Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: Drive shaft length?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default Drive shaft length?

Would I need longer center drive shafts if I stretch the wheelbase only a small amount, like 2" overall (1" front, 1" rear)? It's going to be more of a basher than a full crawler...Im just looking to get a little better look from it. The wheel base just looks too short stock IMO. Im also going to chassis flip it at the same time to elminate wheeies.
devestator_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #2

yes you'll probably have to lengthen the driveshafts.. It's so easy.. Just pick up original Traxxas Tmax shafts, they fit right overtop the factory HPI ball joints in the facotry yokes... All you'll have to cut them to length.. it's just a matter of cutting them and snapping them on..
pb73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
I joined the Band!

Ok, I was hoping to do it without buying anything other than some threaded couplings. I work at hardware store/lumber yard, so I have access to alot of misc stuff. I spotted some small threaded couplings and thought they would be perfect to extend the upper arms. The lowers I can make from some round aluminum stock I have. Unfortunatly, my store doesnt have 1/4" hollow aluminum, so the normal threaded rod and sleeve process wont work for me. But with the help of a friend and his machining equipment, my solid stock will work great.

So the Tmaxx shafts fit the HPI ends with no reaming of holes? Thats good.
devestator_x is offline   Reply With Quote