Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: scale body? wheel base specs please!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2015, 06:34 AM   #1

Default scale body? wheel base specs please!

hey all, new to the forum, and new to crawlers, i got a wheely king roller a long while ago, but just got around to get it running yesterday, got a cheap esc that has a lipo cutoff, an un used rtr radio and voila... its a blast stock with a decent brushed motor, totally hysterical handling compared to all my race oriented cars, such a nice change, total fun i dont think about over tweaking... not planning to over power this one, just something to drive around, hand off to friends, to lightly bash... a modern lunchbox/grasshopper for me

so my question is this, i have some 1.55 wheels and tires coming (i think from a trail finder 2 stock kit), and a level3 axle servo mount, the one that clears a stock frame (the steering is horrible, even with all the pivots loose) i dont expect this chassis to ever look 1 to 1 scale, but i wanna give it more of a proportionate look, i got a crawler king body mount set in anticipation of a bigger body, but im having trouble figuring out wheelbase with the stock plastic 3 link, any old truck regardless of make, just want that beater look, i guess its gonna look like a mud truck regardless but i would like to know my options for the stock dimensions with the smaller wheels...

thanks all!
the wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2015, 11:38 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: scale body? wheel base specs please!

1.55's will look real small at least i havent seen a 1.55 tire that is that tall. 2.2's fit the stock chassis best. the stock wheely king body is the size of the stampede body so any one made for stampede fit the stock set up well. Now for a larger more "scale" body you can use the t-maxx e-maxx really any monster truck body or one for the scx10 will work with those new mounts you got but you will need to strech your wheel base to look right but it will look more scale.
adamargue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:32 AM   #3

thanks for the reply, ive seen a few with crawler size wheels and i liked the look, using i think 1.9 size wheels, i got the 1.55 due to being super cheap, and there are tires that would almost be the same height as stock, sure the width is less but thats kinda what im after

so stampede bodies fit the stock wheel base, ill look into that, i didnt want to stretch the wheel base, just a bigger body to fit a bit more over the wheels, i know its never gonna look true scale, but less of a monster, and more of a lifted truck
Old 07-01-2015, 11:23 AM   #4
RCC Addict

well stampede bodys are still narrow. i think the only bodys that are wide enough to cover the wheels would be the monster truck bodys. but it will look like a monster with the wheels sticking out past the body post some pics of it when you get the tires and wheels i am interested to see how it looks
adamargue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:43 PM   #5

will do, kinda scattered at the moment, but i promise to update in time... should be a fun look over, when i find the right lid

Last edited by the wrench; 07-01-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:15 PM   #6

The Crawler King body should look scale. My Crawler King with the Jeep body looked pretty good.
JeepFan is offline   Reply With Quote

scale body? wheel base specs please! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
clod buster body wheel base axialchevy Paint and Body 4 12-22-2015 09:56 AM
why base scale off wheel size? dirtymike Newbie General 6 10-22-2012 06:22 PM
honcho on a small wheel base? and advantage of the long wheel base? Daddydancool Axial SCX-10 7 04-26-2011 06:29 PM
new body and longer wheel base vtt Tamiya CR-01 6 12-16-2008 02:02 PM