Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > HPI Venture

Notices

Thread: new to me venture

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2020, 12:42 PM   #1

Default new to me venture

just picked up a stock venture looking for most common upgrades to truck. i read up on servo as well as replacing (plastic) links anything else on them that needs attention. thanks .and what links should i go with
straight6zj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2020, 05:15 AM   #2

Default Re: new to me venture

you guys are so informative on this forum thanks i appreciate it
Old 10-29-2020, 06:17 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Have you done any searching in the forum? I'm new to this as well but found it's easier to read other build threads and comments than it is to get guys to re-explain something that has been discussed for several years. Not trying to be smart, just been in a lot of forums for various hobbies and have noticed if it isn't the latest/greatest thing it's not going to get a lot of traffic. Now if you had bought a new Gatekeeper...lol.

I'd start searching by key word for the components you are concerned about or read a few build threads on that kit and start from there, if you narrow it down to something specific I'm sure someone will chime in. I found it was easier to just start a "build" thread of my own, add my pics, comments, and if someone wants to jump in with observations they can. But I have zero expectations of someone getting excited/offering advice on my 12 year old RC truck haha. Good luck!
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:41 AM   #4

thanks phill yes i did some research just figured with 60 views i was just guessing someone had some knowledge on these trucks but i appreciate your info thanks
Old 10-29-2020, 09:25 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Wow. You have a post up for less than 1 full day and then you get pissy about a lack of responses. And

I saw this thread yesterday and I was actually coming back now to offer you some help. I was even going to offer a good deal on a set of stainless steel links, some brass spring cups and a better battery tray.

I've been running Ventures since release day, I manufacture parts for them and I would have had a bunch of good advice for you.

As far as I'm concerned you can take your instant gratification expectations back to Facebook, they're good about giving you 5000 shit responses instantly.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 11:36 AM   #6

sorry you feel that way. i say 70 views n not one response how else am i suppsoed to feel and if you dont wanna make money and sell some parts no problem ill go spend my money at some website online. id much rather support someone in the community though, but oh well it is what it is
Old 10-29-2020, 12:04 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Default new to me venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6zj View Post
sorry you feel that way. i say 70 views n not one response how else am i suppsoed to feel and if you dont wanna make money and sell some parts no problem ill go spend my money at some website online. id much rather support someone in the community though, but oh well it is what it is

Word of advice.

Don’t expect instant responses on here. And if they are instant, they probably aren’t that good.

Also, views mean nothing. Just because someone looks at it, doesn’t mean they know. Pretty much all of us do this: view a post, see what they want, and if I don’t have any advice, keep on with my day. Don’t take view count so serious.

With 70 views, be happy that those 70 people didnt comment and waste your time with knowledge they don’t have on a truck.

AND, you get what you give here. Just like in the real world, if you are pissy to someone, they’ll probably ignore you. I was a smart-ass in one of my posts, and I was ignored by those people.

We aren’t perfect, but you have to have respect, or you’ll get nowhere, in life and on RCC.

Just have respect, and if you don’t, act like you do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:09 PM   #8
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

It's not that no one wants to help so much as it's kind of a slow section. I have two Ventures and and a thread for both, but this section seems to move at a snails pace.

The Venture is a great platform, however with still some uncertainty about it's future I believe is the culprit. I usually find most my parts on eBay or there are a few vendors like RC$4WD that have a few upgrades. I have swapped to stainless links that I had laying around from when I was a vendor, updated to a better servo and electronics, added a Dead Loc over drive t-case and delrin skid, replaced the stock shocks and replaced the front drives with RC4WD universal type drive for better steering and durability. Or I mod or make my own stuff.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post
It's not that no one wants to help so much as it's kind of a slow section. I have two Ventures and and a thread for both, but this section seems to move at a snails pace.

The Venture is a great platform, however with still some uncertainty about it's future I believe is the culprit. I usually find most my parts on eBay or there are a few vendors like RC$4WD that have a few upgrades. I have swapped to stainless links that I had laying around from when I was a vendor, updated to a better servo and electronics, added a Dead Loc over drive t-case and delrin skid, replaced the stock shocks and replaced the front drives with RC4WD universal type drive for better steering and durability. Or I mod or make my own stuff.
thanks for the info much appreciated. yeah i feel this venture forum is slow compared to other platforms. i plan on grabbing links, servo right away and will see what else it needs in time i may try n see if i have some links from other rigs or ill purchase a set somewhere thanks again ill check out fleabay
Old 10-31-2020, 05:20 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Part of the reason you dont see a bunch of upgrade parts for the Venture is that it doesn't need much to be a reliable performer. Space your servo down appropriately to compensate for replacing the stupid saver with an aluminum horn. Torque check the steering arm bolts on the knuckles and the driveshaft througpins regularly. Convert the front axles over to Ascender cvd's with aluminum c-hubs to gain extra steering angle and shaft strength. I also felt the need to put a rear upper link mount up front to do away with the goofy side loaded, sloppy, upper link pivot at the axle side.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 06:19 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
part of the reason you dont see a bunch of upgrade parts for the venture is that it doesn't need much to be a reliable performer. Space your servo down appropriately to compensate for replacing the stupid saver with an aluminum horn. Torque check the steering arm bolts on the knuckles and the driveshaft througpins regularly. Convert the front axles over to ascender cvd's with aluminum c-hubs to gain extra steering angle and shaft strength. I also felt the need to put a rear upper link mount up front to do away with the goofy side loaded, sloppy, upper link pivot at the axle side.
thanks for all the info much appreciated

new to me venture - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
U/d for the venture? crazee horse HPI Venture 18 03-21-2020 02:58 PM
My Venture Tchinghar HPI Venture 1 06-11-2019 03:04 PM
My Venture Delta5Actual HPI Venture 2 05-19-2019 03:51 PM
Another venture. aubie Chit Chat 6 12-25-2005 05:35 AM