Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > HPI Venture

Notices

Thread: Just picked up a Venture

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2020, 04:15 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Just picked up a Venture

When I saw this truck online, I basically fell in love with it. The body style and layout really caught my eye. The only problem was finding one. They are out of stock everywhere. The one place that has one (RC Mart) has a shipping charge of 120$usd to Canada !! Pretty insane ...

I then talked to my local hobby shop to find out he had one in his personal collection that he ran once in a snow bank. It's brand new !

It's now sitting at home waiting for a few parts I ordered. I'm changing the servo, installing RC crawler links. Because of the price I paid for the (used ) Venture, I also managed to pickup an extra body and an HPI Venture SBK from Ebay. So with my project budget I'll have 2 Ventures !
charlesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2020, 09:56 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Just picked up a Venture

Good to hear. Venture is a good driving truck, just a shame it has had a bad history. Hopefully they will be around for a while yet.
M1tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:15 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Excellent, welcome to the club!

I love my Venture so much that I bought an SBK just to keep for spare parts...

Sounds like you've already been doing some research so you know that the stock servo is NFG, I'd also strongly suggest you delete the servo saver - I don't know what HPI was thinking when they spec'd a servo saver in a crawler. To do that, you need to shim the servo down in order to maintain the steering geometry - the servo saver stands about 5-7mm higher off the servo than a metal horn. I could send you some printable files for spacers if you want.

The other thing that can be highly beneficial to this rig is moving the battery forward - if you (or anyone you know) has a 3d printer, I designed one that works really well (I sold them for a while and I still believe my design is the best on the market but I'm too lazy to market it), I'd be happy to send you the printable files.

I also strongly recommend aluminum c-hubs and steering knuckles. There's some decent ones on eBay.

Oh yeah, you're in Canada so shipping might not be too insane. If you need those parts I mentioned printed, pm and maybe we can work something out.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:57 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Hi QuesoDelDiablo,

I just sent you a pm.

I'll be using the servo horn that comes with the servo. It's an aluminum servo horn so I'll have to get creative or use the spacers.

Moving the battery tray forward sounds logical.
charlesd is offline   Reply With Quote

Just picked up a Venture - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just picked this up... 1tonblazer Tamiya Bruiser 10 01-03-2018 02:41 AM
Picked up another jk Alamo71 Axial SCX-10 0 10-12-2014 08:29 PM
just picked one up rock hard Team Losi Comp Crawler 8 05-22-2010 07:33 PM
Picked up a CR-01! lt. Tamiya CR-01 2 08-18-2009 07:07 AM
Something different I just picked up 1BadJeepBruiser Chit Chat 20 12-06-2005 12:40 AM