Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: My Crawler King

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 11:37 PM   #1

Default My Crawler King

Hello all. It's been a while but I thought I'd post some pictures of my reworked Crawler King. It's got a new lid. Hope you like it.

OH BTW, I would like to make a rear tire carrier so I need to get a hold of one more matching tire and wheel.

Does anyone have a used Scale 4 x 4 Sand Slingers 2.2 tire and HPI Crawler king wheel laying around? Thought it would not hurt to ask.

Thanks all.
Flying Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2011, 06:47 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Good job, that looks fantastic!
caymin last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

looks great those mudslingers worked really good on that overall look...now go get some real winch
ped453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:25 AM   #4

Some more detail was added late Friday night. I drilled out the front grill and made my own interior grill insert showing a radiator and tranny cooler I made of styrene plastic and piano wire.
Also added window wipers along with permanently making the window kind of dirty by dulling outside of the window wiper path. Looks cool and I hear once you hit the trails and get a little more dust and mud on it that it really starts to look the part.
Also added a snorkel. May the BICK pen I had laying around rest in peace. ;D Then I added some other details like a AM/FM and CB antennae (yea okay, it's my bit of nostalgia okay).
Also I took the nubs off the outside and inside edge of the tires after reading that makes a huge difference. Boy does it ever. After tonight I'm sold on that little tweak.
Oh and I added all the light covers back on. Still though, I picked up a Axial front and rear light kit. I'm kicking around getting that ultra realistic Tamiya light and sound kit too. Brake lights, engine sound with gear shifting, head lights, tail lights and even a shaker module to replicate the engine vibrating.

Oh and I'm working on some rear view mirrors. Those should be pretty sweet once done. ;D
Old 06-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Looks great, Wish my CK looked liek yours... Keep up the good work!!
OurJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #6

Yesterday I charged two batteries and the family and I headed to Golden, Coloado to mess around. Usually I like to run along the river banks but because of the insane runoff this year, I had to stick to the inner trails.

After almost an hour we had lunch, messed around in Golden some more and headed back home. I still had lots more run time on the first pack and never touched the second pack so on the way back they dropped me off at Mini Moab and I pillaged some more.

Then it was off into the wild where I traversed the 1/10th scale version of the Bolivian highway of death. Not a good time for a radio glitch. ;D

Then moved my way into the plains and desert. Okay it was a small desert.

Then as I made my way down into the valley, I was off along the rain forest river banks. ;)

After another hour and a half I decided to drive it home and on the way ran into this. ;D

Old 06-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #7

looks great man is that a lex body or hard
rcdave2260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #8

looks great :-)
unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Looking good!!
OurJK is offline   Reply With Quote