RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   HPI Wheely King (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/hpi-wheely-king/)
-   -   1 Badd Super King...Lots of Pics...... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/hpi-wheely-king/132736-1-badd-super-king-lots-pics.html)

TONKA TOY 08-24-2008 02:49 AM

1 Badd Super King...Lots of Pics......

38 Attachment(s)
Well, my 5 yr old son was watching me tweak my 2.2 and said that he really wanted to build a big monster truck. I asked him if he was serious and he said yeah, "I wanna build a big huge monster truck". So I handed him a brand new Double D chassis, a homemade skid, links, trans, motor, wk axles and wheels, and basically he built the truck, with a little bit of help from me (I mean a little bit). I showed him where everything went and he grabbed the tools and started putting together HIS Monster Truck.
The only thing I really did was hook up the electronics, cut the skid, and change the pinion gear, and show him how to put it together. He did most of the work. He loves usin the drill press.:lol:

Here is the specs:
Double D chassis
Homemade skid
WK axles
Integy alum. c's and knuckels on rear, RCP alum c's and knuckles up front
JRz9100t steering
R2 trans
55t integy v10
10 tooth pinion
RC4WD alum lower links
Revo upper links
Alum Savage shocks
Viper marine 40 ESC (soon to be sidewinder, viper burnt up after 20 minutes, it was old) "thumbsup"Thanks chip....
CPE 12-14mm wideners
3.2 rims with wide offset
HPI GT Tires
HPI rx & tx (I cant justify giving a kid a spare dx3.0)
and my rat rod body.

I plan on swappin out to a R2D just for fun for me;-). I will probably leave both receivers in there, that way I can just plug & play for him or me with a quick plug swap.....

Here is what he came up with......."thumbsup"

norcrawler 08-24-2008 02:58 AM

that things pretty tight. i doubt it that kid really threw it all together tho.:ror:

and those shocks are to angled man,are u getting alot of tourque twist?

TONKA TOY 08-24-2008 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norcrawler (Post 1316316)
that things pretty tight. i doubt it that kid really threw it all together tho.:ror:

and those shocks are to angled man,are u getting alot of tourque twist?

Thanks for the kind words...

Seriously the kid put it together! I had to show him that the shocks go in these sets of holes, the links go in these sets of holes, but he actually picked the holes and screwed them together. Like I said, I only wired up the electronics, cut the skid (HE drilled it), and helped him with questions and showed him how to use the pliers and the allens at the same time.

Yes the shocks are too angled, but it doesn't have any torque twist that is noticable, but it flexes waaaaaaaaayyyyy to much (90* +), but what the hell, the kid likes it.

Badd 08-24-2008 03:06 AM

Buildin' and playin' with RCs and Kids Priceless . How is the tourque twist ? What is the wheelbase ? The chassis was made for 12.5" wheelbase rig but if it works as a super basher GREAT!!!!!! "thumbsup"

TONKA TOY 08-24-2008 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badd (Post 1316321)
Buildin' and playin' with RCs and Kids Priceless . How is the tourque twist ? What is the wheelbase ? The chassis was made for 12.5" wheelbase rig but if it works as a super basher GREAT!!!!!! "thumbsup"

It is right at 17 3/4" and 15" wide. I think I am gonna get some slightly shorter lower links and make him swap em out, due to the shock angle and the amount of flex that it has. I knew the chassis was built for a 12.5" wb, but he wanted to do it, and I kinda did too.... I think it actually will work pretty good as a super basher, due to the durability of the derlin. It is just too long and too wide for my taste, but what the hell, the kid built it and had fun doin it. Now I guess I need to get my own chassis:lol:.

breitenbach14 08-24-2008 03:34 AM

jeez thats almost as big as him:ror:

TrailDawg362 08-24-2008 09:54 AM

That's awesome! I just had to smile seeing "the kid" with his new truck. Looks like he was born to rc, good job Dad :). I miss running our trucks together with my kid, it's a shame they hafta grow up.

T.D.

TONKA TOY 08-24-2008 11:22 AM

"thumbsup" Thanks for the compliments. I know the kid had just as much fun as me. He has always driven some of my old r/c's & crawlers (with supervision of course);-) It's cool to see him grab the radio and drive a rig around the yard. Now it's time to get him on the rocks to see how he does."thumbsup"

Tonelock 08-24-2008 02:37 PM

that thing is friggin awsome, its exactly what ive been trying to do to mine but i need a new chassy.