Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: help me please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Post help me please!

ive been trying and trying and trying so hard to find pictures on how to flip or reverse my chassis i understand the concept but dont under stand how to do it. the servo is the only part i dont understand....i mean how the heck am i gonna remount it somewhere else.........please help me.

-Henry
crawler king 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2008, 05:58 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Dude - Search first, then ask questions. There were several other threads asking about the same thing today.

You won't get much help unless you help yourself first.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

i figured it out man! lol. sooo theres a case around the servo that hold the servo to the chassis. first things first the receiver is stuck to the mount with a 2 sided sticky pad. i used a razor to cut it off and pull it off. so the receiver is off now. then just unscrew the servo mount holding the servo, and pull it out. then unscrew the servo from the servo mount. flip the servo mount over, so its upsidown. and then mount the servo back into it, the steering link will be above the servo mount now instead of below. and it works! you have to take one side of the chassis off and ppull out the steering linkage, then screw that side back on, then unscrew the other side and put it in the same way as the other, and screw the chassis back on. i was gonna take step by step pics but got frusterated lol. ill take some it might help tho. ill post them in a sec. hope this helps. ill watch ur thread if u have question.
phase10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
Dude - Search first, then ask questions. There were several other threads asking about the same thing today.

You won't get much help unless you help yourself first.

none of the threads helped explain.. everyone says search search but those threads arnt very helpfull.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:27 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

yea myspace/keenart. my pics kinda suc tho bro.. lol. i stopped taking pics when i actually flipped the servo cuz i wasnt sure if i was doing it right. but my final pics and tellin u how to do it should be enough to make u understand.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:45 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

i just tried it and servo arm hits the bottom of the shock tower
bigblazerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:19 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblazerboy View Post
i just tried it and servo arm hits the bottom of the shock tower

unscrew your servo arm, and replace it upsidedown. so that its facing upward not downward. i used the steering trim to make it exact.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Wheely%20King/

Should we put these pics in a sticky?
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Hey CK 17, I just picked up the latest issue of R/C Car and they have a phase 2 or second part of their HPI Wheely King Rock crawler build, You might be able to pick up the prior issue that starts the phase one build,
Also Do yourself a huge favor and leave your rig temporarily unfinished and order up a Axle mount servo plate (instead of messing with the stock servo location, that had me held up for awile, but if you are going to flip the chassis do the OTA servo mount).
I dont know if I am allowed to post the link for this guys products but what the hell they got theirs from www.RCguy.com I am in no way affiliated with him or his site, but want to see you get rolling..
If I had full build pics of my swap I would give them to you, My latest build I am fully documenting but that is a scaler and wont help you...
I can understand your frustration it was really trying for me as a 33 year old guy, to get the whole chassis flip at first, Currently I am trying to grasp building a DIG setup, but that is somthing you will find later..
crawler_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:38 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Mount It On The Diff.
gearmonkey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:43 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

I considered doing a chassis flip on mine but I think Im just going to run it how it is until I order a R7R chassis and servo mount. If im gonna do it, gonna do it right, lol.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:32 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Take out the servo mount and cut it out like a mirror image of the already cut out side, so the servo can face the other side of the chassis. It works fine... pics may help if your looking at it correctly.
Attached Images

themerc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:10 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

yea i started at 8:00 last night messed up so now i put it back togetherlolill flip it when i get a servo mount on the axle
crawler king 17 is offline   Reply With Quote