Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: Trail King?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Trail King?

Has anyone turned a WK or CK into a Trail King? I could not find a thread, but I didnt look very hard either. If anyone has done this send me a pm or post some suggestions or a thread link for me. Thanks all..
Modean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Cool

look at my post for the Xtrail Chassis.... I converted my WK into a trail rig..bit costly with the new frame and things but you can go a cheaper route on the skids....check the post out and let me know what ya think.

Last edited by HotRod2507; 06-13-2010 at 06:31 PM.
HotRod2507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I think I looked at it a long time ago. I am looking for a cheap convert for it. I did a lot of upgrades for crawling already. I am thinking of just putting some type of spacer in the shock to lower the ride height, new motor and I already have some smaller tires. I might eventually put a lipo on the front axle and I think that will most likely do it for the trail convert. I will look at your post, if I can find it again.
Modean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modean74 View Post
Has anyone turned a WK or CK into a Trail King? I could not find a thread, but I didnt look very hard either. If anyone has done this send me a pm or post some suggestions or a thread link for me. Thanks all..
Why would you like to convert it to a trail king? It's a PITA with that trany... The only good parts would be the axles..
norbyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
RCC Addict

My first trail truck was a converted Wheely King using an MFM chassis, 2.2 Rock Lizzards and a T-Maxx sized pickup body. I couldn't find any pics, but it worked pretty well considering the tires I used. Rock Lizzards were the "it" tire at the time .
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Well, well its not the typical Trail King, but it works for me. I built a Skala 2 chassis, but was working on a Slash, and am still trying to get my crawler rebuilt, so I used the aluminum TVPs from the crawler for this. Have a wp Traxxas 2075 servo, and XL-5 esc, plus a 4-ch micro rx (with waterproof box). Need to finish the trans mods, drivetrain etc. Used 4 Traxxas rear Rustler shocks, 20wt oil, and cut down stock WK springs. It has the 3-way link setup from the crawler conversion. Im going to run a locked clicker, slipper, and 35t motor. Used 4 front Traxxas wheels all around, and Proline Hammers. Front and rear axles are locked. Bumpers are HPI Savage. Should be fun, wanted more of a basher/trail truck that could do a little pebble pounding.
wanantrdsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #7

Mate how did you install that Savage bumper?? Can you please post a picture?
Daddy NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:26 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Daddy,

Let me get back to you with pics. Im working on 3 computer sytems right now, so not sure which one is connected where, or what direction is up.
wanantrdsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanantrdsc View Post
Daddy,

Let me get back to you with pics. Im working on 3 computer sytems right now, so not sure which one is connected where, or what direction is up.
Daddy NS is offline   Reply With Quote