RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   HPI Venture (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/hpi-venture/)
-   -   For those waiting on the SBK to arrive in the US (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/hpi-venture/607067-those-waiting-sbk-arrive-us.html)

GA Dawg 03-11-2019 02:41 PM

For those waiting on the SBK to arrive in the US

Go ahead and pick one up from this eBay seller.

I placed my order on the 6th. It shipped out of Taiwan on the 7th and arrived on my doorstep on the 11th. I have ordered things from RPP that have taken longer to show up.

The only caveat is that it required a signature. If you order one, make sure to send it somewhere there will be someone to sign for it.

QuesoDelDiablo 03-12-2019 10:55 AM

Re: For those waiting on the SBK to arrive in the US

Bugger. They don't ship to Canada.

GA Dawg 03-12-2019 12:23 PM

That's strange. I wonder what the reason is.

carpetfuzz17 03-12-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo (Post 5917654)
Bugger. They don't ship to Canada.

It's Canada :lmao:

Seriously that is strange :shock: I would say if you know someone in the states have it shipped there and then have them ship to you it's the long way around but it would be worth it

QuesoDelDiablo 03-14-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GA Dawg (Post 5917707)
That's strange. I wonder what the reason is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 (Post 5917728)
It's Canada :lmao:

Seriously that is strange :shock: I would say if you know someone in the states have it shipped there and then have them ship to you it's the long way around but it would be worth it

Lol, I don't know what their deal is but I've been messaging them and they've said they'll ship to Canada. They just haven't given me a method to actually buy it from them since the ebay listing won't let me. I'm hoping to get it all worked out today/tonight..

I did think about having it sent my dad in NYC but by the time I pay the extra for shipping from Eastern US to Western Canada, it makes the kit more expensive than I'm willing to pay. I also considered using a shipping depot that's about 2 hours south of me, but the time, the gas, the border tax and the hassle make doing that a bit of a pain..

HumboldtEF 03-14-2019 11:55 AM

Just to add I received my SBK pre-order from Amain (US distributor) yesterday. I have a feeling they had limited stock though.

goobs 03-14-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 5918554)
Just to add I received my SBK pre-order from Amain (US distributor) yesterday. I have a feeling they had limited stock though.

hopefully that means ill get mine today or tomorrow.

M1tch 03-15-2019 09:40 AM

I guess everbody is busy reading the manual or gone straight into building their SBK. 8)

GA Dawg 03-15-2019 01:26 PM

I actually haven't touched mine at all yet. Hopefully I'll get sometime this weekend to start on it.

mikemcE 03-15-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 5918554)

"thumbsup""thumbsup"

Odd. Ive been looking at AMain and they never had shown a stock just preorder with no date.

HumboldtEF 03-15-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcE (Post 5918944)
"thumbsup""thumbsup"

Odd. Ive been looking at AMain and they never had shown a stock just preorder with no date.

Yeah I even went back to check when I got my shipping notice and it still said preorder. Maybe the pre-order was fully sold so they couldn't show it in stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M1tch (Post 5918846)
I guess everbody is busy reading the manual or gone straight into building their SBK. 8)

Yep between this and another build I dont have much time to twiddle my thumbs anymore

carpetfuzz17 03-15-2019 06:31 PM

Been busy this week. I have looked at it some. Still figuring out how I want to do things also. Shox are going to be the first things I build. I am very curious about them

HumboldtEF 03-15-2019 07:54 PM

I really like the shocks, I just put them together last night. The O rings that they use are really stiff rubber which isnt what I'm used to seeing but I get the idea. Theres less of a need to squish the O ring for a good seal at least I assume. Anyway they feel buttery smooth without springs, I cant feel resistance at the rings which is how I like it, let the oil do the work not friction.

carpetfuzz17 03-15-2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 5919057)
I really like the shocks, I just put them together last night. The O rings that they use are really stiff rubber which isnt what I'm used to seeing but I get the idea. Theres less of a need to squish the O ring for a good seal at least I assume. Anyway they feel buttery smooth without springs, I cant feel resistance at the rings which is how I like it, let the oil do the work not friction.

Thanks for the info "thumbsup"

I am kinda of a shox nut. I am even more curious now about the o rings. I still will treat them to a bath in my favorite o ring lubricant. :mrgreen:

HumboldtEF 03-15-2019 09:11 PM

Yep I greased up mine with Green Slime. On some other shocks even after the slime I'll feel sticky O rings, Definitely not these though.

M1tch 03-15-2019 09:20 PM

Yeah, the shocks are nice to build. I also used green slime. I was going to put some of my favorite Gmade shocks on, but the stock ones are good enough quality to keep. I wonder if different rate springs are available?

HumboldtEF 03-15-2019 09:27 PM

They work with SCX10 and Ascender springs, though the Venture's are closer to 16mm compared to 15mm. I just test fitted them and they do fit though.

M1tch 03-15-2019 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 (Post 5919043)
Been busy this week. I have looked at it some. Still figuring out how I want to do things also. Shox are going to be the first things I build. I am very curious about them

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 5919057)

I built mine quite late on. Nice shocks as I was considering using some of my favorite Gmade shocks, but these are good quality, so didn't even bother. Also used Green Slime.

I'm wondering if different rate springs are available? I haven;t looked on HPI's site though.

carpetfuzz17 03-15-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 5919084)
Yep I greased up mine with Green Slime. On some other shocks even after the slime I'll feel sticky O rings, Definitely not these though.

I used to use Green Slime but have been hooked on the Avid Slop for a couple of years now. Comes in I nice little container with screw on lid. Once you run out you have a nice little container for small parts after you clean it out.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4d647368da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M1tch 03-15-2019 09:41 PM

Interesting. I only use Green Slime because it's all I have heard of. I found some thin grease at work meant to help electrical cables slde through grommets as fixing. I wonder how good that would work. Theres a possibility that it might dry out over time though.