Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: just thought i would share

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default just thought i would share

http://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc.c...25107564729.cf

if you run a steering set up similar to the stock one, you know how the stock plastic mount that the L shaped piece mounts to is pretty flimsy and binds up alot, these might solve your problem.
4-linkedWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I'm hoping to pick up a set of those next week, along with their aluminum bellcranks. I would go with an on-the-axle mount, but it's just so UGLY when compared to the stock steering sector.

Once i get mine I'll post how well they work.
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

cool cant wait to see it, yea im for the scale look too, dont get the bell cranks, get these: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHWS0&P=7 and drill them out so the shoulder screw goes right threw them, and find a bushing to put on the inside of it, works just as good, and less than half the price, i will see if i can get around to post a thread on how i did mine
Old 10-15-2007, 10:16 PM   #4
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

You can also find them here and support a forum vendor: http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=628
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

i would support a forum vendor too, but you have to buy 2 of those for 1 truck, and the price is quite a bit different. 24 for a whole set, or 29 dollars for one
Old 10-16-2007, 06:38 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Javelin:

Hmmm. I am not so sure that all on-the-axle servo mounts are UGLY. I kind of like my servo/battery mount. I also like my beefy solid Aluminum linkages. Even if you get the Al bellcrank, with the stock WK steering there are just too many linkages to suck the power out of the system. On-the-axle means a much more direct power from the servo to the wheels.

Just my two cents.

Sean

SeanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:44 PM   #7
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-linkedWK View Post
i would support a forum vendor too, but you have to buy 2 of those for 1 truck, and the price is quite a bit different. 24 for a whole set, or 29 dollars for one
From the way it's shown and worded, the price on the Integy site is also for only 1...so you'd still need to buy 2 of them.

Last edited by Offroader5; 10-16-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:24 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

SeanD, Well, I shouldn't say they're all ugly, I've seen some really nice ones, (the one I tried to make was fugly, though! all ragged and haggard lookin'. That's why it's not on the truck yet. lol)

I mostly mean from a scale standpoint. Yes, you lose some power through all the linkages and all that crap, but not having the servo anywhere in sight sure makes the truck cleaner looking.

But I agree all the plastic in the stock steering set-up has got to GO!

Offroader5, While I would love to buy the RC4WD ones, $50 for a pair of them is just too expensive for me. And the integy ones DO come as a pair. Saw them on Ebay. Can't pass up a deal like that.

Last edited by JavelinSST390; 10-16-2007 at 11:29 PM.
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:15 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

For what its worth, I did keep the stock steerining setup for a time when I first got my WK. I decided to fab a bellcrank out of Al. I made a plastic bushing and an Al mount as well. Notice that the mount is on the opposite side from normal - that is because when I reversed my chassis, I decided to leave the steering servo and links in their original position and simply move the bellcrank to the opposite side.

I also made Al top link mounts but they are not the same as stock. They are made to fit the Tamiya stay mounts. I have bolts running through my pumpkin holding both the servo mounts and stay mounts so these puppies ain't going nowhere!!!

I agree about getting rid of as much plastic as possible. As you can see in the above image, there isn't much original plastic left on my WK!

Cheers,
Sean
SeanD is offline   Reply With Quote