Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: almost done modding my wk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2007, 08:43 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default almost done modding my wk

I'm almost done modding my wheely king I got the links and steering linkage hooked back up. now all I have to do is get the different motor and esc or gear down the stock motor like hpi did with theirs. and get some different tires and wheels.
iceman320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2007, 09:08 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Cool! Looking forward to seeing some pics.
SalManilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:08 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I will try to get some pics for you guys tomorrow or the next day. I just have it on the stock chassis for now so how knows I might change it someday but I will see how it works when I get things done. I start my new job on monday and I have been really nervous about starting a new job because I have been working at a tire shop for two years now. and my new job is a little different I will be painting and helping put thing together for a machine shop in town but it will pay more and after six months I will get their health care benifits. so I really hope that it works out because I don't want to keep changing jobs because I'm getting sick having to start new. at a new place after getting use to another. anyway i'm rambling sorry. but thanks for listening or reading .
Old 10-20-2007, 07:12 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I almost hate to call you on this one but sorry you'll never be "almost done modding my WK". One mod begats another, begats another . . . in ad nauseam.

I bought mine in May and right now all that is left from the stock is the axles, knuckles and transmission. Modding is a never-ending journey and I think if you give up modding, then you've lost interest in the hobby.

I don't know about everybody else but for me "modding is half the fun" - or at least 1/4!!!

Welcome to the addiction.
SeanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:13 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

sean, thanks for the advice I went through the modding absession with my nitro trucks. and I know that I will probably never be done modding my wk but I might go a while between mods. my next mod will be a new motor and what gearing could I use to get the torque I need but still get some decent speed when I want to put the hammer down? thanks.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:38 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

15T pinion/ 96T spur seems to be the hot ticket.
lesannatrevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:31 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I'm running the 15/96 setup now. Torque is good but you can easily walk along with the thing at full throttle.

Sean
SeanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:14 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

ok 15/96 it is then I guess. thanks again.