Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > HPI Venture

Notices

Thread: Venture ESC question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2018, 03:32 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Venture ESC question

Can’t seem to get reverse to work in my venture. It has the stock hpi sc-3swp3 crawler spec speed control. Forward works fine. When I try reverse, the esc just blinks red quickly. The jumpers only adjust drag brake and battery type. I cannot find any other info on it it terms of resetting it or calibration etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks
flat6extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2018, 09:12 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Venture ESC question

Hey man, my internet troubleshooting points to a faulty ESC. So while it'd be nice to find some programming or calibration settings to adjust, I don't think the stock HPI ESC has any of that stuff.

Sounds unfortunately, like a warranty claim if you're running a new Venture.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:48 AM   #3
RCC Addict

What radio are you using? Does it have ABS enabled?

Did it work before?

Have your tried rebinding it?

Are you sure the motor is good?
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:32 AM   #4

Hi guys, a newbie here and to the hobby itself.

I have a question & I really hope you guys can help me figure things out.
I recently purchased my first ever RC vehicle, the hpi venture. Everything's stock except for a cheap 20kg annimos servo that was thrown along with the package which I ended up changing myself.Was running it the other day and i got a bit carried away and drove it through some really wet and muddy stuff. Switched it off soon after. Took it home and spend a good couple of hours cleaning it up. There was mud all over the place.
Tried turning it on and found that the esc didnt make the usual beeping sound during start up. The steering works fine but there's no throttle response. The esc just keeps blinking when I pull on the throttle. No sound from the motor either. I tried switching the servo & throttle ports in the receiver. Still nothing.
What could be the problem? Will I need to replace the ESC or the motor? or is there an easy fix?

Thanks
SCARFACE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:37 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE5 View Post
Hi guys, a newbie here and to the hobby itself.

I have a question & I really hope you guys can help me figure things out.
I recently purchased my first ever RC vehicle, the hpi venture. Everything's stock except for a cheap 20kg annimos servo that was thrown along with the package which I ended up changing myself.Was running it the other day and i got a bit carried away and drove it through some really wet and muddy stuff. Switched it off soon after. Took it home and spend a good couple of hours cleaning it up. There was mud all over the place.
Tried turning it on and found that the esc didnt make the usual beeping sound during start up. The steering works fine but there's no throttle response. The esc just keeps blinking when I pull on the throttle. No sound from the motor either. I tried switching the servo & throttle ports in the receiver. Still nothing.
What could be the problem? Will I need to replace the ESC or the motor? or is there an easy fix?

Thanks

Could be a dirty motor. Rinse it thoroughly with clean water, dry it completely (use compressed air if you have it) and oil the bearings. Try that.

Also, see if the motor engages by giving the truck a push while you apply some throttle - that can show you if the motor is worn out.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:48 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

As Queso said, the motor is the most likely culprit among other possibilities.

Brushed motor bearings tend to die quickly when exposed to excessive mud/dirt/sand/dust/water. If those bearings are toasted, then the motor shaft will be too seized up to spin.

Fortunately, if a dead motor is the case, they're fairly cheap and easy to replace.

Let us know what ends up fixing it.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote

Venture ESC question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MT Venture TAT76 HPI Venture 51 01-29-2020 12:32 AM
All out venture hoghead5150 HPI Venture 5 11-25-2018 10:03 PM
The venture is here! Jfrisch01 HPI Venture 127 03-06-2018 07:34 PM
My HPI Venture is on it's way... QuesoDelDiablo 1.9 Scale Rigs 86 11-29-2017 04:58 PM
Another venture. aubie Chit Chat 6 12-25-2005 05:35 AM