Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > HPI Venture

Notices

Thread: A swedish Venture...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2019, 04:28 PM   #41
Rock Stacker

Default Re: A swedish Venture...

So I got around to try it out today with the new upgrades done.
I felt it to be less keen to tip over on the side than before with the added weight with brass hubs and metal links, so I'm very happy with how it turned out! Also, the 4-link suspension in the rear felt great with the extra flex it provided. And I'm still very impressed by these LouiseRC (same as Duratrax) Rowdy-tires that I'm running on it now. Seems to work on just about anything, even though the rocks were pretty slippery today since it's been raining last few days. On the purple Power wagon (SCX10 gen1) that I built for my girlfriend I'm using the Proline Hyrax tires and they did not work close to as good as the cheap (almost half the price for a set) LouiseRC tires on any surface today.

Some pictures from today

MartinKyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2019, 04:40 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Nice!! I used Louiserc tyres a few years ago when racing. They were good tyres and prices. Never knew they did these.

Last edited by M1tch; 05-13-2019 at 05:32 PM. Reason: grammar
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:26 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

You should try them out if you get the chance. Tried 3 of their threads: Rowdy (latest pictures), Champ and Griffin. All very good at the price but Rowdy has been the most impressive, although I'm not a fan of how they look.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:31 AM   #44
RCC Addict

I will have a look, but got so many tyres another set would be a bit ridiculous lol.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:30 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

The steel gmade wheels on mine with the broken in pitbull rock beasts and soft ci lil nova foams seems to be the winning combo for me, I need to see how much it weighs now, but its not heavy...
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:22 PM   #46
Rock Stacker

@M1tch Haha I know the feeling! I have like 6 sets of tires mounted on wheels now...

@allanon1965 Never tried pitbull, might have to add a set to the collection too. Also never tried any other than stock foams of whatever came with the tires. Might be worth looking into as well
Old 05-19-2019, 03:53 PM   #47
Rock Stacker

Talking Re: A swedish Venture...

Some more driving today on the beach (of a lake, so no salt!) and the surrounding rock/forrest.

Jerry-rigged my old "stinger" bumper from my old SCX10 clone (holes did not line up etc) with zipties before commiting to figure out how to mount it properly. Looks like crap (as does the taped up headlight ) but worked really well so going to see how I can fit it better. Overall still very happy with the truck. Of course there is always room for improvement but next step might be another body, eventhough I've started to like the looks of the FJ. But I'm thinking something with a lower rear (as in no SUV) and less rear overhang/to get the rear bumper closer tucked in. But we'll see.

Some pictures of the day

Old 06-14-2019, 04:46 PM   #48
Rock Stacker

Ended up with a Ford Bronco body from HPI on my Venture yesterday since it was pretty "cheap" and close by at work. The idea is not that it is supposed to be all the pretty, just less weight up high than the stock venture + less overhang front and rear. So no lightbar on the roof, scale stuff etc. . Could not keep from putting some led's front and rear though.
Painted with Tamiya metallic purple and backed with black. Also the wheelbase was not 100% perfect but trimmed the wheel housings abit to make it fit without rubbing
Keeping the stock FJ body too though, just need to do som "fixing up" on the front end that is pretty beat up by now...

Old 06-15-2019, 01:21 AM   #49
RCC Addict

Nice. I have a similar HPI Land Rover body on my 1st Ascender. It's a bit beaten up now. I think it was intended for the Savage, but is a good fit.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:59 AM   #50
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1tch View Post
Nice. I have a similar HPI Land Rover body on my 1st Ascender. It's a bit beaten up now. I think it was intended for the Savage, but is a good fit.
Thanks! Turned out better than I hoped and the purple is growing om me

Oh I remember that Land Rover from HPI. They have made tons of really cool and well made bodies over the years, just to bad most seem to be discontinued :(

A swedish Venture... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swedish granite kamikazekalle Videos! 6 11-29-2010 02:48 AM
Swedish Jero gurraen Tamiya XC/CC01 4 06-11-2010 01:48 PM
Swedish F-350 TEN General Scale Talk 12 11-27-2006 10:58 PM
Another swedish rccrawler ;-) mt_power Videos! 1 04-11-2006 03:17 PM
The Swedish Stick mr_svensson Videos! 8 03-31-2006 06:07 PM