RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   HPI Venture (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/hpi-venture/)
-   -   Ssd parts (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/hpi-venture/624307-ssd-parts.html)

TheManOfMiracles 04-04-2021 08:02 PM

Ssd parts

I can understand that HPI has been having trouble for the past few years. With HRP becoming the new distributor and HPI under new ownership, I'm hoping they make a comeback and regain the top of RC.

Since HPI went under, parts have been hard to get regardless of what model you own. I decided to browse amain(the place where I buy everything) for the SSD knuckles for the HPI venture (don't currently own one) and they were out of stock. I then decided to go to the SSD website and under products, there is no HPI venture. I basically just assumed they didn't make parts for it anymore. Do u guys know the answer?

Basicbilly 04-04-2021 08:16 PM

Re: Ssd parts

I know they stopped making parts for the SCX10, wouldn't surprise me if they stopped making HPI parts too

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Perkul8r 04-06-2021 11:26 PM

Once the supply of the Ventures ran out, and the fact that they didn't really catch on like the axial's and others, they slowly just stopped making parts for them. Unfortunately it seems like it wont be coming back either. Even some of the STRC parts are getting low in quantity now.

QuesoDelDiablo 04-07-2021 09:35 AM

It's really too bad the Venture never caught on, I still think it's a far superior platform when compared to 10.2, or TRX4.

But, even the best product can't pull a company out of hole that management keeps digging deeper. Better management and marketing could have serisouly changed to course of events for the Venture.

As for SSD, I don't know. But I have noticed you can often find aluminum hubs and knuckles on AliExpress.

svt923 04-07-2021 12:05 PM

According to the latest dealer product sheet, the Venture brass knuckles are discontinued but the c-hubs are still available. Now if any dealers have actually ordered SSD Venture products lately is a whole other issue.

meatmonkey 04-08-2021 09:18 AM

I feel the need to mention that the ssd c-hubs did not properly fit my venture. Very loose fitment onto the housing and something is off between the relationship between the kingpin bores and the inner bearing as there was lots of binding at anything other than straight ahead. I found the Hot Racing c-hubs to be a perfect fit.

Also found the strc rear lockouts to be so loose on the housing they'd be a downgrade from the stock plastic lockouts.

There may not be much after market support for the venture, but at least it doesn't need much help.

Givit_Alil_Bump 04-28-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheManOfMiracles (Post 6076125)
I can understand that HPI has been having trouble for the past few years. With HRP becoming the new distributor and HPI under new ownership, I'm hoping they make a comeback and regain the top of RC.

Since HPI went under, parts have been hard to get regardless of what model you own. I decided to browse amain(the place where I buy everything) for the SSD knuckles for the HPI venture (don't currently own one) and they were out of stock. I then decided to go to the SSD website and under products, there is no HPI venture. I basically just assumed they didn't make parts for it anymore. Do u guys know the answer?

Yes, I can confirm. I emailed them back a few months ago and they are not making any more. So any shops with 'backorder', just forget it. I picked up my Venture a bit late (Nov/2020) and FINALLY found some unicorn STRC brass knuckles. Knuckles were the hardest to find.

Givit_Alil_Bump 04-28-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatmonkey (Post 6076658)
I feel the need to mention that the ssd c-hubs did not properly fit my venture. Very loose fitment onto the housing and something is off between the relationship between the kingpin bores and the inner bearing as there was lots of binding at anything other than straight ahead. I found the Hot Racing c-hubs to be a perfect fit.

Also found the strc rear lockouts to be so loose on the housing they'd be a downgrade from the stock plastic lockouts.

There may not be much after market support for the venture, but at least it doesn't need much help.

I went with STRC brass C-hubs without issue.

Strange, I had no fitment issues on the Alum rear lockouts from STRC. I used Beef Tubes in the axle as well. Everything fit snug.

Loving my Venture!

TheManOfMiracles 04-30-2021 12:59 PM

I really wanted to buy an sbk this holiday but the front hubs and knuckles are hard to find these days.

meatmonkey 05-04-2021 07:52 AM

I've found the knuckles/c-hubs on Ebay lately for reasonable money. I've had issues finding ring /pinion gears to the point of buying complete axles from hobbyparts take-aparts for $18 each. Not bad for gears, spool, housing, bearings, and diff cover.

GA Dawg 05-04-2021 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatmonkey (Post 6079684)
I've had issues finding ring /pinion gears to the point of buying complete axles from hobbyparts take-aparts for $18 each. Not bad for gears, spool, housing, bearings, and diff cover.

Do you have a link to those?

meatmonkey 05-04-2021 10:31 AM

Sorry, I had the supplier wrong.

https://www.dollarhobbyz.com/product...l-axle-housing

GA Dawg 05-04-2021 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatmonkey (Post 6079713)

Thanks, because I was checking Hobby-Partz and couldn't find anything.