Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > HPI Venture
Loading

Notices

Thread: LC70 Venture Time

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2019, 09:27 AM   #1
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member
 
R2j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Parkston, SD
Posts: 4,330
Default LC70 Venture Time

Starting with a SBK that I picked up on here last week, couldn't pass up the deal! It came with some nice upgrades and a bunch of new extras and take offs including ESC, servo and a couple of motors. This will be my Class 1 rig.

Parts List:

- Killer Body LC70

- Killer Body detailed interior

- Loops Rubber Flares

- CCHand Trifecta bumper

- Pit Bull PBX AT 1.9 tires

- RC4WD Tango Down 1.9 wheels

- Locked Up RC scale hubs

- Locked Up RC scale hardware

- SSD aluminum C-Hubs

- SSD brass knuckles

- STRC brass lock outs

- Savox 1230 servo

- HW 1080 ESC

- Brood 35t

- Deadloc t-case

Took this and turned it.....
Name:  Venture42.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  90.9 KB

Name:  Venture43.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  59.1 KB

Name:  Venture45.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  89.5 KB

into this
Name:  Venture51.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  82.1 KB




Last edited by R2j; 11-18-2019 at 10:11 AM.
R2j is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2019, 04:10 PM   #2
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: pasadena, tx
Posts: 1,098
Default Re: LC70 Venture Time

Nice parts list!
i need to build the 2 i got...you've given me an idea.
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:45 PM   #3
Tiny Truck Hoarder
 
HumboldtEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Humboldt county
Posts: 2,347
Default Re: LC70 Venture Time

Nice solid start!

I really like that front bumper, I've been trying to figure out which one to run for my Trail King LC70. I'm curious if this bumper allows you to push it inwards any more? I'm not afraid to modify mounts if thats all it needs.

Oh and those Pit Bull PBX's are great too, a really underrated tire.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:00 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: San Marcos
Posts: 193
Default Re: LC70 Venture Time

Very solid looking start. I'm interested to see where you take take this.

I see you've chosen to leave the stock shocks alone at least temporarily which I think is a smart choice. The stock shocks are pretty nice (even though I've replaced mine).
Fallen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:44 PM   #5
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member
 
R2j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Parkston, SD
Posts: 4,330
Default Re: LC70 Venture Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobs View Post
Nice parts list!
i need to build the 2 i got...you've given me an idea.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Nice solid start!

I really like that front bumper, I've been trying to figure out which one to run for my Trail King LC70. I'm curious if this bumper allows you to push it inwards any more? I'm not afraid to modify mounts if thats all it needs.

Oh and those Pit Bull PBX's are great too, a really underrated tire.
Thank you!
Here are a few pictures of the bumper mount and how I mounted it. It just worked out that the bumper had two holes in the mount that matched the pin hole on the chassis bumper mount. In the picture it is mounted in the furthest rear hole, but I moved it up to the first hole to get the wheel base right on.
Name:  20191115_213619-600x800.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  61.3 KB

Name:  20191115_213634-600x800.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  155.3 KB

Name:  20191115_213642-600x800.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  66.0 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
Very solid looking start. I'm interested to see where you take take this.

I see you've chosen to leave the stock shocks alone at least temporarily which I think is a smart choice. The stock shocks are pretty nice (even though I've replaced mine).
Thank you!
I ordered a pair of SSD's for the front and pictures show what I am doing in the rear to keep the bed clear of holes. I will most likely pick up a different set for the rear too.

Some work to come will be bobbing the bed, paint details, full light kit and sliders to start. I also have a set of the wider rubber fender flares coming from Loops to get full tire coverage and open up the front wheel opening.


Name:  20191115_213647-800x600.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  125.3 KB

Name:  20191115_213704-800x600.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  141.8 KB
R2j is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:11 AM   #6
Tiny Truck Hoarder
 
HumboldtEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Humboldt county
Posts: 2,347
Default Re: LC70 Venture Time

Thanks for the bumper pictures I was scouring the internet last night for different angles so these are great.

