Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: my HPI crawler king transformation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: my HPI crawler king transformation

well, the wraith is faster and more nimble it seems on the small to medium rocks and moderately rough terrain, however, the crawler is more capable on larger rocks and rougher terrain, that being said, the crawler does have weighted tires and rear steering.

I am going to convert the wraith to rear steering and weight the tires a bit to make the testing more comparable. the wraith tires seem to be a bit stickier than the crawler, both have the stock tires and so far I really like the wraith. I need to get pics up soon....
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
. I need to get pics up soon....
Yes... yes you do
Matt_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

well, initial running of the crawler king and the wraith jeep gives the win to the wraith.... I didnt see too much advantage to either one until I got the the 4x4 blocks...the CK kept getting high centered it the 4x4 was run over at a perfect 90 degree angle...the wraith did not have that issue.

I think its from the wraith having a longer wheel base and a higher clearance....that being said, the rear wheel steering makes the CK much quicker to respond to sharp turns than the wraith, I need to set up a better test area for more testing, with pics of the area as well...been busy with work and this was just a quickie

Last edited by allanon1965; 02-02-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #44

Just for the hell of it try the wraith upper arms as lowers on your CK. I used left over suspension parts on my CK build. I can't remember if it affected the wheel base at all. Just something to think about. Upgrade wraith use the old on something else.
ughlee52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

well, I sold the crawler king and stayed with the wraith, I bought an Exo Terra Buggy that should be here in the next few days..I liked the CK, but it didnt have enough speed for me, I guess I wanted ore of a rock racer/terrain buggy like the wraith and exo...

That being said, I did learn alot from upgrading the CK which I will use on the wraith and Exo...

For what it was the CK was a good starting platform for someone like me who didnt know anything about crawlers and it was pretty inexpensive to start with. I would still recommend it for a beginner..
Old 09-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #46

Hey man love ur build I've had 3 of these trucks at once lol. Down to one now and it still today is a beast
Bigmud is offline   Reply With Quote

my HPI crawler king transformation - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HPI Crawler King TDUB570 Newbie General 4 10-11-2012 02:09 PM
HPI Crawler King inbred with HPI Championship Bloodline savagefromthesprings HPI Wheely King 9 09-11-2009 07:30 AM
new HPI rtr, CRAWLER KING must see for crawler fans clay7160 HPI Wheely King 52 07-17-2009 07:27 PM
Wheely king transformation maui454 HPI Wheely King 5 12-13-2008 01:53 PM