RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   HPI Wheely King (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/hpi-wheely-king/)
-   -   HPI WHEELY KING 2 Petition (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/hpi-wheely-king/610201-hpi-wheely-king-2-petition.html)

FormallySkullking 07-12-2019 04:36 AM

HPI WHEELY KING 2 Petition

Hey guys, with the rebirth of HPI I think they need to do a Wheely King 2. That truck started it all for so many people years ago. They nailed it on design for a scale monster truck.....That sexy drop down tranny....ofcourse it needs many upgrades and changes. Even a Mega Truck design would be cool. With the rebirth of RC Monster Truck racing they need to do this. Hell I think all the companies need to start making solid axle monster trucks. Don't get me wrong I love crawlers and have been building and selling them since the first 2wd WK. But that market is more than saturated, no more making your own stuff....everything is out there. So lets spread the word...blow this up. #hpiwheelyking2

MAGNUMB 09-23-2019 02:16 PM

Re: HPI WHEELY KING 2 Petition

HPI Wheely King 2 is the MST MTX-1:) Do yourself a favor and check it out.

durok 09-23-2019 08:10 PM

And HPI's new owners needs to complete their financial reorganization, set up new distribution channels, and then see if they have the funds to design new vehicles...

Unfortunately.

I agree, the more the merrier - but if HPI is doing anything right now, it's not likely to be engineering new product releases.

We will need to be patient, and also cross our fingers that they can pull it off.

JatoTheRipper 09-24-2019 07:14 AM

You can't get blood from a stone as they say. HPI is dying and they are lucky to survive let alone rework the WK.

Jay-Em 09-29-2019 09:11 PM

HPI is in a rather tight situation right now, and it’s not the only one, so don’t get Your hopes up. Added to that, the hobby isn’t as big as it once was, so marketing a new solid axle monstertruck is a risky affair, as Axial’s attempt with the SMT10 proved..

Luckily for us, there stėll is the MST and CEN offerings. The CEN hl150 being the closest to what a WK2 could be imho. ( And, boy, dōes it wheely.. )

Added to that, the Wheely/Crawler King is, apparently, still in production, and can be made into a home-cooked vII with the help of some ( sadly somewhat scarce, by now) metal gears and a tad longer arms.

Hmm.. come to think of it, that shouldn’t be too hard, even for struggling poor, old HPI.. Heck. Keep the plastic bits the same, but replace just the terrible rattle-slipper in the gearbox. Make the rest sintered metal. Add a stock slipper spur from the parts-bin. Tadaah! Wheely King Mk II. ( You listening? ‘New HPI’ ? :razz: )

ROWDY RACING 10-01-2019 07:26 AM

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hpi-cra...115118/p607079

Get a crawler king and unlock the diffs

JatoTheRipper 10-01-2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-Em (Post 5966166)
HPI is in a rather tight situation right now, and it’s not the only one, so don’t get Your hopes up. Added to that, the hobby isn’t as big as it once was, so marketing a new solid axle monstertruck is a risky affair, as Axial’s attempt with the SMT10 proved..

Luckily for us, there stėll is the MST and CEN offerings. The CEN hl150 being the closest to what a WK2 could be imho. ( And, boy, dōes it wheely.. )

Added to that, the Wheely/Crawler King is, apparently, still in production, and can be made into a home-cooked vII with the help of some ( sadly somewhat scarce, by now) metal gears and a tad longer arms.

Hmm.. come to think of it, that shouldn’t be too hard, even for struggling poor, old HPI.. Heck. Keep the plastic bits the same, but replace just the terrible rattle-slipper in the gearbox. Make the rest sintered metal. Add a stock slipper spur from the parts-bin. Tadaah! Wheely King Mk II. ( You listening? ‘New HPI’ ? :razz: )

I think the SMT10 failed, at least partially, because it's junk out of the box. People want to go fast and jump monster trucks. Out of the box the SMT10 struggled to go fast enough to get any air. And that was with tires that are much too small for the chassis IMO. Then when you added more power you shredded the transmission gears immediately. Larger tires destroyed diff gears, bent axles and even broke axle housings. The truck is a good example of poor parts bin engineering. The garbage Axial electronics and AR60 axles just weren't made for monster trucks.

Jay-Em 10-10-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5966477)
I think the SMT10 failed, at least partially, because it's junk out of the box. People want to go fast and jump monster trucks. Out of the box the SMT10 struggled to go fast enough to get any air. And that was with tires that are much too small for the chassis IMO. Then when you added more power you shredded the transmission gears immediately. Larger tires destroyed diff gears, bent axles and even broke axle housings. The truck is a good example of poor parts bin engineering. The garbage Axial electronics and AR60 axles just weren't made for monster trucks.

It was also overpriced for what it was. Overhere in the EU, it was more expensive than a Clod with a reasonable set of electronics. Shops still have SMT10’s languishing around for -by Axial standards- bargain-bin prices, and they still don’t sell.

I never broke the diffs off the SMT10, tho. Not even with a set of Clod-sized far-too-heavy China-non-Brand MT tires and wheels. Then, again, I didn’t lock any diffs, or got it the amount of air that people seem to insėst on giving our poor toy-cars. I’m more like a scale-driver, I guess. Also never used 3s. If it scoots around at 30km/h I’m already happy. (If I want fast, there’s always my crazy Wraiths with their 4,5t LRP BL motors and Monster Beetle tires). But the gearbox innards? Yeah. Lasted something like 2 packs with a 4-pole 3000kv. @ 2s

mprudic0404 02-02-2020 11:16 PM

HPI- bring us a pocket sized monster truck. (Hpi-did small cars well)

Think KYOSHO miniZ monster, but HPI style.

The SMT10'S weren't a great truck outofthebox, but I used this to teach my sons, so not all pitfalls are negitive.

HPI could do many things right, but they need to get rolling at maximum efforts. Any sub par stuff - and history repeats.

Should they do a monster truck again, I am in, just don't let us down!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Gula 02-03-2020 12:53 AM

I love my WK axled rigs. Didnt think much else of the parts used other than the tires. The axles could use a bit of a beef up in the internals, maybe hpi bullet diffs and a bit thicker axles, as mine usually snapped at the dogbone ends.