I dont know if you have a 3D printer or not but I've made a printable jig for bobbing the LC70 bed, it removes 40mm off the rear of the bed. I was planning to post it on Thingiverse eventually, let me know if that would help you at all and I'll put it up (it was a 35 hour print though). You can see pictures in my Trail king build thread (posts 16 and 20) HumboldtEF's LC70 SSD Trail King

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 11-16-2019 at 11:15 AM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 10:07 AM   #7
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member
 
R2j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Parkston, SD
Posts: 4,330
Default Re: LC70 Venture Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Thanks for the bumper pictures I was scouring the internet last night for different angles so these are great.

I dont know if you have a 3D printer or not but I've made a printable jig for bobbing the LC70 bed, it removes 40mm off the rear of the bed. I was planning to post it on Thingiverse eventually, let me know if that would help you at all and I'll put it up (it was a 35 hour print though). You can see pictures in my Trail king build thread (posts 16 and 20) HumboldtEF's LC70 SSD Trail King
No problem, I figured they would help. There are a couple of other mount pieces that come with the bumper, I'll get a picture of the bumper assembled tonight.

I've been looking at printers, but haven't picked one up yet. Honestly though, the LC is by far one of the easiest beds to bob with the tailgate/bed end coming as a separate piece.

Here's a picture of my last LC70 on a SCX10.2 chassis...so basically this is how it will look when I'm done minus the bed bar.

Name:  LC1.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  172.8 KB

R2j is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:58 AM   #8
MEOW
 
Natedog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wackifornia
Posts: 11,683
Default Re: LC70 Venture Time

Dang that LC-70 body is hawt, are you gluing it together and cutting out the extra styrene internal bracing? IE in the roof area to lowere COG?

Edit: Hmmm just looked at the Killerbody LC70 again and they show the roof as molded in, maybe the ones I"m thinking of were the early version bodies?
Found they list differences in old and new body kits, but didn't see the internal cab/roof cross bracing mentioned, here:
https://store.killerbody.com/product...it-diy-version

Last edited by Natedog; 11-18-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:43 AM   #9
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member
 
R2j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Parkston, SD
Posts: 4,330
Default Re: LC70 Venture Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Dang that LC-70 body is hawt, are you gluing it together and cutting out the extra styrene internal bracing? IE in the roof area to lowere COG?

Edit: Hmmm just looked at the Killerbody LC70 again and they show the roof as molded in, maybe the ones I"m thinking of were the early version bodies?
Found they list differences in old and new body kits, but didn't see the internal cab/roof cross bracing mentioned, here:
https://store.killerbody.com/product...it-diy-version
Thanks! Wish I would have keep that one, but hey I'm building a new one now. This build I'm using the second gen body and the previous build was a first gen. Neither have any extra bracing in the roof area, they both are molded with the cab.
R2j is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:37 PM   #10
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member
 
R2j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Parkston, SD
Posts: 4,330
Default Re: LC70 Venture Time

Small update, I got side tracked by my Enduro build. Painted the engine compartment and behind the grill area along with the interior. I also received my fender flares from Loops today, installed one quick to take a picture. If you have never used them they are made from a hard but flexible rubber that you glue to the body and
if wanted, you can drill through the body and flare to secure in addition to the glue. You will need to trim a couple of spots in the front since they increase the wheel well opening a bit, rear is just right. Fit and finish is perfect.
Name:  20191118_182201-800x600.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  135.9 KB

Name:  20191118_182328-800x600.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  85.6 KB

Name:  20191119_184806-800x600.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  108.6 KB

Name:  20191119_184903-800x600.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  108.4 KB

Name:  20191119_184829-800x600.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  124.0 KB


Last edited by R2j; 11-19-2019 at 11:30 PM.
R2j is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:14 PM   #11
Tiny Truck Hoarder
 
HumboldtEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Humboldt county
Posts: 2,347
Default Re: LC70 Venture Time

I really like those flares, I wish I knew about those before installing the Killer Body set.
I cant seem to find those on their site, how wide are they?

