Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: Wheely King Upper Link mounts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Wheely King Upper Link mounts

So I was out testing my setup on my WK and just doing some regular crawling, nothing hard at all. I am using the Tamiya suspension stays to mount the links. Well,somehow both of the stock screws (bottom) in the upper link mount broke off. The screws are stuck in my axle housing adn I can't get them out. I can't believe that the screws broke off. I thought it was a fluke when the front broke first, but about 30 minutes later, the rear screw broke. Now I have tie straps holding it together for now.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with the stock upper link mount with a tamiya stay? I am looking for some aluminum ones but I do not want the stock ones with the steering arm link that everyone sells for $30.00. I guess I have to wait for TCS to finish their mounts.
'04 Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2007, 08:30 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Yeah I'm running the tamiya mount and revo upper inks and it broke off, I thought it fell out at first and spent a couple minutes trying to get the new on in with out removing the top screw and axle, luckily there was enuf left exposed to grab with my lil vise gribs, kreepy Krawler makes a link / servo mount you might look into. good luck
stutterone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:40 PM   #3
I joined the Band!

i had the same problem.. the black wk screws are junk.. i swapped them out for some stainless steel ones i had laying around.. no problem with screws breaking anymore, but i did notice that the stock plastic mount flexes and will break next.. so i made up some mounts out of aluminum. i will post a picture later today when i'm on my other computer..
mattrichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
I joined the Band!

heres some pictures of the mount i made.. had it on over a month now and havent even seen the screws loosen up....
Attached Images

mattrichter is offline   Reply With Quote