maybe some 3D printed designs on thingiverse?
Old 12-18-2018, 01:17 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
After reading some more... looks like battery tray is one of the first mods out there I want to do. Is there anything out there yet? Maybe some 3D printed designs on thingiverse?

I was watching a vid though of the steel sliders (that I’m leaning toward since I can’t find the OEM wheel wells) and they look awesome! BUT the battery tray won’t work with those sliders apparently.

https://youtu.be/GIT9RTCLn5M

Old 12-18-2018, 01:19 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Wertymade says the majority of his SCX10 bumpers will fit the Venture if you mount them inside the frame rail.

That bumper looks pretty good! Gotta go see if it’s winch capable.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:06 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I was watching a vid though of the steel sliders (that I’m leaning toward since I can’t find the OEM wheel wells) and they look awesome! BUT the battery tray won’t work with those sliders apparently.

https://youtu.be/GIT9RTCLn5M

If you are talking about the lexan wheel wells to the best of my knowledge they haven't been released yet I could be wrong so please don't yell at me too

I don't have a Venture (yet). With that being said there are upgrades out there.
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Wow...now I see why... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
michael winslow... wow, just wow foproy Chit Chat 10 10-20-2011 10:46 PM
for anyone that plays WoW or thinks people screaming about WoW is funny clod booster Chit Chat 24 12-22-2006 11:14 AM