Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: Crawler King custom parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2014, 09:06 AM   #1

Default Crawler King custom parts

Hello everyone, I wanted to start a new thread and get some feedback. I am a Crawler King owner and modifier. I have also been a Machinist for many years. I am going to be machining some custom one off parts for the King series of trucks. I am thinking of possibly starting a small business doing this. These parts would start of as, motor adapter plates that would allow you to install a Kershaw 700HO on the stock tranny, solid machined 7075 heat treated 4 link bars, center driveshafts, axle shafts, an entire kit that would allow you to relocate twin Kershaw 700HO motors and run then to the tranny including a dual disc slipper clutch, motor plates and mounts, and driveshaft to link the motors to the tranny. Of course it would be up to you to change tranny gears and diff gears as well as other components that would handle this torque. I may also in the future be manufacturing those components as well. I would also be inclined to make custom parts for people if they had something they wanted. I am putting the feelers out to see how many people would want these things.

Last edited by cwthemachinist 9; 10-31-2014 at 09:10 AM.
cwthemachinist 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2014, 09:13 AM   #2

Default Re: Crawler King custom parts

At some point I do want to upgrade the drive shafts to metal (been looking at them but haven't pulled the trigger $$$ on the ones available yet)

I have also been looking for some sort of mount for bumpers to the chassis

I was going to attempt to make something last night but since there are so few screw mounts on the chassis front and rear I ended up putting the bumpers on the body instead.
Outlawaresee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:22 AM   #3

I've run into that same thing. However, I moved my battery box to the rear and took out what used to be a crossmember. That opens up two holes in the frame, one on each side right at the very front. Custom mounts or a mount bar could be fastened there. I've been thinking about this too.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:26 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwthemachinist 9 View Post
Hello everyone, I wanted to start a new thread and get some feedback. I am a Crawler King owner and modifier. I have also been a Machinist for many years. I am going to be machining some custom one off parts for the King series of trucks. I am thinking of possibly starting a small business doing this. These parts would start of as, motor adapter plates that would allow you to install a Kershaw 700HO on the stock tranny, solid machined 7075 heat treated 4 link bars, center driveshafts, axle shafts, an entire kit that would allow you to relocate twin Kershaw 700HO motors and run then to the tranny including a dual disc slipper clutch, motor plates and mounts, and driveshaft to link the motors to the tranny. Of course it would be up to you to change tranny gears and diff gears as well as other components that would handle this torque. I may also in the future be manufacturing those components as well. I would also be inclined to make custom parts for people if they had something they wanted. I am putting the feelers out to see how many people would want these things.

Be careful, these kind of feeler threads are frowned on without a vendors star.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #5

Thank you for the tip. I'm not actually selling anything. I have nothing made. Just seeing if people would like these types of things.

Crawler King custom parts - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
custom chassis with crawler king 3 link crawlerking123 HPI Wheely King 2 11-22-2009 06:19 PM
Birth of yet another custom Crawler King imprtcrx HPI Wheely King 13 10-11-2007 03:19 AM