Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: RCGUY Servo Mount Question?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default RCGUY Servo Mount Question?

Well I purchased the RCGUY servo mount and I'm pleased with the quality of the materials and whatnot. However, when I go to install it I found that the servo hits the shocks when set up in the stock manner. I've been trying to flip the link mounts around like I've heard but then my driveshaft ends up being too short since it extends the wheelbase when rotated like that.

Does this servo mount not work with a stock link setup? Do I need to buy a longer driveshaft? Any links/pics would be appreciated. Oh ya, I was going to build my own servo mount but I don't have a shop or tools to be cutting alum. at my apartment.

Thanks for you help.
canadian_wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

i have a mount similar to that and i fliped the stock mounts for the links and put a tlt link mount in it and put the shock in it. i had to sand alittle on one side of the spring retainer to fit and it works good now.
bigblazerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I'm pretty sure the item description says that you have to rotate the lower mount brackets to work with it. I just installed the servo mount yesterday but I was stretching the chassis anyway. I used Traxxas part # 4951X to replace the driveshafts, but I would recommend going ahead and reversing your chassis and replacing the lower and upper links while you are at it, because the longer wheelbase has been a huge improvement.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote