Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > HPI Venture

Notices

Thread: Venture Max Gear down Motor Mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2019, 10:33 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Venture Max Gear down Motor Mount

I've made up a replacement motor/servo mount that will allow gearing down to a 10T pinion. modifications to the motor plate are required.

I've uploaded the motor mount to Thingiverse where you can download it for free
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3569491

There are some things to keep in mind with this print, there's one hole needing tapping as I simply cant add any more material to get clearance for the max gear down (which is the whole goal of this). This hole may split open even if its tapped but it can be glued up with CA, install an M3 in this hole when doing this. Even after splitting this hole I didn't have any issues stripping it but be careful not to overtighten.

the stock button head screw needs to be replace with a 15-16mm socket head M3 for clearance.

You will also need to slot the motor mount holes. The center hole and the slotted hole need to be extended along with the plastic piece to get as low as possible. I didn't measure but i think it may have been 3-4mm in the center and 4-8mm on the motor mount slot/hole

You will need to install the servo and spacers before you connect it the the transmission.

I also include some 5mm servo spacers in the download that correct the steering geometry and align the steering and panhard links. If you use these you'll need four 15 or 16mm tapered head m3's. The servo mount also requires four M3 locknuts.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 04-16-2019 at 11:19 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2019, 11:22 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Venture Max Gear down Motor Mount

Nice work man!
soze is online now   Reply With Quote

Venture Max Gear down Motor Mount - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vanquish motor mount/ gear guard desertdude Axial SCX-10 7 12-08-2016 11:26 AM
Which locktite for motor pinion gear set screw and mount bracket? Ca. Off Roader Vaterra Twin Hammers 2 01-15-2016 06:23 PM
The Gasman's motor mounted battery electonics gear mount measurements The gasman Electronics 2 05-30-2013 07:59 PM
Motor mount plate, gear upgrade and bearings? ik632 Axial XR10 9 01-17-2012 04:43 PM