Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: King Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2016, 10:48 AM   #1

Default King Crawler

Hi all would like to share my build with you all. I love this thing. Wheel base is approx. 323mm. Let's get started. Questions, comments would be appreciated.

1. Crawler King chassis by Integy.

2. Rc4WD Transmission gears. I didn't use the included spur gear. too much weight up top. Instead, I installed a 92T Sakura aluminum spur. Has been holding up great. Rc4WD 55T motor.

3. GPM hub carrier & CVDs.

Some final shots.

Last edited by groovethumper; 08-16-2016 at 08:28 AM.
groovethumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2016, 11:37 PM   #2

Default Re: King Crawler

Beautiful build. Are you trying to make it an awesome
crawler or mixed use, high speed bashing as well?

I have not had great experiences with integy in general. How has your experience been?

Why did you upgrade to aluminum carriers? Those parts have not broken on my wk although many other parts have broken.
smirk-racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 02:26 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovethumper View Post
Wow not one reply in several months. Might have to go back to lurking.
Not so many fans of this modelIt can be used more like a MT,because of the high centre of gravity.The axles aswell arer not so good for crawling.They need allot of work to be made performant.Anyway i hace one,but i kept it as a MT
Traulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 04:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirk-racing View Post
Beautiful build. Are you trying to make it an awesome
crawler or mixed use, high speed bashing as well?

I have not had great experiences with integy in general. How has your experience been?

Why did you upgrade to aluminum carriers? Those parts have not broken on my wk although many other parts have broken.
Thank you so much. It's strictly for crawling and trailing. Although the thought has crossed my mind. (brushless set up)

I have had excellent and horrible parts from Integy. The chassis has performed admirably. Quite happy with it.

I bought the carriers because they broke. Besides the plastic gears it's the only other part I have broken. I had also flipped the chassis. there is a lot of weight on that front end. I also hated the turn radius, these new carriers give me way more steering than stock.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traulus View Post
Not so many fans of this modelIt can be used more like a MT,because of the high centre of gravity.The axles aswell arer not so good for crawling.They need allot of work to be made performant.Anyway i hace one,but i kept it as a MT
I have yet to experience any issues with my axles. All I did to them was throw in some lockers and aluminum hexes. I use this rc everyday. My dogs beat on it daily. Hence the recycled body from my Savage X.

As for it not being good for crawling. I'll go up against a SCX10 any day. I paid 250-275 Canadian for a stock Wheely King, with TF-40 transmitter and waterproof ESC. A stock SCX10 v1, would run me about 500 Canadian, and it needs a lot to be a good crawler. Difference of opinion, plus this was more of a challenge.

I know it's not popular, but being like everyone else does not suit me. I also think it is not popular due to the fact that it would be really difficult to make this a scaler in it's stock configuration. Thanks so much.

Last edited by groovethumper; 12-27-2016 at 04:55 PM.

King Crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disadvantages and advantages of changing my wheelie king into a crawler king? dudeka HPI Wheely King 18 01-09-2010 04:38 AM