RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   HPI Venture (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/hpi-venture/)
-   -   Any tips for more steering angle? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/hpi-venture/616475-any-tips-more-steering-angle.html)

crazee horse 03-21-2020 03:44 AM

Any tips for more steering angle?

As the title says I guess. I have cvds but they have made no difference at all, and my exponential is as far as its needed but my turning circle I feel could be a lot better, so fire away with ya tips! 👀

meatmonkey 03-22-2020 07:29 AM

Re: Any tips for more steering angle?

If you look at the kit directions it shows a minor amount of trimming done to the steering stops to allow additional steering angle.

crazee horse 03-22-2020 04:33 PM

Mine was rtr but I'll get on it cheers bro

QuesoDelDiablo 03-23-2020 10:25 AM

YOu need bump up end points, not Expo to push the servo further.

As mentioned, you can (and should) trim down the steering stops and that's the path to maxing out the steering angle on the Venture. It won't get 10.2 good, but it can get better than Venture rtr..

Also, if you've deleted the stock servo saver (if you haven't, you should. It limits steering angle and feel.) make sure you've also shimmed the servo down in order to maintain the stock push rod angle (aka: servo horn position). Not adjusting the servo position makes it really hard to get the steering set-up properly without using a longer push rod.

crazee horse 03-23-2020 11:06 AM

Nice one cheers ��

R2j 05-03-2020 11:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Like this?????? "thumbsup";-)

Attachment 389118

Attachment 389119

meatmonkey 10-26-2020 03:02 PM

What kind of shafts are you using to allow that much steering angle? Ive converted mine to Ascender cvd's and it has decent max angle, but not like that!

TheLetterJ 10-26-2020 04:57 PM

Looks like R2j might have these: https://store.rc4wd.com/XVD-Universa...re_p_7508.html

Given the choice, I'd always choose a u-jointed shaft over a "cvd" at this scale. The u-joints allow more steering angle out of the box, and with some minor Dremel work can usually achieve 50-60° without binding. All the "cv" type axles for 1/10 scale are actually just universals (not actually constant velocity joints) with a round yoke instead of a "U" yoke, so there's really no benefit to them anyway.

Looks like he's got some fairly large hubs on there to allow for the extra angle, a small inwards bend on the lower front links would be worthwhile to help reduce tire rub. Maybe add a spacer between the lower links and their mounts at the axle to inboard them 5mm or so too.

R2j 10-27-2020 07:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes I'm running the RC4WD shafts, plus I have turned the servo around, shimmed it down roughly 3mm in front and 1.5mm in the rear and slightly clearance the lower edge of the frame rail.

Yes I'm running .850 hubs, but only to get the track width I was after. It does give me a bit more, but not a ton more. Picture with stock wheels and tires.

Attachment 392063

crawler2.2 02-22-2021 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatmonkey (Post 6006424)
If you look at the kit directions it shows a minor amount of trimming done to the steering stops to allow additional steering angle.

I looked at the sbk instructions and can't seem to find this?

Givit_Alil_Bump 03-18-2021 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawler2.2 (Post 6070043)
I looked at the sbk instructions and can't seem to find this?

It is a small bump on the C-hub carriers that acts as a stop. One on each C-hub.

I just did some steering modifications to my Venture and put a video on youtube. I have brass C-hubs so I have not trimmed mine. I believe the SSD Alum C-Hubs did not have the stops. You can see them clearly in the video @ 6:10.

https://youtu.be/VzixkWQKrOU

I had to space out my panhard mount to get full stop swing. Also, as stated above had to space the servo down with no servo saver. Spacer on the servo arm as well to make up for the size of the servo saver.

Goro Majima 05-07-2021 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R2j (Post 6050347)
Yes I'm running the RC4WD shafts, plus I have turned the servo around, shimmed it down roughly 3mm in front and 1.5mm in the rear and slightly clearance the lower edge of the frame rail.

Yes I'm running .850 hubs, but only to get the track width I was after. It does give me a bit more, but not a ton more. Picture with stock wheels and tires.

Attachment 392063

Thanks for sharing this! I'm awaiting just the axles now!