Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: slipper clutch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2015, 01:37 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default slipper clutch

What slipper clutch can I bolt on to the rc4wd steel gear set?
chbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2015, 12:27 PM   #2

Default Re: slipper clutch

Search for slipper clutch. Some one did an excellent job on a DIY Blitz clitch mod. I would suggest using the original shaft, a screw, some washers, and a spring to tighten that sucker up. Drilling the Blitz clutch shafts is a PIA. If I remember I will post a picture.
buggynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:24 AM   #3

I just finished installing the rc4wd steel gears in my wk to ck build. Didn't like the steel spur so here's what i did after reading about the blitz shaft mod. I had some extra slash items hanging out so..... I slipped a shorter pin through the top shaft sslid the new style locking plate and slipper plate on from the slash. I then had to fing a bushing that fit in the bearing of the outer slipper plate. Basically made the bearing a 3mm id bearing. I then took a screw about 35mm long installed a lock nut on it backward and threaded to to the top. Put a washer on the shaft then the spring then two washers. Little blue locktight thread the screw in all the way. Then just slowly tighten the nut until the slipper setting is where you want it. Trying to decide whether ot not to cut the head of the screw or not but haven't done it so far. Only downside is you cannot run the gear cover. So far this mod is worrking very well and ive ran 3500 kv 2 pole to 4000kv 4pole.
hotrod87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:07 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

sounds good any pics?
chbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:03 AM   #5

Not very good ones. I will be changing the motor soon so I will get some out of the rig pics for ya. Crap I can't post pics on here.
hotrod87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:57 PM   #6

I also did the blitz slipper in my wk. I used the wk output shaft and drilled the hole to hold the hub of the slipper in place. If I were to do it again, pay the $8 and buy the blitz shaft. I threaded in a long Allen bolt with locktite and cut the head off the bolt, for the adjustment of the clutch. Only thing is you are stuck with the blitz pinion gear which is higher than stock. But I run the gear reduction box so it's fine for me.
becauseican is offline   Reply With Quote

slipper clutch - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
slipper clutch theclimber Axial Wraith 9 07-18-2011 09:35 AM
I know... Slipper clutch again!! RickM Axial AX-10 Scorpion 26 04-15-2010 10:00 PM
Slipper clutch? losilover Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 7 04-07-2010 08:16 PM
Slipper clutch Chevyfanaddict Axial SCX-10 3 04-12-2009 08:36 AM