Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: the green machine!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default the green machine!

Ok, i had the intentions of doing a big build thread, but it was one of those things like, "oh, i will get the pictures after in finish this part, well, actully after this part, i might as well wait till this part it done". one of those, so, finally got a mark up of it, hits 12 1/2 wb on the nose, and with plenty of ground clearance. it will be a full droop setup, using savage x shocks. this is my first tuber that i can have the motor and tranny horizontal, and im happy with it. so, here ya go.

and this is my dog, he HATES the truck. i cant chase him, as it does 4 mph, but he is scared s***less of it.

so whatcha guys think of it? i will have my 4 links done tmrw, so it will be up and runnin'. maybe a video??
gearmonkey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

WAY TOO COOL !!!! i love that look....nice goin ....can't wait to see it done
TIMZKRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

im right with ya, i cant wait to see it done either haha. now, i have to figure out were to put the batt.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:59 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

so you built this chassis? or what kind is it? thats awesome you can lay down the trans inside. dosent stick out like my widow =P awesome look tho love how u put the body on a lil.
phase10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:18 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

yes i built the chassi out of brake line tubing, and brazing it together. ya, im gunna have the body on there, for a "prerunner" type look or somthing. i am still debating on going with a semi scale look, i have a tool box, scale drive line, scale jumper cables, and some interrior junk. just deciding on if i wanna go that rout. the motor and tranny dont stick out at all actully, its a perty wide chassie. im looking at somewere between 4, and 4 3/4 inch of ground clearance, so its gunna be up there, so i had to have it layed down to compansate.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:57 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

nice!! i especially like the flag on the front
resetpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

well, i was in the midst of mounting links today, and i ran into a HUGE problem, the links are two short, and the links mounts are to high up, i need to mount the bottom links lower. also, the axles twist side to side, so, i dont know. i just threw it inot my room in a fit of rage haha.