Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: WK crawler update: shocks, custom links, built my own drivelines.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #1

Default WK crawler update: shocks, custom links, built my own drivelines.

Ive been collecting parts here and there and waiting for stuff to show up and it finally did.

Got my rod ends from RC4WD and changed out almost everything including the steer linkage to accomadate the strech and to keep servo in chassis.

104mm gmade ZERO shocks. didnt like how short it made it compared to cut spring stock WK shocks but with the wb extended now they perform well. i had to angle the top of the shock mount to keep the front from binding.

I wish i wouldve taken pictures in process but thats always an after thought, for the driveline pieces, i started with a piece of solid 3/4 in aluminum 8 in long and hung it way out of the chuck and turned the outside to somewhere in the .650 range (eyeballed). and after that i drilled a 1/2 through the center of it to make it into a "tube" the outside of the female ends measured roughly .510. I cut the stock driveline at about 1/4 on "u-joint" side and 3/4 of it being the splined section. i used a vise to push the entire 3/4 section into one end of the tube and the u joint end up to the lip. i had planned on using a little super glue on the pieces before i slid them together permenantly but with how tight of a fit they are, it shouldnt be a problem and it it might not be a bad thing because the slipper in the tranny is locked. and if they do come apart i can always go get the traxxas shafts and these were free and i only took about a half hour to build them.

I trimmed what was left of the stock WK body to fit because i didnt want to hack up by superduty body quite yet and the kid I got the rig from had already cut some weird holes in this body and there wasnt really a whole lot to work with.

hillbillybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

WK crawler update: shocks, custom links, built my own drivelines. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
built some custom links crf250x Axial AX-10 Scorpion 15 01-03-2010 09:29 PM
Js Custom Crawler Update JsCustomCrawlers.com Chit Chat 17 02-09-2006 03:05 PM