EDIT: Never mind google found them, 10mm each and 20mm wider overall. http://www.rc4x4-shop.com/Toyota-Lan...r-Set-d259.htm

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 11-19-2019 at 08:17 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:57 AM   #12
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member
 
R2j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Parkston, SD
Posts: 4,330
Default Re: LC70 Venture Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I really like those flares, I wish I knew about those before installing the Killer Body set.
I cant seem to find those on their site, how wide are they?

EDIT: Never mind google found them, 10mm each and 20mm wider overall. Body Accessories | Toyota Land Cruiser 70 (Killerbody) Rubber Fender Set |
Here's a size comparison.

Name:  20191120_080329-800x600 (2).jpg
Views: 84
Size:  112.1 KB

Making some progress! The Killer Body option detailed interior is a real nice piece. Went together perfect and has a ton of detail. Seat base, back and headrest have a plastic skeleton that get clad in a rubber cover, headrests move up and down and seats ride on tracks that allow them the to move back and forth. Another feature is the LED back lit gauge cluster and center dash area, very cool. Next purchase will be the option parts to make the doors and hood open and the windows to roll up and down.

Body is just about done, minus bobbing the bed.

Name:  20191121_191827-800x600.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  152.6 KB

Name:  20191121_191813-800x600.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  120.4 KB

Name:  20191121_225943-800x600 (2).jpg
Views: 84
Size:  113.6 KB

Name:  20191121_230302-800x600 (2).jpg
Views: 83
Size:  143.9 KB

Name:  20191121_230253-800x600-800x600 (2).jpg
Views: 83
Size:  166.0 KB
R2j is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:57 AM   #13
Tiny Truck Hoarder
 
HumboldtEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Humboldt county
Posts: 2,347
Default Re: LC70 Venture Time

The interior looks great! I've been waffling on whether to order it but now I have to get one

Does it have to option to be right or left hand drive like the stock dash(s)?

One thing I found about my set of doors was that there are a few bits on the inside getting in the way of it aligning nicely. There are 3 round features on the bottom from the molding process I guess. I shaved them down and got a much better fit, one side was okay to start and the other was very poor. I just used a razer and scraped side to side, sanding seemed like it would have taken ages.

You're making great progress, definitely pushing me to get back to work on mine!
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 12:10 PM   #14
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Holland
Posts: 582
Default Re: LC70 Venture Time

Sexay!
4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:20 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: San Marcos
Posts: 193
Default Re: LC70 Venture Time

Yeah man, that interior is some next level shit. Maybe I'll sell my full size truck and buy your Venture to drive around in.
Fallen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:27 PM   #16
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member
 
R2j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Parkston, SD
Posts: 4,330
Default Re: LC70 Venture Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
The interior looks great! I've been waffling on whether to order it but now I have to get one

Does it have to option to be right or left hand drive like the stock dash(s)?

One thing I found about my set of doors was that there are a few bits on the inside getting in the way of it aligning nicely. There are 3 round features on the bottom from the molding process I guess. I shaved them down and got a much better fit, one side was okay to start and the other was very poor. I just used a razer and scraped side to side, sanding seemed like it would have taken ages.

You're making great progress, definitely pushing me to get back to work on mine!
It comes with both dashes, and two sets of gauge clusters and LEDs.

I didn't have any trouble with my doors, it all seemed to fit well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd4ws View Post
Sexay!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
Yeah man, that interior is some next level shit. Maybe I'll sell my full size truck and buy your Venture to drive around in.
It's pretty cool, and the price showed it.
R2j is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:03 AM   #17
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member
 
R2j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Parkston, SD
Posts: 4,330
Default Re: LC70 Venture Time

Not much to update yet, waiting for some more parts to come in. Ordered the hood and door hinge kits. Door kit comes with the operable window mechanism.

Name:  48611_03_2400x.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  49.5 KB

Name:  48610_07_2400x.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  33.8 KB
R2j is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



LC70 Venture Time - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LC70 on TF2 morocho1979 Paint and Body 2 03-29-2019 10:44 AM
1/14 lc70? seedburns General Scale Talk 3 02-03-2018 12:34 PM
LC70 1.9 build nurgs Axial SCX-10 19 01-21-2018 06:35 AM
LC70 Questions asimmd Axial SCX10 II 11 11-21-2017 05:04 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com